Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Looking for voice actors...

Jelly
Jelly
Posted at

Hallo, tharr! My name is Jelleh, and I'm looking to recreate one of my webcomics as an animated mini-series. ^__^ A friend of mine suggested the forums, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

My comic is Romeo, a Pokemon fancomic. It's about a total brat of a Clefairy who wants to take over the world. x3 Fuuuun stuff.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Romeo/

That there's the link to said comic, and it should be pretty valuable, since I'm using the exact same script in the animated version. Now, this comic is old and going through a massive redraw, so please excuse my horrible art of years past. ^^;

I have never animated anything before, so this is a massive undertaking for me, but that's what gets me amped up about it. Sadly, I can't do much drawing until I get it fully casted and the audio mixed. That's where I need your help.

I'm opening "auditions" (lack of a better word) to the Internet public to get this sucker casted and ready to rock. I already have a few takers, but there's much more to do, so I have to just keep at it. Now the reason I call it "auditioning" is because I can't have like, six Romeos. I would suggest applying for multiple roles if you want better chances of being selected. ^^;

All that junk aside, I don't think there's going to be too much competition anyway, at least at the slow rate that I'm going with this…

So for now, I'm working on casting the first chapter. The characters are as follows…

EDIT: So I decided to open auditions for ALL characters up to this point. I've had lots of interest, but no official auditions yet, so I figured I might as well broaden the playing field.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

–Chapter One Cast–

Patrón: (Clefable) The leader of the Fairy tribe in Mt. Moon; Patrón is a firm leader, but a softie at heart. As Romeo's father, he is often in over his head dealing with his son's headstrong antics.

Played by: Male

—Spot CLOSED—

Twinkle: (Female Clefairy) Twinkle is Patrón's female servant. She's Star's sister, and out of the two, she's a little more timid. She's very sweet and quiet, but sometimes, too much so.

Played by: Female

Applied: BaldDumboRat, ninjies

Star: (Male Clefairy) Star is Patrón's male servant. He's a little more gutsy than his shy sister, but not by much. Out of the two, he usually leads the way.

Played by: Female/Male

Applied: Amjam

Romeo: (Clefairy) Romeo, the title character, is the naughty Clefairy protagonist. As Patrón's son, he is technically the prince of the Fairy tribe. However, he is unsatisfied with his life in a cave, and jumps at any opportunity for adventure or chaos. Despite his tenacious nature, he is actually at a pretty low level.

Applied: Amjam, BaldDumboRat

Rude: (Sandshrew) Rude is Romeo's best friend, and an inhabitant of the Shrew tribe. He's Romeo's opposite; Shy, and very cowardly. He has a good heart and the best of intentions, but he'd rather hide than fight. Raised underground, he grew up under a very overprotective mother who does not approve of him consorting with their rival tribe. Despite this, he remains a loyal friend to Romeo, who often takes advantage of him.

Played by: Male // Reserved

Fred: (Good Rocket) Fred is better known as 'the flashlight Rocket', as the Rockets are really hard to differentiate in the first chapter. He is the one with the lighter hair and nicer disposition. He only has one Pokemon; Rio, the Raticate.

Applied by: Hunterkirizaki

Ted: (Bad Rocket) Ted is the black-haired, smoker Rocket. He is much more emotionally charged than his partner. His Pokemon are Roxy, the Houndour, and Lucky, the Ekans.

Applied by: Hunterkirizaki, AlexAwesome

Roxy: (Houndour) Roxy is Ted's loyal partner. She is typically nasty and sadistic, but has a fleeting caring side. She is very easily disgusted, especially with humans. However, she is very devoted to her trainer, and will do anything to please him.

Applied: RoseyBudmk, ninjies

Lucky: (Ekans) Lucky was Ted's first Pokemon. As a result, they share a very close, yet, aloof bond. He is much more wise and rational than Roxy, his partner. He is just as violent, however, and can't resist striking when he gets the chance.

Rio: (Raticate) The fluffiest member of Team Rocket there ever was. x3 Rio is Fred's Pokemon, and like his trainer, he's less impulsive, and more laid back.

Applied: Amjam

Miss Terra: (Momma Sandslash) Terra is Rude's mother, and Patrón's counterpart. She leads the Shrew tribe, and has a personal grudge against the Fairies. She is very uppity and bossy, especially when it comes to protecting her son. She is considered one of the top predators of Mt. Moon, so most know not to mess with her.

Mew: A mischievous Pokemon who's motives are unclear. He knows Patrón personally, but does not consort with the rest of the tribe. Though he puts on a sweet face, it seems that all he wants to do is meddle.

—Spot CLOSED—

–Chapter Two Cast–

Puddles: (Lass) The female protagonist, 'Puddles' is only a nickname she gave herself. Her real name is Tanya Yates. She is the trainer who catches Romeo by fluke. Very ditzy and excitable, Puddles adores cute things, whereas, most cute things HATE her. However, she doesn't seem to mind. Ignorance is bliss.

Lily: (Jigglypuff) Lily is one of Puddles' Pokemon. She, like her trainer, is very in touch with her feminine side. Though girly, she's actually very tough for her size and level. To Romeo, she's a stone cold fox, but sadly, she's uninterested in his advances. She is typically his voice of reason.

Buster: (Bulbasaur) Buster is another one of Puddles' tormented Pokemon. He is of a bit lower level than Lily, and prefers not to solve things with violence. Though typically peaceful, he tends to be a little stuck up, and his mouth sometimes gets him into the wrong situations.

Kern: (Pokemon Breeder) A young, but fairly experienced Pokemon Breeder, Kern lives on Route 2 between Pewter City and Veridian Forest. He has the ability to understand Pokemon speech. Whether this is a blessing or a curse, he doesn't yet know. He is lazy and a bit aloof, so sometimes he finds Pokemon to be more annoying than anything.

Applied by: Hunterkirizaki

–Chapter Three Cast–

Faye: (Female Clefable) Faye is Romeo's mother, and Patrón's wife. Like Terra, she too, is very overprotective. She is also somewhat bi-polar, so her mood changes quickly and unexpectedly. She is typically very sweet and nurturing but can also be very nagging and bossy. She is the only one in Mt. Moon who Patrón has to answer to.

Jade: (White Clefairy) Jade is an oddly colored Clafiary. He is snow-white with green eyes. He is Romeo's younger brother, and he just evolved from a Cleffa. He is second in line to ruling the Fairy tribe, (behind Romeo) but he doesn't wish to have anything to do with being a leader. He is very shy and very quiet, but has a very close bond with his mother, Faye.

Chase: (Raichu) Chase is Kern's first Pokemon, a Raichu who was abandoned in Veridian Forest. The two are inseparable, and do almost everything together. Like Kern, he has the tendency to overindulge in just about anything he does. He is happy-go-lucky, but sometimes a bit on the sarcastic side. He originally dwells from Fuschia's beach house and often talks like a surfer.

Toby: (Nidorino) Toby is one of Kern's more reserved Pokemon. He is a jolly beast, and a hopeless romantic, but he tends to be a little less bouncy than Kern and Chase. He is very lazy and loves nothing more than to sunbathe in the backyard.

Sheila: (Shiny Charizard) Kern's third Pokemon, and obviously, most powerful. Sheila is a black Charizard. LITERALLY. She walks like a nigga, talks like a nigga, and you'd better believe she COOKS like a nigga. Out of his party, she is the momma. She has a very mothering nature, but she is also very good at hiding it with sarcasm and spunk.

Please speak up if you're interested. This is a big project for me, so I really appreciate any and all support. ^__^ Just let me know which character(s) you're interested in, and I'll send you some lines to read off for me. You may contact me through email, IM, PM, or simply by posting here, depending on how shy you are. x3 Thank you for your time, everyone! ^__^

hushicho
hushicho
Posted at

I was actually kind of interested in this project until I noticed that it's from over a decade ago and the poster above me is probably a spammer. Bah!

Addendum: the spammer has been taken care of…now we just need more projects like this!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.