Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

It's Snowing!

Posted at

Take that you crappy fake halloweening bastards! That'll cull your numbers slightly atleast.

Miserable wet gone in a second snow, but snow none the less. Anybody else?

Also, with the official first snow I am allowed to start growing a beard again (girlfriends rules). Hurrah for face fuzz!

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I had snow where I live a couple of weeks ago. It's actually fairly early for snow in Wisconsin, but it happened! It's very cold today.

Is growing a beard at the first snow some sort of rule made by your girlfriend?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

…there's never any snow here. ever…
I'm waiting for some nice warm weather so I can start wearing shorts all day and night.

Posted at

it's just foggy all the time here. Crazy people engulfing fog.

Dynamic
Dynamic
Posted at

yeah… well… I had a naked trick-or-treator with a fake penis the size of a loaf of bread

top that.

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

yeah… well… I had a naked trick-or-treator with a fake penis the size of a loaf of bread

top that.

That was me.

*topped*

:) Just kidding.

We had snow here last week that stuck around for just over a day.
And for those of you who want snow…trust me when I say you don't really want snow unless you don't have to shovel your driveway.
I know of only one person, GLOBALLY who enjoys shoveling his driveway and it happens to be my neighbour. With each snowfall he scraps it down to the pavement and then snowblows the piles he's made with a very loud and almost dying snowblower.

joy.

Posted at

top that.

Well, I went around trick-or-treating all my friends and when they said no and slammed the door in my face, I pissed on their doorstep!

*topped*

Posted at

It doesn't really snow here…as it's Arizona. Near Phoenix. It doesn't get nearly cold enough to. Flagstaff gets snow, but…I don't live up there. ^^;

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

top that.
That was me.
*topped*
I was the fake penis.
*double topped*

I would LOVE to be able to shovel snow from my driveway… That'd be So cool…
um, literally.

Weaselon
Weaselon
Posted at

It doesn't snow here. But it has gotten a little chilly in the mornings now, enough to justify a light jacket or sweater. I should be glad it doesn't though, I have to drive to work now.

*waves to Lorelai* I'm in AZ too. =)

Posted at

its getting cooler here, but it rarely snows down here

Posted at

Take that you crappy fake halloweening bastards! That'll cull your numbers slightly atleast.

Miserable wet gone in a second snow, but snow none the less. Anybody else?

Also, with the official first snow I am allowed to start growing a beard again (girlfriends rules). Hurrah for face fuzz!

OK, but you live in Norway, so I'm not sure that it counts.

Posted at

I fucking HATE snow…… I LOVE hot weather over cold weather anytime!!

Dan
Dan
Posted at

I'd rather freeze to death than burning to death.

No it does not snow here… much. Man, how I long for a blizzard.

Geene76
Geene76
Posted at

heh. It's funny how people in warmer climates actually WANT snow!
Well, STOP WANTING IT! Snow is evil and cursed and…um..COLD! (yeah, that's it) It's more evil than the most evil ever!
Well, I guess it's still better than freezing rain, though.

I still dislike it greatly! Especially when I havta get up an hour early just to shovel out my car. THEN I GET PLOWED IN AGAIN!! Accursed plows!*shakes fist*
Yeah, Winter in my area is kinda rough.

Posted at

heh. It's funny how people in warmer climates actually WANT snow!
Well, STOP WANTING IT! Snow is evil and cursed and…um..COLD!

Im one of those people who grew up in the deep south, so far south that it never snowed except once on a freak day many years ago, but it was gone in an hour.
When I lived in south Eastern Bavaria, Germany, I learned what you've just said..

When the first snow started, I thought "wow, this is exciting!"

I quickly came to my senses..

It really sucks to have to live your normal life in that mess.
At first its like, oh boy Im gonna sleep in !! But you cant because it doesnt go away and you have to walk a mile down a mountain on ice-paved sidewalks to get to your classes while you wear four layers of clothes to stay warm all the while more sun-blocking snow falls leaving you cold, wet, and miserable…

Thank god I live in Florida.
While you're all "enjoying" the snow, Im relaxing in 70 degree weather by my pool.

;-p

Posted at

Well, now,see… I lived in NH almost all of my life up until recently. I miss the snow sometimes, but what I don't miss?ICE. Shoveling. All that stuff.

People who live in snowy wonderlands don't understand why anyone else would want snow. Just like those who live in warmer climates wonder why those who GET snow are so unfond of it. My belief is that I prefer where I am; no snow, and it gets to beautiful temperature this time of year. ^^ It's also dry, so when it gets hot, it's not Death by Humidity. It's all individual, I suppose.

Posted at

It's more evil than the most evil ever!

A LiveJournal post I made this afternoon on the subject of snow:

Reasons I Hate Snow

1. I just buggered up my neck shoveling it off the inch-thick layer of ice that currently covers our sidewalks.

2. Snow clouds are a particularly dreary kind of grey.

3. Snow means my sinuses are either taking a pounding, or about to.

4. It's cold.

5. Every snowflake is unique. And don't they LOVE to rub your face in that…

6. No matter how much you push out of the way, eventually some more is going to fall, rendering your neck-buggering efforts useless. (this is also why I hate cleaning.)

7. I can't afford Christmas.

8. Even if I could afford Christmas, I still wouldn't like it. Historically, Christmas is my most consistently miserable period of the year (largely because I've never been able to afford it). I'm told the suicide rate increasing at Christmas time is actually a myth, but even if it isn't true, it feels like it ought to be true.

9. It's COLD.

10. When it melts, I'm reminded that the house's roof leaks. Which reminds me that I can't afford to repair the roof. Which doesn't exactly endear me to the stuff.

11. Some people think spending time in it can be enjoyable. A much smaller number try to convince me spending time in it is enjoyable. Spending time in it is not enjoyable–it's COLD–but it's only slightly less enjoyable than enduring someone who clearly has no idea who they're talking to try to convince me it is.

12. It's cold. And it makes the house cold. And I don't like being cold.

On the whole, I've always thought bears had the right idea when it came to winter. Except for polar bears, who are the nastiest bear species for two very good reasons: they don't get enough sleep, and they're constantly surrounded by snow. I'd be pissed off if that was my life, too.

A

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Hmm, I was sitting here, 11:14 PM, thinking about how hot it is tonight. :)

(it really is hot, I'm hopping for rain any time soon.)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.