Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Ive known my best friend Chris for 8 years, since we were both 10 years old.

it was one of those friendships where you do everything together. like having your first alcoholic drink together, to tattoos, sleeping out in the park. He was the one who edged me to go into tattooing you see.
even when chris went out to live in America for two years with his dad, the friendship remained close and i even flew out to meet him a few times.

when he returned, last week, he told me that he couldnt be imagine his life without me and got down on one knee in the middle of birmingham airport and proposed….i said yes.

so i just wondered if anyone else fell in love with there old friends, or what is your most romantic moment.

im in a soppy mood…it doesnt happen often.
=3

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Curse this bitter irony!

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Ive known my best friend Chris for 8 years, since we were both 10 years old.

it was one of those friendships where you do everything together. like having your first alcoholic drink together, to tattoos, sleeping out in the park.
even when chris went out to live in America for two years with his dad, the friendship remained close and i even flew out to meet him a few times.

when he returned, last week, he told me that he couldnt be imagine his life without me and got down on one knee in the middle of birmingham airport and proposed….i said yes.

so i just wondered if anyone else fell in love with there old friends, or what is your most romantic moment.

im in a soppy mood…it doesnt happen often.
=3

I am not spamming here but the story of how I proposed to my wife is a good one.
I made a comic about it.
My wife won a diamond ring for the story.
I am not rich and wanted to make a memory for her.
With a bit of creativity and friends any one can be romatic if they are so inspired.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

My wife and I started out as very good friends, then she proposed to me 3 days before Christmas in 1992, we were engaged 2 and a half years and we've been married for 12 years. Great friendships can make for great relationships.

Keep a sense of reality: you'll have ups and downs, they'll have ups and downs, you won't always agree…but if you know them for who they really are (even at their most difficult times), and you love them anyway, you can have a wonderful marriage.

My wife has been my best friend for 15 years now. :)

marine
marine
Posted at

Well my friend that I had a relationship like that, things got wierd for her, and she decided to go do something else for awhile. Then she showed up late last year, so I had to leave the girl I was with for like eight months to be with her. I really loved her, but things didn't work out. It wasn't like a week, week and a half of her being around that things went sour. I blame myself for it. Really put a downer on the worst holiday ever (Christmas) and made it just even more of a bummer.

Todays cartoon features a cartoon cat being pooped on by the way.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

that's such a sweet story ;_; I just got dumped, so…i…i don't know. but that's so sweet, i wish you the best…

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

that's such a sweet story ;_; I just got dumped, so…i…i don't know. but that's so sweet, i wish you the best…

Sorry to hear that Suz. :(

You'll be fine, I'm sure.

That guy has more balls than me! I can't even bring myself to ask out the girl I'm too good friends with…curse my devilish charm. lol!

dgriff13
dgriff13
Posted at

The funny thing is that I always thought I'd end up with one of my best friends, as I'm such a tomboy I usually have more guy friends than girl friends. In reality, none of my guy friends were ever interested in me, and I ended up meeting a guy online. We only managed to stay platonic "friends" for like 2 days, heh. It never happens the way you think it will. Ah well.

Cute story tho, I wish you the best of luck!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What what what??? That guy with the finger moustache? o_O Bummer…

Ewww,,, friends are better as friends. *~*

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Ewww,,, friends are better as friends. *~*

Not when your friend is stupidly hot. lol!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Not when your friend is stupidly hot. lol!
Yes it is. :P

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

I actually knew my current bf (Mark) in high school. We were in Track and Choir together. The funny thing is…we NEVER TALKED EVER in high school.

I was a nerdy goody goody and he was a goofy, semi-popular class clown with a ton of cool friends. I figured he was out of my league and I knew so many girls that liked him that me dating him never crossed my mind. In fact I never dated ANYONE in high school, i guess I was too shy.

But the funny thing is was that some of his really good friends were friends with some of my best friends. So we ended up at some of the same gatherings but never talked.

So we graduated and he went one way and I went to college.

Three years later…

I went home for the summer and my friend brings me to Mark's house because he was hosting poker nights at his place every weekend. I was really into Texas hold em them so I went. Then me and that fool finally talked, and he asked me out on a date to Festival Del Mar, and we have been together since (10 months).

The funny things is I found out he is a big nerd like me. And that he didn't date girls in high school either cuz he was too shy. And he even noticed me in high school but thought I was too pretty to like him.

We both thought we were out of each other's league and now here we are.

Which goes to show you two things:

1) it's ok if you never have a date in high school, cuz post graduation is when you pretty much meet the meaningful ones anyway

2) don't be shy to say hi or ask someone out. You never know, they could be interested in you too. Don't hold yourself back :).

Posted at

aww suzi im sorry… stay strong chick :)

Posted at

I know its not exactly a long time, but my girlfriend now, we have been friends for 7 years, and we where the 'Will they? Won't they?' people in high school. we have both been in college for two years and then we started seeing more and more of each other, it just happened one time we where out. I'm really pleased to say that the past two months have been the best two months of my life.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

I am not spamming here but the story of how I proposed to my wife is a good one.
I made a comic about it.

This is also good for the break ups and divorces too.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

I made a comic about it.

This is also good for the break ups and divorces too.

I know it won't come to that.

I was reading through the responses here and a lot of you are dating or have been burned quite of bit. If advice can be given…worry about yourself, your dreams, your future, your life first.

I know this will sound cheezy, so bear with me, imagine your life as a marathon… you want to win or reach your goal(s)… you will pass a number of people on the way…people who will keep up with you for a while and those who will not…the one who is able to keep up with you for the long haul…then your golden, pony boy!

The crazy thing is all people have problems and baggage. Some have a carryon while others have a U-Haul and they are looking for a driver! Deal with your baggage first so you can be free to reach your goal(s)!

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

'Will they? Won't they?'

Heh, I know the feeling mate.

bongotezz
bongotezz
Posted at

i fell in love with a friend. it didn't work out so well.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

no, not him. kit. finger moustache guy (alex) and i broke up amicably a while ago.

meh.

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

I know it won't come to that.

I was reading through the responses here and a lot of you are dating or have been burned quite of bit. If advice can be given…worry about yourself, your dreams, your future, your life first.

I know this will sound cheezy, so bear with me, imagine your life as a marathon… you want to win or reach your goal(s)… you will pass a number of people on the way…people who will keep up with you for a while and those who will not…the one who is able to keep up with you for the long haul…then your golden, pony boy!

The crazy thing is all people have problems and baggage. Some have a carryon while others have a U-Haul and they are looking for a driver! Deal with your baggage first so you can be free to reach your goal(s)!

This is good advice! I have tried to get my daughter to see this…but she is too caught up in the 'romance bug' and puts everything in her life on hold everytime she meets a new guy…blarck!!!
As for me, three failed marraiges…and most of them were because of the baggage trains each of us carried. I myself had to endure a nervous breakdown (relationship unrelated) to literally lose everything…including my useless baggage (which somehow didn't 'seem' useless until it was actually gone) and then, when I had totally given up on the whole love thing (I mean, what woman in her right mind would want a forty-something, three time loser with nothing to his name but a camper for his home, a dog for his friend and a job as a glorified janitor!!!) I meet my current wife. Of course, due to the fact that she has schizophrenia, I guess most folks would say she is NOT in her 'right' mind… but oddly, she has been perfect. She left her multi-millionaire husband for just the chance to date me (I won't go out with married girls…ever…) and we have not looked back. Five years now, and I am consumed with love and friendship. We fit so well and we do most everything together.
But the fact is, I would never have met of given Karen a chance, had I still been carrying around my baggage. Five good years and my life is back on track. I have a lovely home, nice vehicles, a great job, respect, and love. The right one can make all the difference…

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

Ah… friendship turned romance can become complicated sometimes. Or at least I think so (being burnt out on the idea of experiencing romance for myself doesn't help). :)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Eh. I lost touch with everyone I knew in high school. My best friends were all guys but they have changed. They are different people now, and so am I. I doubt we'd have much of a friendship now, let alone anything else. I'm kinda glad I didn't try any of that relationship stuff back then. I like the person I am, and I'm glad I didn't get sucked into the boyfriend nonsense. High school was complicated and stressful enough.

I haven't made any close male friends since high school (some male acquaintances, most married, a couple gay). I had a few crushes, but no dates and no boyfriends (um, ever) because timidness is my curse.

It's hard to make friends as an adult… :(

Posted at

Most of my friends are boys and im a boy so i dont really need to worry bout falling in love with them

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.