Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Is Saturday dead?

Posted at

Hi. Is Saturday usually a dead day here on Drunk Duck?

I've only started posting my comics here this week, so obviously it's way too soon for me to be able to spot trends, but since I work on Saturdays I don't have much else to do besides refresh my stat page every hour. I've noticed that unlike the last few days my page views and comments are down.

Now this could be because I didn't update today (although I didn't update on Thursday either, and my pageviews were almost double), or it could because everyone who cares here has already read my comic. But, being optimistic, I'd like to think that the site is generally slow on Saturdays due to the majority of regular viewers not being at work/school/whatever other soul draining enterprise that drives you to read internet comics.

So is my theory sound? Is the weekend generally slow? Or am I grasping at straws?

demontales
demontales
Posted at

You are totally right, weekends are pretty dead.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It's weird, the forums are usually quiet on the weekend and I don't get a lot of comments over the weekend but page views can be pretty good. Not many comics update over the weekend so it can be a good time to get yours on the front page when you update.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sunday and Monday for me, but then I'm in Australia so I'm in the future.
With doctor Who.

Tom Baker when he was skinny.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Yep, i guess weekends are 'get back to your life' day for the forums.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

This is true with most sites dealing with hobbies and pasttimes not just DD. Might be something about people only looking at the computer about their hobbies while at work during the week?

A lot of people only post on boards when at work or on weekdays after work and their weekends are reserved for stuff other than the computer.

Posted at

Sunday and Monday for me, but then I'm in Australia so I'm in the future.
With doctor Who.

Tom Baker when he was skinny.

I'm so jealous right now,i'll trade you for Canada?

Anyway, yea DD pretty much hibernates on the weekends, i guess it's because everyone's making comics or having lives or such?

Posted at

I also notice this but it doesn't make sense.

I mean some DD members have to work so the week is taken by that and then the weekend would seem to be the perfect time to actually go on the internet but as Every just said:

"having lives and such"

Even though I don't.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Everyone's still hung over from Friday night.

Posted at

Everyone's still hung over from Friday night.

Except me! I suffer from Anti-Hangover after a heavy night drinking I only sleep 3 to 4 hours.

binaryfaye
binaryfaye
Posted at

Oddly my comic seems to get the most views during work hours… but like the afternoon. When work is winding down and people are bored and just watching the clock…

Or at least, I like to imagine that's the reason why. My comic, the only thing keeping unhappy cubicle workers from going postal… Yeah.

sama
sama
Posted at

We haven't been here very long either, but maybe it has something to do with people having more of a routine on weekdays (go to school/work, then DD at night)

Weekends are more unpredictable, since even if you're not going out, you're washing your dog/cat, borrowing a movie, crying in the bathtub, etc

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

saturday night's allright (for fightin).

itsjustaar
itsjustaar
Posted at

I really need to fix my schedule when posting. There are days I just get really dry, and it'll often fall on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Or just whenever. :<

I like posting my page on a day where it'll be on the front for like a good hour or so, untouched. :D Makes me happeh.

gordebak
gordebak
Posted at

Today is Monday as I post this, and my worst day except the first day of my comic.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.