Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

If you are to meet a celebrity or dead person who would it be?

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Who do you like to meet and why? :)

Posted at

How about Heath Ledger? That's hitting both birds with one stone!

Oh, too soon, CoyoteLongshot, too soon.

Actually, I'd like to meet Maynard James Keenan, the lead singer of Tool. I bet that guy has got some interesting stories to tell, looking at a lot of his lyrics.

Either him or Leslie Nielsen. Just to be able to say that Leslie Nielsen is my homeboy would be awesome.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Ben Franklin. I think he'd be fun to hang out with.

Maybe Jesus Christ. Less fun, but almost certainly an interesting experience – or maybe not Jesus but the disciples; since they are writers/storytellers, so it would be fun talking to them. Speaking of storytellers, add Homer to that list too. Of course, none of this would be any fun unless I understood the language they were speaking or they could speak English. If not, I'll just stick with Ben.

If we're talking more contemporary, I think Steve Irwin. He was a character, and some of my best friends (and my mentor) in graduate school were herpetologists, so I know we'd have things to talk about.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

This is tough, man…

What about Frank Miller?

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I want to put Walt Disney and Michael Eisner together in a thunderdome-like cage, and have them duke it out in a no-holds-barred deathmatch.

And after that, I want to go on a picnic with Jim Henson.

Will
Will
Posted at

Jesus.

Maybe he can explain to me why my life sucks.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I used to say Walt Whitman so I could smack him for being awful. But I think I'll change my answer to Alexander the Great - I bet he'd have some interesting things to say.

ravacomics
ravacomics
Posted at

I want to meet Sir Henry Morgan. I'd like to get his opinion on a certain beverage that bears his likeness.

Posted at

Ian Anderson. He isn't dead yet, but I would've liked to have met him when he was younger.

Apart from that, Beethoven.

SourceX
SourceX
Posted at

The VTec kid to congratulate him.

Posted at

Charles Dickens

And I'd ask him how "The Mystery of Edwin Drood" was supposed to end

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

LOL, Will–I can't stop looking at your avatar. …Is that wrong? lol!

alibaba
alibaba
Posted at

DaVinci… i'd like to see him doing some of his famous sketches on anatomy :) .

Posted at

Ahmad Shah Massoud. To shake his hand, if nothing else.

In the perhaps less impressive category - Terry Pratchett. I want to tell him just how awesome he is, and hug him. 'Cause he's just that awesome. :)

Posted at

Tupac, we'd be hangin in paradise like da gangstas we are.

But seriously, if I could meet a celebrity I would pick Beck or the aquabats. they would be super rad to hang out with them.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Don't take this as an insult, but I think it's funny when people think celebrities would be so neat to hang out with. They're just regular ol' people like you and me. If you meet them at conventions and such, they're actually quite boring. Which is why I enjoy meeting them at conventions, because it puts a big shock of reality into me. It tells me, "hey, these people are just like me."

In my past convention visits, I've seen Keanu Reeves, Angelina Jolie, Jude Law, Halle Berry, Frank Miller, Jessica Alba, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Lucy Lawless, Karl Urban, Ted Raimi, the entire cast of Firefly, most of the cast of Farscape, Hugh Laurie, Calista Flockhart….anyway, they were all pretty damn normal when I saw them. In fact, Angelina Jolie was so shy, you could barely hear her. She clammed up like a little girl and mewed like a kitten in the microphone. It was very strange; she was the opposite of her bold persona on the red carpet. …Keanu was…well, Keanu. lol!

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I'd like to meet Paul Lynde. He's my favorite of all dead celebrities. Very, very funny man!

~Neil

Posted at

Henry Cavendish.

He could teach me how to play solitaire and how the hell he got the periodic table of elements out of it.

Posted at

Nicola Tesla. I'd spend the entire time dropping subtle hints that I'm a secret spy for Thomas Edison.

fazz33
fazz33
Posted at

John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley, these 3.

Because they pretty much shaped what is the modern world. I just want to show em how little has changed since their deaths (around late 80s or very early 90s).

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

I wouldn't really like to meet a dead person, I don't think they could keep up a conversation too well.

Also, I got nothin'.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

The guy who made Dungeons and Dragons, Gary Gygax. If not for his invention my teenage life would've been very different (and very boring… almost became a Priest)…

Posted at

Stephen King.

Bill Gates.
…and George Lucas.

Because these guys don't Fuck Around.

Oh, …and that little Spanish chick from Desperate House Wives…
because she is a pretty little kitty.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I'm too lazy to put reasoning right now but…I hope musicians count too.

Freddy Mercury
Brian May
Rodney Dangerfield
David Bowie
Tim Burton
Stanley Kubrick
Thom Yorke & Johnny Greenwood
Marilyn Manson
Mel Brooks

That's all I got right now. Three dead, the rest are alive. =P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.