Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
sandy
sandy
Posted at

When Drunk Duck went down, I put my stuff on Smack Jeeves to rekindle exposure on my comic. Now that it's coming back, I'm really happy but at the same time, I really like Smack Jeeves too. My heart is in two places and I'm wondering if that's okay. I can't help it really, I truely enjoy Drunk Duck but I also enjoy Smack Jeeves. I hope you guys aren't mad at me for that.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

i dont think anyone would hold any grudge against you for doing that. Besides, a lot of people had to look for another hosting when the site went down thinking it would never come up again, plus, its not like DD forces exclusivity on its users. On the other hand, you can also take it as an advantage on your part since you can have 2 fronts for your comic exposure, the more readers the better right?

Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted at

I don't see a problem. I have my old DD comics on Smackjeeves and I'm leaving them there. I'm bringing new comics to the new Drunk duck though, as soon as I get an artist for my new one

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Thanks guys, I'm glad you understand. You're right. The more places I host my stuff the better the exposure. And Volte thanks for not being mad at me for choosing to go with two hosts. Because I really like both spots.

Oh Titus Sandronicus. You know we can't stay mad at you!

Incidentally… do I really have to bring TEO back to DD? Because, honestly, I'm kind of on the fence about it. Of course, I'll still loiter around the DD forums either way, but… I don't know. I haven't really decided yet.

~IJ

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Incidentally… do I really have to bring TEO back to DD? Because, honestly, I'm kind of on the fence about it. Of course, I'll still loiter around the DD forums either way, but… I don't know. I haven't really decided yet.
Awwww, go on! Go on.
Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!

-One of my favourite lines from Father Ted.

Ah, there's no reason why you shouldn't. Just do it. TEO will always have the nice, propper home you gave it, but it can also have a friendly, nice cosy place here, nestled in warm, downy duck feathers…
With bird duck poo and bird flu
But it's all good.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Obviously I want everyone back at DrunkDuck… given recent events, I can't expect that. My personal goal is to load it up full of so much good stuff that people will be compelled to make that decision :)

So, if you don't plan on coming back… that's fine. Stick around and maybe you'll change your mind ;)

Coydog
Coydog
Posted at

I was already in the process of establishing mirrors for Arrowflight and GAAK on Webcomicsnation.com as I already had a free account as a perk of being on Graphic Smash. It was fortunate that I had done so and WCN is a nice setup for automated webcomic management. Once DD is fully back, I'll just locate mirrors here.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Besides, having two homes means twice the family, right?
Dude. I'm probably like the only other person here who knows who and what Father Ted is.
Familly! :D

Enef
Enef
Posted at

-One of my favourite lines from Father Ted.
Dude. I'm probably like the only other person here who knows who and what Father Ted is.

I DO! ^_^

I prefer my family to be the cool family like DD not the dodgy uncles who give you weird looks like Smackjeeves, and definetely not the old relative in the corner who speaks to noone and noone quite knows what realtive he is to who like Comicgen

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I think Father Ted is hilarious.

Posted at

I'm in three places at once. Obviously if I'd agreed with the person running the site to do an exclusive comic for their site, or if I was getting paid, I wouldn't do that, but as is, I figure it's the best way to get a good mixture of people reading my stuff.

…And Father Ted DOES indeed rock.

Posted at

Yeah, I'm English too. Just living in Japan for a year.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I'm in three places at once. Yeah. That's like…trying to balance on a motorcycle on the top of three cars at a time.

…that anaology made no sense.

Posted at

Um… I am working on being on 5.

OK… enough of that

(((FAMILY HUGGIE!)))

my, what long arms we have!

Posted at

I think you could do it, if the cars were small enough and the motorcycle big enough…

Cindermain
Cindermain
Posted at

I think Father Ted is hilarious.

Ditto!

"Fack off, cup!"

I think Father Ted is hilarious…and I'm CATHOLIC even. :oops: But an American Catholic, so I'm down widdat. :P

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

ALL RIGHT! THUMBS UP! From now on it's about FAMILY!

Drunk Duck was appropriated by the Mafia? This explains how a shattered business suddenly becomes successful again… WE ALL SAW THE PRETZEL EPISODE OF THE SIMPSONS.

ryclaude
ryclaude
Posted at

ALL RIGHT! THUMBS UP! From now on it's about FAMILY!

Drunk Duck was appropriated by the Mafia? This explains how a shattered business suddenly becomes successful again… WE ALL SAW THE PRETZEL EPISODE OF THE SIMPSONS.

…I didn't…. :cry:

Cindermain
Cindermain
Posted at

…me neither.

Strangely, tho, I don't feel too bad about that. :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.