Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

If your comic had its own game. What genre would it be.

same
same
Posted at

Im gonna start this up again seeing as the site went down and the thread disappeared before. So what genre would your comic be if it was a video game?

Burtonville would be an action rpg.

I made this:

Not excited about it anymore seeing as its old news but it would be cool if any of you wanna do the same.

Posted at

It'd be a very bad game, but roleplaying, I guess…? Yeah, probably. A lot of my characters were originally inspired by Harvest Moon characters after all. I'm really hardcore.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

RPG/Shoot 'em up. Definitely. In fact, I'm working on something like that right now. Won't be a bullet hell shooter though… I'm not good enough to make those yet. Too bad when I do start working on it I fall asleep and end up with QWERTY on my forehead when I wake up… O_O

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I have no clue. I've never even thought of that.

Currently it would probably be a very very very bad fighting game or first person shooter game.

But future installments can be a realtime strategy game (like Command and Conquer or Starcraft) or an adventure game like Solid Snake or something.

I dunno.

Posted at

'Many Tales of Minigirls' would be an eroge (ero game).

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

This is a really interesting thread! Honestly, I'm not a gamer by any means, so I've never thought about it until I saw the thread title haha.

BTRN is kind of primarily a drama, but I can't imagine dramas make very good games, excluding those anime visual novels but that's debatable. But, because of the "political activists" aspect and the fact that basically all major fight scenes are fought with arms, the first thing I thought was, first-person shooter haha :D

It's ironic, though, because I tried an FPS once and was absolutely terrible at navigating it. I wouldn't even be able to play my own game…

Dave7
Dave7
Posted at

I figure All Saints would probably be a mix of third-person shooter and hack-and-slash fighting; something like Gears of War 2 meets Prince of Persia (the original trilogy, before that aweful Xbox 360/PS3 version). Plus the soundtrack would probably be mostly heavy metal songs.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

A niche exploration rpg with maybe a random generator for when the player enters the Subterranean each time. It would make sense, since that's how it already works, more or less.

That, or whatever Metroid is considered. Exploration platformer adventure? I would go 2D in this case.

Edit: Oh, you know what? Survival Horror might be the best genre when I think again about it. More Silent Hill than RE.

Posted at

Mine would basically be GTA4. The plans I have set out for it, though it would be a GTA4 with a bit of war involved.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Point and Click Adventure reminiscent of the old Lucasarts DOS games. And yes, Insult Fighting would be included, damnit.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

a very random 2d/3d side-scroller… probably with some rpg element or two…

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Puzzle game! I like puzzle games. ^_^ I'd prefer a series of different puzzles, perhaps in a themed world. It could have a story mode, I guess. I'd like that for either of my comics. (Used Books would also work as an RPG or adventure game, and the cast is big enough that it could be a fighting game – but I like puzzle games.)

Gelotology has no story, so it wouldn't need a story mode. It might be more of an "explore" kind of game set in a big lab or university. There might be puzzles or things to solve in different rooms. I remember playing games like that when CD roms were first available.

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

The most obvious genre for Shades would be an action/adventure game but, given the back-stories I've developed for each of the main characters, it could also incorporate some RPG elements.

Ideally, it would have a different style of gameplay for each of the "flashback" sequences. I could see some missions working as stealth sections while others could almost be old-school platformers. Oh, and a driving section which would let you take control of Boudicca's "chariot" … Hell, I'd buy it!

Posted at

I think a puzzle/action-adventure would be an interesting way to go for Carnies. Horror survival simply wouldn't work since that genre needs a dark and serious atmosphere for its scares to work and there's very little about Carnies that's serious.

Mind you, setting up a tabletop RPG could also be fun. I'd pretty much just have to design all the traps, come up with some rules that'd be unique to the game, figure out some enemies and then let players loose in my universe. Actually, that'd be something to think about for later on…

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

My comic: No Heroes would be kind of like a mix between Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3 and a very old game: Baldur's gate.

In the beginning of the story, kind of where No Heroes is now, it's about one man running from the law. this turns into one man fighting animals and people living in a post-apocalyptic world and finally the end of the first book will be a group of people going on a quest.

the second book, and then of course the second game, will be back to fallout, one man looking for revenge…

It'd be really cool if I could put my characters into game characters, I think the idea of No Heroes on the X360 would rule…

K

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Apocalypse 2030 would be a mash-up of several different genres, open sand box, shooter and action/adventure. Think of GTA in a post apocalyptic world run by corrupt leaders and nuclear wars.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

A Hard Boiled Detective would translate near perfectly to the Point and Click adventure. In fact, I've been wanting to make that for quite some time, except I haven't even managed to learn AGS. Probably never going to happen.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Mine would be rated NC-17 for sexy situations.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

My comic The Wanderers would be an RPG kinda like KotOR in my opinion. I'll probably make a poster thing like same later.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Mine would be rated NC-17 for sexy situations.
Then it would be banned in Australia… Because only little children play Vidya games here and if an adult were to play a game with sexy stuff in it then they'd automatically transform into a rapist paedophile, zoophile, necrophiliac psychopath.

So lucky us.

…But then it's a humorman game so no loss.

Posted at

Then it would be banned in Australia… Because only little children play Vidya games here and if an adult were to play a game with sexy stuff in it then they'd automatically transform into a rapist paedophile, zoophile, necrophiliac psychopath.

Yeah, at first I thought it was annoying having an American xbox in Australia (can't just go to an EB games and buy anything, have to get games online) but now I've realised I'm lucky. Also US games are cheaper.

and to stay on topic, my other comic, Out There, would probably be a point and click game.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.