Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*

It's a magazine

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Hello there. I am the Aussie Kid and I come before you to tell you of a wonderful opportunity that the lot of you have before you today. It's a little idea I like to call… 'Fowl Play'

Some of you may recall, from many months ago, the drunkduck ezine, The Quack. An online site that had interviews, tutorials, little strips, etc. It was fun, until a bad miscommunication caused the owner to give up all hope. My idea is like that, except printed at Lulu by yours truly and styled after something like Shonen Jump or other magazines of that nature. A 300 page mag filled with stuff you guys give to me that comes out once a month (Maybe more frequently if it gets really popular

Here's what I need from you guys:
- Story comics (Dragon ball, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc.) where one chapter appears per issue. Though please keep each chapter shorter than 35 pages, so you don't overshadow everyone else.
- One shots (Stories, strips, whatever). Again, no more than 35 pages please
- Strips (Garfield, Hagar the Horrible, etc.)
- Articles (Upcoming comics people might want to check out, reviews of webcomics, interviews, etc.)
- Text stories (For those of you who can't draw, you can do this if you can't find an artist)
- Ads. Yep, I want you guys to try and sell your stuff. Of course, I'll be charging for this, but nothing too much

Of course, there are some things I won't take
- Sprite comics (Unless you're doing something like Screwball Islands)
- Fan fiction (Unless you have permission from the owner. Parodies are fine though)
- Anything that has been plagiarised
- Something that would be worthy of an A rating on drunkduck (I might make a special mature issue if I get a lot of submissions of that nature)

Before you ask, no I don't pay anything up front but you will get a slice of profit if this sells, depending on what you do. Also, you all still own all rights to your submission. I'll write up a form so that when you send your stuff to me, you can sign it and keep all your rights

For more information, go here:

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_category.php?cid=2631&comic_id=346

If you have any more questions, feel free to either PQ me or ask them on the forum (I'd prefer the forum though. It'd make things easier rahter than me having to go through my PQ Box)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the cut off date for submissions for the first issue is January 18th, so that I can sort everything by its release date, the 25th. This gives you 50 days to come up with an idea

EDIT 2: Have made some changes to the submitting guidelines and such, so please read the entire 'Who, what, when and why' topic you see after clicking on the link.

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I have a comic hosted on the Duck without sprites and a T+ rating, it is made in MS PAINT, but time is spent on the art.
Can/should I send you (digitally) comics to use?

My comic, LOLZ, is in my sig.

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

Hey that sounds like a pretty good idea. Me and my friend have always wanted to do something like it but we don't know anyone so….

Where exactly can we send you a submission? You mentioned setting up an e-mail address or something I think.

Also can we submit more than one comic? Not saying that I will but I'm just curious.

Posted at

HAY THIS SOUNDS PRETTY AWESOME. I have a new comic that I've been planning for a while and my only question is, would we be able to put it into a comic on our own user as well?

Jimeth
Jimeth
Posted at

I'd like to do something for this, but I have an issue… A chapter a month is a helluva lotta work.

Actually, can anyone here colour well on the computer? I'm not as good at colouring and I'd feel better if I was going into a partnership on this. I know it's greyscale but someone still needs to… greyscale it. Or something. Or not.

I think it'd be a superhero themed pen drawn comic. I reckon I could do that :p

4bh0r53n
4bh0r53n
Posted at

sounds like a good idea, i would be willing to submit some work for it.
I could only manage a small comic strip each month, would that be ok?

Posted at

I'd be interested in submiting a story (with chapters of around 15 pages) to your magazine and an artical too.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Well…I guess I could submit a strip or something…
If you want that is…

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

nice idea, watcha going to call it? I also wanted to know if I could get a copy. I had an idea like this a year ago but quit it after I realized I couldnt get any comics from anyone, that was before I found DD. I would like to know If I could do this as well. You know, make a magazine comic thing.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

If it cool with you I could submit some of my Nonsensical Ravings comics.

Posted at

You can use any of The Devon Legacy. The more people that get to read it the better. Though you may have to do a bit of page arranging because some chapters (like my current issue) are more than 35 pages long.

Contact me if you need the pages already in a ready for print format.

Posted at

I could probably do strips, but you never said how many strips you wanted per issue, like minimum or maximum.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I'd be interested in submiting a story (with chapters of around 15 pages) to your magazine and an artical too.
Well…I guess I could submit a strip or something…
If you want that is…
If it cool with you I could submit some of my Nonsensical Ravings comics.
Yeah, cool. If you got something, go for it

nice idea, watcha going to call it?
I could probably do strips, but you never said how many strips you wanted per issue, like minimum or maximum.
Follow the link in my first post for your answers

You can use any of The Devon Legacy. The more people that get to read it the better. Though you may have to do a bit of page arranging because some chapters (like my current issue) are more than 35 pages long.

Contact me if you need the pages already in a ready for print format.
Your answer is also in the link. Oh, and yes please for the print ready format

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Hey guys, I've gotten a good response, but there's still space left for anyone. You've got a month to go if you want to be in the first issue, which seems like plenty of time to get your comic story or strip together, or maybe a review or a tutorial or interview or something like that.

Also, it's not a pro magazine without the ads, so if you need to spread the word about something, I got you covered (The price list is available. Just follow the link in my signature)

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Very cool. Could I submit a few pages from 'That Random Paint Comic'?
And will I be able to make it in the first issue of this?

Kxela
Kxela
Posted at

Hey guys, I've gotten a good response, but there's still space left for anyone. You've got a month to go if you want to be in the first issue, which seems like plenty of time to get your comic story or strip together, or maybe a review or a tutorial or interview or something like that.

Also, it's not a pro magazine without the ads, so if you need to spread the word about something, I got you covered (The price list is available. Just follow the link in my signature)

ah good, I was like 'oh crap oh crap… is the deadline this month or next!? @_@'
Just got done with school so I still plan on getting something in ^^;

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Very cool. Could I submit a few pages from 'That Random Paint Comic'?
And will I be able to make it in the first issue of this?

Yep. The deadline to get into the first issue is the 18th of January, and it will be released on the 25th (Just to give me a week to sort everyone's entires out and get an order and convert them to pdf.

ah good, I was like 'oh crap oh crap… is the deadline this month or next!? @_@'
Just got done with school so I still plan on getting something in ^^;

That's cool. There's still a month

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.