Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Less than nothing.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Misery loves company. when's the last time someone treated you less than human? Mine was today when I was told that concerning my children and I, this person felt beyond reproach.

That made me feel lower than low.

Posted at

My old boss always made me feel pretty crappy. He'd always yell and blabber about how I couldn't do anything right, and he was doing me a favor by not firing me. One time he even yelled at me in front of a customer and called me an idiot!

Humerously enough, when I quit…he begged me to stay, and even offered me a 5 dollar raise.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Police always treat you less than human (especially if you are black). You cant even talk to these guys. I wouldnt be surprised if the police go to every school and ask the principal who the bullies are… and then they talk to them about their future career. lol!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I don't really get treated badly by anyone anymore, I've gained some muscle in the last couple of years and I've outgrown the bully age so yeah.
The only person that still makes me feel like crap, or at least tries to, is my mother. Every time she speaks to me it ends up with her summing up all the crap I've done wrong. If something I should have done wasn't finished, or done too late she doesn't just shout about that, she also makes up stuff at the spur of the moment that usually doesn't even make any sense.

My mother is a hatefull bitch.

Dave7
Dave7
Posted at

My younger sister has a tendency to do that to people. She'll be nice to me one moment and then will turn around and start acting like a complete bitch the next with little or no provocation, calling me an idiot, loser, etc., which is really ironic considering some of the poor decisions she's made over the past couple of years.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Coworker last Tuesday telling I'm going to Hell for because I don't share his moralist viewpoint. Friggin' bible thumping stereotype.

Also, every time I log onto an online dating site. Cannot describe how much I despise those things.

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

I work retail. Yeahhhh enough said.

It's not the people I work with, but the customers can get so beyond bratty sometimes. I remember this one conversation with this one woman wanting to buy cushions:

Woman: Do you have any more of these in the back?
Charil: I'm sorry, these have been discontinued, what we have is what's on the floor.
Woman: Well I need six of these.
Charil: I only see two… would you like me to see if we have any in other stores?
Woman: Can they be brought to this store?
Charil: … I-I'm sorry I don't think that's possible…

She then proceeded to end the conversation by throwing the cushion in her hand onto the floor and walking away, glaring at me like I just kicked her out of the store or something. Jesus lady I just said we don't have any cushions wtf. Totally worth acting like a 5-year-old about.

Posted at

Not only have I worked retail, but I worked the overnight shift at a convenience store.

There really isn't a class of people who are more rude than crackheads. You'd think that their station in life would prevent them from mouthing off to anyone about anything, but try to tell them that.

I'm really glad that I no longer have a job where I have to wrestle with filthy people who are trying to shoplift baking soda.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Mc-Druggies… errr… McDonalds.

Worst place I ever worked at.

Customers treat you like crap.

Coworkers treat you like crap.

Managers treat you like crap.

And to top it all…

The "food" (I'm amazed how that crud passes off as food) IS crap.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

People know not to mess with me.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's something I try very hard to avoid doing to other people.

Hasn't really happened to me outside of early on in school. Maybe I'm just really good at avoiding those situations now, I dunno? I'm generally a very friendly, polite person and people respond well to that, but if someone is being a dick, I will either outdick them or just GTFO.
Most of the time when people are dickish it's for some personal reason and there's no need for you to become part of their little melodrama.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

High School. Just high school.

And when the preliminary standard grade exams came about even the toughest kids were nearly driven to tears by the sheer brutality of the system.
We didn't even get a real lunch break. We only had five minutes inbetween exams and that's how long it took to get down to the lunch hall and back up to our respective classes again.
We were all starving and thirsty (This was December, when the school's central heating made it warmer than late May ever could get).
On a positive note, everybody was too busy hot, exhausted and complaining to run past me and beat me over the head with a heavy textbook like what usually happened.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Everytime I post. :(

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

And when the preliminary standard grade exams came about even the toughest kids were nearly driven to tears by the sheer brutality of the system.
We didn't even get a real lunch break. We only had five minutes inbetween exams and that's how long it took to get down to the lunch hall and back up to our respective classes again.
We were all starving and thirsty (This was December, when the school's central heating made it warmer than late May ever could get).
On a positive note, everybody was too busy hot, exhausted and complaining to run past me and beat me over the head with a heavy textbook like what usually happened.
Lunch breaks hah! Who needs them!? Just get me a juice box and I'm ready to go.

And a sensitivity to heat fades when you've gone to the arid wastelands of the hottest country in the world in the middle of the school year for a funeral.

Posted at

A lot of people have picked away at my self worth over the years.I'm one of those people that if you're really dear to me, I'll go out of my way to make you happy. I defend and stand by those I care about constantly, no matter what the cost is. That's why when those who I've helped suddenly turn on me, it makes me wonder how much my care is worth to them.

Needless to say, for someone who's loyal and quick to defend, I'm also very quick to cut all ties when I feel as through I've been used.

I concur!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I love high school.

High school is one of my inspirations for my comics.

High school is what started off my questioning of reality.

:)

lba
lba
Posted at

I don't recall being treated like less than human in recent times, but recently I was told by the Detroit Freepress that they "don't do business with "un-accomplished" illustrators". That just made me mad, because how the hell is a guy supposed to become "accomplished" if people aren't willing to try working with them, but it didn't make me feel like I was scum.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I don't recall being treated like less than human in recent times, but recently I was told by the Detroit Freepress that they "don't do business with "un-accomplished" illustrators". That just made me mad, because how the hell is a guy supposed to become "accomplished" if people aren't willing to try working with them, but it didn't make me feel like I was scum.

start with the local activist group. Most likely, those people would take you as long as you can draw something recognizable.

Its VOLUNTEER tho.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Doubt most people had the horror of being molested in a stairwell at age 12 by an older boy with about 30 witnesses laughing at you, though.

That's what started off my high school bullying… It happened in my first week and everything just went downhill from there.

"Kinda" personal. But, hey! That's what made me feel the most like nothing.

That and when I was punished for fighting back after being stabbed in the ear with a pencil.
The kid that did it to me was even allowed to leave early.
He actually pierced my eardrum. But enough for it to heal on it's own. I didn't find that out until two years after it happened.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

My family is intent on treating me as subhuman every time I deal with them, constantly insulting and ripping on me for being transgendered. Not a pleasant experience, especially when my mother decided to tell me to "Go be a woman. Go be a faggot. Get out of my life". Her exact words upon me coming out to her. Then there was the time my brother threatened to shoot me because "You don't deserve to live, you tranny faggot fuck". Again, exact words.

I'm used to being treated like nothing. Comes with being myself.

Posted at

My family is intent on treating me as subhuman every time I deal with them, constantly insulting and ripping on me for being transgendered. Not a pleasant experience, especially when my mother decided to tell me to "Go be a woman. Go be a faggot. Get out of my life". Her exact words upon me coming out to her. Then there was the time my brother threatened to shoot me because "You don't deserve to live, you tranny faggot fuck". Again, exact words.

My father hates me for not doing "Manly things" he mocks of all my choices and tastes saying that i'm more like a woman than a man (in a pretty pejorative way)

ohh and they've (sisters) threatened me with committing suicide if i turn out to be in the line of those they call: an affront to god

think i understand you at least a little bit.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

yeaaaahhh… I work in a call center so I hardly notice when it happens anymore, its par for the course. Outside of work it hurts when a friend or family member does it, but in the end I just ignore it and keep going. The only time I get chewed up and feel worthless is when I mess something up and find out about it.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

My father hates me for not doing "Manly things" he mocks of all my choices and tastes saying that i'm more like a woman than a man (in a pretty pejorative way)

ohh and they've (sisters) threatened me with committing suicide if i turn out to be in the line of those they call: an affront to god

think i understand you at least a little bit.

Wow, some people are just plain ignorant. I could use many other words…

Never been in that situation but I have some great friends who are gay and other. I may not get involved with every aspect of their social lives because it ain't my scene but hey they are still great people.
My 3 year old daughter did get a bit confused by one of my friends though, he liked it as she kept calling him a princess.

As for my experiences, well done the retail thing, once did a night shift like somone else mentioned and people went out of their way to be rude to me just because I was doing the night shift.
In one case this one of my mates and comes along with a few others who I didn't know, the first one starts being rude and my mate calls him up on it and says I'm a friend. Immediate change, but what the fuck was the point in being a twat to me to begin with?

Or just yesterday I went to the local HSBC to pay some money to my mums account, I arrived at 5 to eleven, by the time I got served it was ten past eleven. The clerks asks me.
"do you bank with HSBC?"
"No"
"then I'm sorry but between 11 am and 2pm I can only serve HSBC customers"
"but I have been here since before eleven"
"There are notices."
"where?"
she points to a tiny notice that had been obscured by other customers
"Thats not very helpful, but anyway I have been waiting to be served since before eleven"
"It is after eleven now. move along now sir. you can pay bills at any bank I suggest you go to your own,"
"I am paying money into someone elses account, an HSBC account, how can I pay that in elsewhere?"
"come back after 2pm"
"I can't this is my only opportunity to do it this week. Why do you not want money paid into your bank? I understand wanting to make things easier for your customers but this is for one of your customers, I am just doing it for them."
"Move along sir or I will call the police"
"excuse me? You will call the police… I suggest you get the manager."
"No"
"Really"
"you are not an HSBC customer so you have no business seeing the manager."
"well I want to open an account"
she glares at me and fetches the manager, who apologises after a bit more debate and takes the payment.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.