Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Is it weird...

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hahaha! I'm having the worst feature week of the decade, thank the gods it's almost over. T____T

Thank the gods for Skoolmunkee!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

That happens to me sometimes. I'm always really proud of myself when I find a comic before it gets featured. :)

Erad
Erad
Posted at

I think I read somewhere that comics get featured almost randomly (like if they are stumbled upon by those who pick featured comics).

Is that accurate?

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I think I read somewhere that comics get featured almost randomly (like if they are stumbled upon by those who pick featured comics).

Is that accurate?

I'm not sure how exactly it could be any less random than that…but yeah, comics are featured when an admin thinks a comic is notable and could use more attention.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I've noticed the 'unnoticed creative webcomic' stickied post on the forum seems to be an eyecatcher for some of the future features.

Posted at

I find them earlier than L33T ;]

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

It's happened to me almost all the time now. I've not faved any new ones but It's happened about the last ten times.

I don't think it's that unusual. After all if everybody wasn't faving them they probably wouldn't be featured.

Erad
Erad
Posted at

Are you told if you are going to be featured or not?

Or do you just look on the front page and hope you're there?

Posted at

It's happened to me almost all the time now. I've not faved any new ones but It's happened about the last ten times.

I don't think it's that unusual. After all if everybody wasn't faving them they probably wouldn't be featured.
Yeah but alot of the ones I notice before being featured aren't getting much notice, its like me and a few others and then BAM featured. Of course this may be because I only start reading comics with 30 pages or less, that way I don't have to catch up to much.

Posted at

I faved Elspeth about 4 days before it went up, which was weird.

Normally any comic I've faved that gets featured has a week of celebrating then an update saying PERMANENT HIATUS. It always happens. :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Normally any comic I've faved that gets featured has a week of celebrating then an update saying PERMANENT HIATUS. It always happens. :(
That doesn't always happens, but it does happen a lot. Maybe we shouldn't feature comics at all?

Naaaw!

Posted at

I find them earlier than L33T ;]
I wouldn't bet on that. I sometimes sit there at the home page and refresh until new and good comics come up.

about the same with me… actually, was it 4 days? O_o?
(for some reason I'll go and quote ya again)

Normally any comic I've faved that gets featured has a week of celebrating then an update saying PERMANENT HIATUS. It always happens.
Well…or they just get updated on a server move that I still don't see what it did! OR they soar into the top ten for a week and then drop, never getting that high again. Sometimes a lot of people check out the comic when it's OVER and get it up there-I HATE THAT. What was I talking about again? :). Wanna know what happened with Something Original? It went into the top ten at 13 pages, stayed there for a few days and then lost its spot. It got featured…a month later?

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

That doesn't happen with featured comics, but I've noticed I've faved quite a few webcomics recently that have stopped updating shortly after I've faved them.

I'm cursed, or blessed depending on how you look at it. :)

Posted at

i rarely look at the front page or the newsbar, so i'd never know what was featured.

i feel it's more relaxing that way.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

That happens to me sometimes. I'm always really proud of myself when I find a comic before it gets featured. :)
That is a great feeling. Then it's like, "I was into it before it was cool!"
I haven't much lately, although I have been enjoying quite a few of the features lately! (So thanks Ozzy and Skool!)

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

It's happened to me quite a few times. It also happens to me with bands. I liked gorillaz BEFORE they became a huge crazy success. Same with the Flaming Lips, although i actually hate them. Shoot im getting sidetracked…

Posted at

It's happened to me quite a few times. It also happens to me with bands. I liked gorillaz BEFORE they became a huge crazy success. Same with the Flaming Lips, although i actually hate them. Shoot im getting sidetracked…

The Gorrilaz never really struck it that big.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

You think? I dunno, I thought they did pretty well. Maybe its because of Feel good inc., Because Apple had a commercial with that song and…Hmm.
I guess you're right. I haven't even heard much of them recently

Posted at

You think? I dunno, I thought they did pretty well. Maybe its because of Feel good inc., Because Apple had a commercial with that song and…Hmm.
I guess you're right. I haven't even heard much of them recently
Well they will have a new album out soon. And Demon DAys was really their only famous album. Out of that, Feel Good inc. was the only famous song. The only other songs that were famous off another album, self titled one, were 19/2000 and Clint Eastwood. I'm not much of a rap fan myself but those guys rule.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.