Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I know it's a little later than we promised, but I hope you all like it.

http://store.drunkduck.com/

I'm sure a bug will pop up here or there, but thanks to our amazing admins for combing through the store with a fine-toothed comb, finding everything we could to make what we have there as great as possible.

Enjoy!

-Platinum Dan

—————————————-

The original store thread is here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=226&tid=52188&p=1

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Yay!
It looks cool, here's hoping it all works!

same
same
Posted at

First thing i noticed was the mature filter. So i switched that off. Then the second thing i noticed was ozones contribution of boobs. lol! But nice. Thanks. Now. ONWARD TO MONEY!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

For the purposes of offering your Artwork Merchandise for sale and fulfilling orders for your Artwork Merchandise through the Artist Program and for the period during which your Artwork is placed in the Artist Program, you grant to the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Artwork, in whole or in part with or without the Artwork of others, in any manner and media including, and not as a limitation, uses of the Artwork to promote the Artist Program and the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store; (b) modify, adapt, translate, create, re-format, and store the Artwork, in whole or in part, in any manner and media, and © sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee. You hereby grant to the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store and its sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Artwork and the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Artwork.
Should I be worried that not only those in charge of the store, but anyone they tell to do so, can use the artwork I'll upload and all my characters appearing on it in any way they see fit, without my further agreement/knowledge and/or royalties for me? I don't think the first part ("For the purposes…" ) legally limits this use (especially the "not as a limitation"-part worries me)! I really don't wanna give my characters and artwork away just so they can be on cups and such sold in the dd store!

Posted at

For the purposes of offering your Artwork Merchandise for sale and fulfilling orders for your Artwork Merchandise through the Artist Program and for the period during which your Artwork is placed in the Artist Program, you grant to the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Artwork, in whole or in part with or without the Artwork of others, in any manner and media including, and not as a limitation, uses of the Artwork to promote the Artist Program and the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store; (b) modify, adapt, translate, create, re-format, and store the Artwork, in whole or in part, in any manner and media, and © sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee. You hereby grant to the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store and its sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Artwork and the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Artwork.
Should I be worried that not only those in charge of the store, but anyone they tell to do so, can use the artwork I'll upload and all my characters appearing on it in any way they see fit, without my further agreement/knowledge and/or royalties for me? I don't think the first part ("For the purposes…" ) legally limits this use (especially the "not as a limitation"-part worries me)! I really don't wanna give my characters and artwork away just so they can be on cups and such sold in the dd store!

Abt_Nihil,
Because the store allows consumers to modify the artwork in the product builder as they build the product and because we need to advertise the artwork on the front page, we have to word it that way. Essentially, (a) says we can use your art to promote the store. If we didn't have that, you wouldn't be included on the front page. (b) says that your artwork can be modified as part of the program within the product builder. You could sue us for cropping your artwork if we didn't have that. © makes sure, if we have to subcontract to another party for mugs or t-shirts, we have the right to do so.

You are not giving your characters away in any way, you're just letting us use them within the store, for the purposes of the store alone. You still 100% retain ownership of the characters and stories within your comics.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I don't mean to be picky, but this could cause me a lot of headaches, so I have to be absolutely sure on this. I understand you need to modify my artwork, and that some subcontractors need to be involved, but the way the terms of use are worded now, there seems to be absolutely no limitation to the use of my artwork and characters. I can't just take your word, I need this to be made clear in the terms of use themselves.

For one, why don't you just add a clause like "any use of the artwork or characters that leads to any sort of revenue will be shared by 50% with the creator of the artwork and/or characters"? That's the whole point of the store anyway, so it wouldn't change anything about the store itself, and it would make me feel much better.

Also, how can I be sure my artwork won't be printed and sold outside of the store by a subcontractor (since its use is "not limited" to promoting the store)?

(If this is already somewhere in the terms of use, and I've simply overlooked it, please quote it rather than interpreting it - I'm thankful for your answer and for making it all clear, but as I said, the answer has to be in the terms of use themselves for me to be satisfied.)

Posted at

"For one, why don't you just add a clause like "any use of the artwork or characters that leads to any sort of revenue will be shared by 50% with the creator of the artwork and/or characters"? That's the whole point of the store anyway, so it wouldn't change anything about the store itself, and it would make me feel much better."

There is a clause like that in section 4. Artist Share:
"The DrunkDuck Merchandise Store will pay you the Artist Share designated by the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store, as described in Section 3. For all products, the Artist Share is equal to 50% of the Retail Price minus the wholesale price of the Artwork Merchandise. The Artist Share shall not include any amounts received by the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store from the purchaser for taxes, duties, shipping, insurance or handling. It is your responsibility to review the Retail Prices and the Artist Share before finalizing your submission of Artwork. By submitting your Artwork for inclusion in the Artist Program, you agree to accept the Artist Share designated by the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store for each sale of your Artwork Merchandise as your sole and only compensation for each such sale."

Therefore, even if we DID subcontract you would received 50% of retail price minus the wholesale price of the artwork merchandise. But we couldn't subcontract your work out anyway. You are granting a the worldwide, nonexclusive license to the Artist Program of the Drunkduck Merchandise Store. Any sublicense beyond that has to be a part of that program for the sake of fulfillment alone. You simply can't transfer a license like that to an outside party for use ways other than intended in the initial grant of license.

We could call that out better in that section by modifying the language something like this:
"© sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, for the sake of fulfillment of merchandise offered within the DrunkDuck Merchandise Store, to any third party, with or without a fee."

Posted at

I like the ads that you've placed on the site.

… I'm not particularly worried about my mom finding out my password since she can't tell the difference between a computer and a toaster but quail is scaring the bejebus out of me.

same
same
Posted at

Now that ive actually posted something i wonder will it sell. I put effort into making it quality art work. Well a happy looking halucinagenic mushroom. Hopefully thats to tshirt standards.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Well, that was interesting! I came on DD and then without really looking, clicked on the link where "forums" usually is…I was very surprised to find a store!

Posted at

I realized my artwork dosn't look good on shirts. I went through alot of other members' artwork and got the same result. So shirts are a bust for me. Now the playing cards and mousepads are where it is at. All the artwork is good on those and everyonce in a while you get an art piece that is just amazing on them. Like the charby art. That makes me want to pay $22. I won't though but it makes me want to.

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

I realized my artwork dosn't look good on shirts. I went through alot of other members' artwork and got the same result. So shirts are a bust for me. Now the playing cards and mousepads are where it is at. All the artwork is good on those and everyonce in a while you get an art piece that is just amazing on them. Like the charby art. That makes me want to pay $22. I won't though but it makes me want to.

Yeah, I put a few designs up. And I doubt anyone will sell a whole lot of t shirts. I like a couple of my designs on the mugs and other things (especially the Bear Obama spoof). I think you can make a t shirt design work, you just have to design specifically for a t shirt in mind. If you just throw a random page of your comic on a tee, it probably won't look so hot.

Posted at

Yeah, I put a few designs up. And I doubt anyone will sell a whole lot of t shirts. I like a couple of my designs on the mugs and other things (especially the Bear Obama spoof). I think you can make a t shirt design work, you just have to design specifically for a t shirt in mind. If you just throw a random page of your comic on a tee, it probably won't look so hot.
Well the problem is that they only allow you a little squar. Sure you could make any shape as long as you do it with your art. But it still well just be a little image. You can't even put the image anywhere other than the chest of the shirt.

And your right that does make a nice mug. Still wouldn't buy a mug for $10. I might buy a button or two but that will probably be it for me. Of course I'd wait for when the economy isn't kicking my ass.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well the problem is that they only allow you a little squar.
For adult T-shirts there's the option of having a bigger print on them too. :)
-"Xtra Large Image T-Shirt"

Posted at

This is cool, and I'm shocked that the prices aren't staggering like other artist communities I've tried to sell at. Using stuff like Zazzle or Deviantart isn't even worth my time.

My only gripe so far is the file type. I am not sure if there's even a noticeable difference in printing since I don't have samples to compare, but I normally use TIFF rather than web-friendly ones like JPG, GIF, or PNG.

*edit*

Well, correction… I can't seem to upload anything. It keeps saying the title, webcomic, and genre fields are not filled out, but I did fill them out.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well, correction… I can't seem to upload anything. It keeps saying the title, webcomic, and genre fields are not filled out, but I did fill them out.
Ha! Our first bug! :)

Crap, nothing I can do, sorry… :(
Keep trying please! Erase your cache, try a different a browser.

Posted at

Ok… well, I tried to use IE instead of Firefox and it did the same thing. T_T I don't know what it could be. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ok… well, I tried to use IE instead of Firefox and it did the same thing. T_T I don't know what it could be. Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Does it do that every singe time you upload?
What is the name of the file?
What type of file is it?

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

hmmm..

i need to get a paypal account. :(

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.