Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*
Posted at

Good evening Anthony; do come in and pull up a chair beside the fire; we're all friends here you know, no need to stand on ceremony. Now what's your tipple old bean? Martini? Old Fashioned? Monkey Gland? Manhattan? Perhaps you prefer something soda based?……….

You've met Amanda already I see: I fear her usual joyous exposition may have been curtailed as a result of my atrocious behaviour the other night. I have no recollection of my reputedly outlandish remarks of course…. on second thoughts, perhaps we'd all better stick to the soda!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Park Bench?

So, can I sit on your siggy? My legs get tried from running away from people that smell like fish, and over sugary drinks.

Posted at

Welcome! Oh you're missing such a wonderful play in a nearby thread! I'm playing Steely Gaze, and my character was recently bumped off by a foul usurper named…oh, but I'd spoil it!

I'm sure we could find a role for you as well. :)

If you need any help with any aspects of the site, we've got two lovely help sub-forums to head over to. They're right at the bottom of the list. Impossible to miss.

Have fun!

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

Posted at

(Renga Studio, not noticing Anthony Mercer standing across the room, busily rebuilds his weather machine.)
Don't drink the Cold Hot Cola, Anthony; you'll die!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

what up Antohny? I know an Anthony and, well, he sucks but I'm sure you will be a wonderful addition to our group of mad people at the Duck… welcome.

Scarf, wasn't it something about ditsy? ditzy? one of those? No? yes? Just trying to help… cause that's what I do.

Renga, still hot here man… get to work!! Cool new icon and no weather machine… doesn't seem right!

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

(Renga Studio, not noticing Anthony Mercer standing across the room, busily rebuilds his weather machine.)
Don't drink the Cold Hot Cola, Anthony; you'll die!

*tosses A large Cold Hot Cola filled balloon on Renga Studio*

Drink the Cold Hot Cola, its good for you.

Posted at

Welcome to the DD Anthony… Be careful what people offer you here you could end up a ghost

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Just say NO to MUSHROOMS. some of them are poisonous you know! And say yes to COLA!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

[quote=Ironscarf's Ghost]I have no recollection of my reputedly outlandish remarks of course[/quote]
I knew it…I knew you'd forget all those sweet things you said, those magical moments we shared… serves me right for getting involved with the supernatural. *sniffle*

Posted at

Wow, I've never seen so many replies so quickly to an introduction thread! Thanks for the welcome!

I was bored in Physics today and scribbled down some comics, so I might redraw them better and post them here.

Posted at

Mercy me, I remember being bored in physics too. Our physics teacher used to stand at the front going blaaaaaahblaaaaaahblaaaaaaaaaaaahblaaaah for about forty minutes, then when you started to nod he'd shout;

"Ironscarf! - as sure as god made little apples, you won't stand a snowball in hells chance of passing this exam!" Never trust a man who deals in mixed metaphors.

I knew it…I knew you'd forget all those sweet things you said, those magical moments we shared… serves me right for getting involved with the supernatural. *sniffle*

Thinks: (Okay, shoulder to the wheel, nose to the grindstone,pedal to the metal; this is one of those Cary Grant type situations. What would Cary say to Katherine Hepburn? Or Clark Gable. Clark Gable would know just what to say. Right, stay calm, take a deep breath, here goes…)

Erm, ahm, it certainly is an, ahm, nice day….ah, precipitation wise, if you, er, prevailing trend, ahm…….

Thinks: (Dammit! shoot for Dean Martin and get Jerry Lewis every single time!)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Wait wait wait, you're an old movie fan? ^.^ You don't need to say anything coherent to me for the rest of your life if you like old movies!

Posted at

Old movies? It's no use Amanda; we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

We'll always have Paris!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

XD Yes!
Story time! So they play old movies during the summer at this great little theater downtown, and I went to see Casablanca there a couple months ago. And I got in huge trouble with the audience because when the plane is taking off into the fog at the end of the movie, I made a really loud explosion noise. ^.^ It just seemed appropriate!
Believe it or not, I do love that movie!

Posted at

Hah! You made it a work in progress!

Hey, we should swap favourites, or maybe that's another thread. What's the cut off point for old movies?

Have you seen 'I know where I'm going'?

Who was this thread supposed to be about?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Anthony!

But oooh, I haven't seen "I Know Where I'm Going" but I'll definitely check it out. I think my favorite is The Shop Around the Corner …but oddly enough, I didn't care for You've Got Mail ^.^

Posted at

I think my favorite is The Shop Around the Corner …but oddly enough, I didn't care for You've Got Mail ^.^

If they we're honest they'd have called it 'You've Got to Not Have Seen The One With James Stewart'! I mean, Tom Hanks is great, but……..!

They'd better not try remaking The African Queen - I'll put all my other haunting activities on hold!

deepcheese
deepcheese
Posted at

Ah, remakes… Never nearly as good as the original.
Seriously, Hollywood needs to come up with new ideas. Ones that DON'T involve CGI talking animals.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Ah, remakes… Never nearly as good as the original.
Seriously, Hollywood needs to come up with new ideas. Ones that DON'T involve CGI talking animals.

I liked my 2d animals very much, thank you.

JESUS CHRIST ITS LION KING GET IN THE CAR

RuseBolton
RuseBolton
Posted at

Welcome to the DD Anthony… Be careful what people offer you here you could end up a ghost

I would just like to point out that only Iron Scarf became a ghost… I am loudly & proudly Zombie material!

… Hello & Welcome to the Duck… BRAINS! BRAINS! *Hobbles off ot find young impresionalble minds to deveour…

Posted at

Welcome to the Duck!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.