Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Interesting development in targeting an audience.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Okay, this will sound very strange to everyone but just recently, I've been having a very interesting experience while publishing my web comic on this site. Of course it's anthro art, and there aren't too many anthro fans circulating on the net, but I thought I'd share this experience because it is indeed a very positive one. Not only on DD but on my mirror site at Smack Jeeves, I've had several readers who do admit that they aren't fans of anthro art, but have given me very positive complements, stating that they really do like what I have so far. It's a shocker to me because for the most part, I'm doing this because I enjoy it. I don't care where the ratings are right now, it's just a fun thing to do. So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is it possible to actually generate an audience who has no interest in the genre but is drawn to it by a particular work of art? And I know there's a hidden message in all this but I think I need a little help in understanding it.

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

sure, i hate sprite comics, but recently i discovered one sprite comic that's actually pretty funny and i enjoy reading it. Every once in awhile you just find a comic that hits all the things you wanted to see in the genre. Its simply a matter of finding something you like to read

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yes it's possible. People mainly like my work fro the art.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Yeah, I've gotten great complements soley on the art as well. Truthfully I'm really just interested in doing this for fun, and I can take or leave the ratings, but it is interesting to see how well it does as far as generating an audience. The complements and comments are all very helpful but I do know that I need to still improve upon the story somewhat. I have a habit of making a very complicated storyline, and that's something I'm working on. I suppose the hardest thing is the story. I'm great at illustrating it but I tend to make a lot of mistakes while writing it.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I wouldn't classify "anthro" as a genre, at least not in the popular sense. I wouldn't even call it an "art style", since that implies that all anthro stuff looks the same. If anything it's a personal preference in casting…

Posted at

I wouldn't classify "anthro" as a genre, at least not in the popular sense. I wouldn't even call it an "art style", since that implies that all anthro stuff looks the same. If anything it's a personal preference in casting…

in a sense, I argee with inkmonkey. there's so many series out there espeically in anime, espeically in video games and so on, that has at least one anthro character.. yet it's not enough to call that series anthro, even if the anime has tons of people that has cat ears and tails, like loveless.
(man, that was a werid anime. the people lost thier cat ears and tails when they lost thier innocence/or virginity).

but then again, if the series/games was in an world where there was no humans at all, then it might be proable to call it an antro series, as in a gerne. there's many games out there that doesn't even have humans in it… and instead you have those humanish animals.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

You guys are right. I have seen characters where humans have animal body parts, in other cartoons. Dragonball Z is one of them. I'm not too fond of it but I have watched it. It's hard to give Anthro its own genre. But the stuff I do is actually non human involved. The story revolves around two animal anthro races but it's a complex story, and the comic explains it better than I do.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.