Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Man, some of us have been a little down on the duck recently, for good reason.
BUT, I just can't help but think of the stuff I love about this place :)

It's a fantastic community with so many great people that've been here ages and ages, and NEW great ones joining all the time! Still. Even now!

On your comic, people come and leave friendly, matey, neighbourly comments, and it's so great to get them. I always look forward to posting a new comic page to see what people will say about it.

In the forums more often than not your post won't be ignored, you can just start posting away and people take you in (not always though…). There are different areas for a whole range of specific interests, where you can share your thoughts with others. And if you have a problem, usually someone always steps forward to lend a hand. Plus, because of the way things are run here, you don't have much meanness or spite in comic comment areas or the forums… There's always a little, but it's at such a low level that you don't notice it normally.

Heh, regardless of what bugs you, or what doesn't work as it should, this site and community has been going for a good few years now and it's still as vibrant and active a place as it ever was.

-Most of all I think that's not down to the site itself so much, but to the people who're attracted here and to the ones that stick around. It's an old and sickening cliche, but it's actually you guys that are Drunk Duck and make the place what it is.

I think we forget that sometimes.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Whoops… I forgot other great attendant things like the Gigcast that's been with us for so long ^^ That thing is just amazing and so are MadScoctt, JT, and contributors like Spang and BK :)

Then there are the Chatroom guys. Randal, APC and the rest. They've always been a little grumpy, that's just been their thing, but they've also always been around DD and stayed together as a little outsources DD community.

I know the spriters get together and make all sorts of alliances and communities that shift and change, but all part of DD. And lots of other DD groups as well. The networking and community forum is full of that sort of thing. ^__^

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

I agree. The Duck is still the best place to put your webcomics. The community is closer than any on the web. Even with the current problems, its still much easier to load your comic pages here than in many of the other webcomic host sites.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heeeeey… I remember him.
Welcome back man! :)

-Don't listen to any of the rumours I spread about you.
I mean, it wasn't me that spread them.
I swear.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I personally love the Duck becuase no matter what, it always has a real 'community' feeling to it. It dosen't take long to get to know people here, even if you don't talk to them.
Unlike other groups I belong to, I tend to not know anyone, and feel more like a number with them.
So it dosen't matter if DD has so problems, as long as I get the same great survice, and peanut butter cookies, I'll still love DD above all other sites. ^_^

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Forget about Drunk Duck! Let's all go to Gaia online!

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Forget about Drunk Duck! Let's all go to Gaia online!
Shut up, faggot.

Since I don't work or go to school, DD has been kind of like a social gateway for me. Also, I'm slightly shy and socially inept, so this site has really helped me talk to other people.

Also, I've been able to speak to people from all over the world, which is something I wouldn't ordinarilly be able to do. And I can do it every day. :)

I still need to get my comic up, though. Then I think I'll appreciate DD even more.

marine
marine
Posted at

Did something bad happen while I was away? I leave you guys alone for five months and you all start crying your eyes out.

Posted at

People are whining about the new site design and bugs and shit.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I came after the new site design, and I love it here. The community just seems really nice and everything even if there are a few little bugs.

Posted at

Ozone looks pretty good in a cheerleader skirt!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Since I don't work or go to school, GAIA has been kind of like a social gateway for me. Also, I'm slightly shy and socially inept, so gaia online has really helped me talk to other people.

Also, I've been able to speak to people from all over the world, which is something I wouldn't ordinarilly be able to do. And I can do it every day. :)

I still need to get my avatar up, though. Then I think I'll appreciate Gaia even more.

lol!

Yeah i was on gaia my pre-teen years.
Y-aaaaaaaaah….DD is great :)

Oh and if Smackjeeves saw this thread they'd probly rage.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Did something bad happen while I was away? I leave you guys alone for five months and you all start crying your eyes out.

Hey brutha!
welcome back!
glad to see you! :)
How was your business trip to Bangkok?

Posted at

this is more like the welcome back marine thread…
da duck is where people know your name because of yer comic

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah! DD Is like Cheers! :)

It shows off my sexy legs nicely ^_^

Posted at

Yeah! DD Is like Cheers!

Ooh! Ooooh! Can I be Frasier?

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

Yeah! DD Is like Cheers!

Ooh! Ooooh! Can I be Frasier?
I wanna be Niles!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sure ^^

Volte is Sam. He sold the Bar… Remember?
I'd Can be Woody. ^_^

Kyupol is definitely Cliff.

Quickly, pick your roles!

Posted at

Best community I have ever been involved with. That is easily the greatest part of DD.

Here I have been able to do what I was never really able to do alone. Actually make decent comics that improve over time. The commenters and people that give me feedback are so addicting!

Not to mention getting to know and work with so many other artists. I've pretty much been alone my whole life as far as drawing and comic making goes. This place gave me friends and mentors of all sorts of variety!

And the coolest thing DD ever did for me was when they allowed me to be a part of Wizard World Texas with them. That was like a dream and I can never be thankful enough.

Anytime I say something about the bugs or any "negative" DD situations it is only because I do not want it to die.

I frikin love this place. I could go on and on about how much I really enjoy DD. But now I am getting too distracted thinking about Ozone's smexy legs! <— No other site has sexy Ozone legs either!

Posted at

Well let's see here…
I joined late last year, because I actually used to make a comic with my still main character *Ryu*, but it was a comic drawn on lined paper, inked with very fine sharpie, and colored in colored pencil…

But I didn't become pretty active until around February of this year. Despite how many changes I have made to the comic since then, I've finally kept it (4-29-08 baby!)

And since then, I have experienced nothing but PURE awesome.

The members are exceptionally nice.
The comics are great.

And funny thing is, I fit in more with you guys and gals here than my own friends in real life!

Probably because we're all comic drawing enthusiasts.

Am I right?

Sure my comic hasn't really taken off yet, but I still have high hopes, considering it just began, and the color is coming soon! Which hopefully will make the pages a TON better.

Anyway. The Duck will always remain one of my hosting sites.

No matter how famous I get.

Because I just love it.
*And I host on deviantArt, but nobody really goes there*

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Norm!

Um, I'd like to be someone cool, but I'm probably … Paul.

(Honestly, you guys are always so nice. I'm not used to that. I spent the first three or four months thinking everyone was being sarcastic or something.)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Sure ^^

Volte is Sam. He sold the Bar… Remember?
I'd Can be Woody. ^_^

Kyupol is definitely Cliff.

Quickly, pick your roles!
I'm the wooden Indian.

… But who's this "marine" guy everyone is talking about? Doesn't ring a bell.

(Honestly, you guys are always so nice. I'm not used to that. I spent the first three or four months thinking everyone was being sarcastic or something.)
Noooo. We're NEVER sarcaaaaaastic…. :P

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Who doesn't?

Also, I lurve DD. Best interwebz evah.

The people are great.
I love that it has a sense of mild humor about itself that is not like one of a 12 year old.
Design, REALLY isn't that bad.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.