Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

If anything could happen...what would you like to see come from your work here?!?

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

We all have very different ideas of why we post our work here on DrunkDuck. Some of us just want to be 'cool' with the other kids in school, or want to make a bit of money, or be 'found' and hired to become the next Frank Miller! Who knows. What do you wish for when you see your comic come up in the search?

Myself, I don't worry about money too much, or being 'found' because frankly, my comic uses so much of my time and creative energy, I'm not good for much else. I had to give up another title which I really liked, because I was invested in this one. However, I have a fantasy about what could come…

I started reading comics in the late 1970's about the time I joined the Air Force (military barracks…lots of time on hands in foreign country…ect) and immediately ran into the X-Men which had just ushered Chris Claremont on board. I quickly became a huge fan and admirer of Mr. Claremont. If I had anything to wish for with Robot Wars–I would wish that Chris Claremont would pay it a visit and leave me a comment…that would sooooo rock!

Posted at

I hope to work my way up to ruler of the planet. It seemed like such a simple plan:

1. Make webcomic.

2. Conquer Earth.

I haven't made it to step one yet.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Honestly, I just want as many people as possible to read it. Posting it online seemed like a better way to get a bigger audience than my previous strategy of harrassing everyone I know to buy a printed copy.

If anything could happen, of course I'd like to do this for a living. But I don't think that's a particularly unique hope.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I originally imagined my story as a TV series. In fact, my concept pages collected dust for a while as just a pipe dream (imagining an artist would magically appear and bring it to life) until I finally convinced myself to try to "bring it to life" myself even sans any art ability.

So, if anything could happen, it would be for that TV series to magically take form – or for an artist to take an interest in my story and redraw it properly from my crude storyboards. That would be pretty amazing and completely impossible.

Of course, that is not why I post my comic here. I post it here so my friends can see it (since we no longer live in the same town). I write only as a hobby and am not an artist by any stretch, so I have no dreams or even desires to pursue comicking. (I don't even read any non-web comics, aside from a single manga series.)

Posted at

Similarly to usedbooks, I myself have few ideas for a TV show. I have for example a very detailed idea for an 3-4 season long adventure show. Possibly in cartoon form but in that case I would have to tone it down a bit to make it more PG.

At the moment I'm writing a silly just-for-the-fun-of-it stick figure comic. One day if I find a talented artist though I'd start a bigger more serious story. I just really hope it's not one of those pipe dreams that'll never come true.

Edit: Oh I forgot. I'm at the moment writing a play that I'm gonna try to sell out. If that works then who knows? I might be a step closer to my dream of creating a decent show for you guys to watch.

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

We all have very different ideas of why we post our work here on DrunkDuck. Some of us just want to be 'cool' with the other kids in school, or want to make a bit of money, or be 'found' and hired to become the next Frank Miller!

hey who told you what i want?

in all seriousness, my first goal was to make a comic I found worthy of print. Ive done that and Ive put it on the web. my next step is to gather it and self publish it as a book and im working on that right now. my thrid step is to whore the hell out of my book and make some money and maybe option it off to image or dark horse.

Posted at

Have more extravagant idears.

Posted at

I have several goals…

First, I'd love to be able to tell all the stories that are sitting in my head. there's around 80 of these noted down on paper, although some of these are actually a series of various stories, so the actual number is much greater most likely.

To do that, I'd need to do two things: get fast enough to produce large amount of pages every month (otherwise I'll run out of lifetime to tell all the stories) and find some independent financing, hopefully by selling enough selfpublished trades/graphic novels through places like indyplanet.

(after seeing various articles on how difficult it is to make it in traditional printed comics it seems more and more like the way to go).

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

After some consideration… uh, can I change my answer to: "I would like a harem of exotic women, and legion of sychophantic minions to do my bidding?" I mean, comics can get you that stuff, right?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I'd like to be able to live off writing my comic.
If that could be my full time career, that would be awesome.
So any rich excentric millionaires reading this, if you want to hire me to write it, I promise to post a lot more often!

Posted at

Two words, Chicks man. I'm doin this for the poon. Chicks dig a guy who draws crude cow comics. Oh wait i'm married and my wife doesn't really give a shit. What the hell am I doing here?

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

To me, its more about getting out to people.

Similar to the reason why people post their own homemade videos in youtube or newgrounds or any of those other sites.

Its more like a blog. But its in pictures and its not exactly about real life. Its a fictional story with certain emotions and ideas embedded into it.

At the same time its a way of entertaining myself. Video games and books get boring. People get boring. Need a change of activity.

But on the other hand, I don't wanna be on the top 50. It makes me nervous for some reason. I dunno it must be just my personality. If maybe I happened to be a radio talk show host or a musician, I don't think I'd be pushing to the sky no matter how many people would listen to me. But maybe with a little encouragement from the outside, I'd do it. lol

Anyway, I'm content with my comic the way it is. Which it fluctuates anywhere from 100-300 in rank (considering there's more than 15,000 comics in drunkduck already).

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Offshore impossible fantasies eh? I want to go to a comic convention and sell my printed comic, then have some actually attractive babe(at a comic convention) seductively drag me into the bathrooms(totally doesn't have a mile-long line) and pull me into a vacant stall (because the bathroom is empty and doesn't smell like a thousand unwashed nerds used it) and ask my autograph.(hot)

Djeinus
Djeinus
Posted at

For the heck of it! And to get myself to do things on time. I have completely failed at that…

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I just want people to read it and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'm not interested in making a living out of it or anything.

An Internet meme would be cool, though

json
json
Posted at

2 reasons.
1) i want people to read this piece of chaos i have created with the help of my friends. the story is silly and there are enough lame and ridiculous jokes for it to be funny, even if you are not a geek. i just want more and more people to read it and have a good laugh. oh, and more readers to participate in my stupid mothly "readers' suggestions" crap i like to do.

2) i just want to finish the "Powerjeff" story already. this legacy has haunted me for over a decade and is the living testament that i never finish anything. i get really close, and turn my back on it to start something new i'll never finish. this is my chance to finally complete this saga, and start a new era of accomplishment instead of half-assedness.

Druchii
Druchii
Posted at

Well, initially, I want to be able to complete the story I have so far, but ultimately, I wanted to re-do the story in flash animated form, complete with voice work, music, the works. I wanted to post each issue as it's own webisode.

I guess I just don't want to have a normal job. :)

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I just want to make something that somebody somewhere in the world enjoys.

Also I am a bit of an atention whore.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

I wanted to get my ideas out on paper, it's really more of a challenge for me because i've always been terrible at drawing out a story. When i get better at it (practice dammit o_e ) maybe i'll work on getting my stuff looked at ^^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well a movie would be nice- catapult my creation into the pop-culture stratosphere and make it a household name for 15 minutes or so… That'd be nice

Heh, buuuut that's not happening any time soon :)
Maybe one day, maybe not.

Posted at

Oh, I forgot to add… making money in my case would be easier as I live in a place where you could easily live for 500$ a month (nothing extravagant though, but the bills would be paid, food would be bought etc.) So a sale of 100-200 books a month (talking trades/graphic novels here) would make it possible for me to live from that :D

And since we're getting into more extravagant ideas… my own print-on-demand company that'd be big enough to hire translators in several languages so that I could sell my books all over the world without relying on local publishers :D

Posted at

I hope to get Ozone's stapler…when he's not looking.

shhhhh…..

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

After some consideration… uh, can I change my answer to: "I would like a harem of exotic women, and legion of sychophantic minions to do my bidding?" I mean, comics can get you that stuff, right?

Umm–if you make a comic…can't you just 'create' your lovely little harem of bounteous bouncing beauty. It may not be 'real' but it can be satisfying nontheless!

Offshore impossible fantasies eh? I want to go to a comic convention and sell my printed comic, then have some actually attractive babe(at a comic convention) seductively drag me into the bathrooms(totally doesn't have a mile-long line) and pull me into a vacant stall (because the bathroom is empty and doesn't smell like a thousand unwashed nerds used it) and ask my autograph.(hot)

Why is this so impossible? If I was a cute, single, nerdy, comicbookish gal, I'd be in line for ya!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The Nobel Prize for Literature, and tons of other awards in the SF/Fantasy world.

No, not really. Just to get my stories written and out there and hopefully someone, somewhere, reading and enjoying it.

So occasionally I google my other comic title (The title is a word I coined, so it's easy, any mention refers to MY Story {I am a god! lol! Gets out pin to deflate ego} ) and see where it has popped up. (WTF? Germany? I read German so I know the guy liked it! I'm international! lol! )

Attention whore? Former class clown, fast with the reparte. C'est Moi
Yeah I plead guilty. Hell, I also plead for readers. ;)

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Umm–if you make a comic…can't you just 'create' your lovely little harem of bounteous bouncing beauty. It may not be 'real' but it can be satisfying nontheless!

Can I quote you on that next time my shrink tells me that "drawing stuff" is not a substitute for living a functional and fully-adjusted life? Of course, she's also all the time tellin' me that I probably ought to shift my focus from "obtaining harem" to "obtaining gainful employment". Pssht.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.