Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Posted at

I've been a member at DD for almost a year, and lurked around before that. I've been giving serious thought to making some sure-to-be-awful attempts at comic making, so thought I'd start bumbling around the forums some.

If I can figure out a way to pull it off, I may try to make a comic using Micro-Heroes
(http://jerome.galica.free.fr/), but the static poses we usually use may not lend themselves to it very well. Maybe I'll go sprites, or try to find me an artist who talent exceeds mine….

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Glad you decided to cash in on the forums' awesome-y goodness!
You should work on your own comic - after all, you won't get better without practicing! Plus, it will be fun to see.

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Hi there, hope you have fun in the forums, dont worship crazyninny. You should try out a comic, it'll be fun.

Also, typing on a phone isn't exactly fun….@_@.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Glad you came out of the non poster club. Keep on posting, the more you post the more chances of winning awesomesauce!

Posted at

Welcome! I can see you've been hiding in the shadows for a while now. Well don't worry, come on out and have some fun; we rarely bite.

Also, avoid the cola. Just a word of caution for you.

Posted at

Watch for pit traps, they're bottomless you know.

albone
albone
Posted at

Welcome and good luck in your (possible) new web comic. :)

crifmer
crifmer
Posted at

Using Micro-Heroes would be really cool. I wanted to do a comic with legos originally, but I just don't have the time at the moment.

There are a lot of "figure model" comics out there, and if the writing's good, the posing can get overlooked. And it's like Amanda said, as you do the comic, you'll get ideas on how you can make it better, and you will get better.

I for one think you've got a great idea and should get right on it. We've got too many sprites and not enough "figure model" comics. I just made up that term.. I think they're called photo-comics or something. I'm rambling. I do that at work.

Welcome to the Duck.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Mmgood evenin'!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.