Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

It's hard to believe it's ended...

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

8-Bit theater is over. Well, it had a good run, I guess if it went for too long it might have gotten boring, confusing, and off the topic quest. It already was kinda, but in a good way. So, anyone else going to miss the thing?

Posted at

I was never a big reader of it, I only glanced at a few strips.

But a sprite comic that managed to attract such a high amount of readers must have been good. At least it got a proper ending =)

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

What's 8-bit Theater?

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

It was too long. A lot of the pages were pointless rambling attempts at some vague humor while others were just repeats of the light warriors doing their one dimensional stereotype schticks.

Fighter says something dumb. Black mage acts angry or exasperated. Red Mage ignores the drama and goes on nonsensically about how something in the problem could be solved. Thief makes a snarky comment. Rinse, wash, repeat.

The last page is nice, but I feel 8 Bit was like the last ten years of the Simpsons. Random and long having forgotten its original charm.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

That wasn't fun. That was lame.

Posted at

I'm glad its over. The comic had suffered from even its author being sick of it! The writing was pretty keen in a few comics, but really it just dragged on and on.
The ending was good though. I liked seeing all the characters drawn, rather than being sprites.

Tokoyoto
Tokoyoto
Posted at

Brian Clevinger–the author–has gone from a sprite comic, to living off the money he made from said sprite comic, to writing for his own published comic, to writing for Marvel. That's gotta say something about how good he is.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.