Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hi there everybody, I am the the2ndredbaron and I will be hosting the new round of Mafia, so please post here if you would like to play, as always the first twenty come the first twenty served. Also if enough people sign up then I will have two alternates, these people will take the place of people in the game if they are participating.

A couple of things to note. My time is CMT in the USA right now it is 4:30, day actions will be ONE Day 24 hours, and night will be One day to. Unless you guys really want it to be two days, day, one day, night. Also if you wish that voting be private please say so when you sign up. Please do not debate it. Debates of that issue can be held in the Discussion thread.

Somethings are staying the same, somethings are changing.

Town Roles

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 2, ability to declare double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his Aid is alive. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people. The mayor can not call off a lynch, there will be a lynch everyday. Mayor also gets two night lives.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day.

Mayor's Aid.
One Random towny will receive the role of the Aid once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The Aid cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. The Aid will be assign to the Mayor after the voting.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill a person of your choice during the night phase. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret. If your hit ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved, but I will let the Paramedic and the person saved know if they were targeted and saved.

Paranoid
You understand that the world is a scary place. That the people around you can not be trusted. You have placed recording devices around the town and have the ability to listen into conversations. Every morning you will receive snippets of pms giving you more clues. You can either use these in two ways. You can inform the town of what you have learn, this will be a random act, such as graffiti on the walls, or you can use the information you have learned by giving yourself an extra night life. Two nights worth of information will give you one extra life. But it is either one or the other. If you risk yourself by giving the town clues eventually the mob will catch on. And they will receive clues about you.

Police Captain
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what role a specific person has. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You get to do stuff! YEA!! Without the game wouldn't work!

Random
There are two random roles. One for each side. However in order for them to be activated the Mayor or Godfather must give up one of their lives.

Mob Roles

The Godfather aka The Don aka Brando
The Godfather has the three special abilities
1. Godfather Being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. This will scare people and if they have a special role, that does not relate to protecting themselves, they will not be able to do it for one day. Cannot be used on the same person two nights in a row.
2. Don The Don power grants the Godfather two night lives. As well as the fact that he can't die intil his Goon dies first.
3. Brando The Brando ability gives the Godfather the ability to Cancel a lynch.
Also the Godfather can cancel one of the mobs kills and use it himself, but cannot kill himself.

The Goon
A mafia member that takes a hit for the Godfather.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle. However the Godfather can take one of your kills if he wishes, and he can out you!

Other Roles
Rival Member
One member of the game will be a Rival to the Mob. He is like a townie but has the ability to kill once every three nights. He wins by being the in the final three.

Zombie.
Has the ability to bite zomeone once per night. After three dayz if you have been bitten you die, unlezz the Zombie dies. However thiz izn't any zombie, he knowz how to hide in the zhadowz. He iz a zmart zombie. Wins by killing everyone.

So here is a break down of the roles.
Town
Mayor 1 person
Pardoner 1 person
Mayor's Aid 1 person
Vigilante 1 Person
Paramedic 1 Person
Paranoid 1 Person
Police Captain 1 Person
Townie 8 people (Although one will be the Mayor's Aid. And two will be the random roles, and two will become "other roles")

Mob
Godfather 1 person
Goon 1 person
Mad Bomber 1 person
Mafia 2 people

Well I think that covers everything. If anybody sees any problems or has any questions please let me know! Or if anyone sees any mistakes please let me know to!

So please Sign up!
1. Crocty
2. Kitty17
3. Gullas
4. Hakoshen
5. Ozoneocean
6. Dukat
7. Waff
8. CoolGuy
10. Skullbie
11. Harkovast
12. Aghammer
13. Ochitsukanai
14. Odysseus55
15. productplacement
16. mooglessaykupo
17. Leader Of Stars
18. FlapJack
19. Humor Man
20. Niccea

As Always thanks for stopping by!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I'm not so sure about the random role with the mayor thingy…
And the rival is a bit confusing. He's like a serial killer or something? :o

Sign me up, anyway. =w=

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Well,what the heck. Sign me up. :D

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Works for me. Most likely, if Skool sees you making sign ups, she will plug it in the news post.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Oh, you know I'm in.

waff
waff
Posted at

I'm in.

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

I want in….again. Maybe I'll read the rules this time.

Posted at

If i could get an admin to fix the title of this thread, to sign ups, I would send you cookies!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I want in….again. Maybe I'll read the rules this time.
/)_- There's no point playing if you don't know the rules.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Hmmm, the last game turned into an advanced lesson in how a surprising number of people dont like me.
Still, I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm in again.

Dukat
Dukat
Posted at

Hmmm, the last game turned into an advanced lesson in how a surprising number of people dont like me.
Still, I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm in again.

I'll say this, I don't hate you personally Hark, just the Gestapo tatics you were using. Although the defeatism and self-loathing are getting a bit annoying.

Posted at

Stop that both of you. Dukat and Hark, leave that in the last game. This is a new game no complaining.

Posted at

I… probably SHOULDN'T sign up, since last time I had enough trouble as it is participating in a timely manner even with 48 hour days… but what the heck, count me in!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Dukat, defeatism? We are fighting the death on the other forum! And considering how badly things are going right now, I think our last stand is positively heroic!

Posted at

Dukat, defeatism? We are fighting the death on the other forum! And considering how badly things are going right now, I think our last stand is positively heroic!
Hark stop it. Keep the last game talk in the last game. This is a whole new game.

Posted at

I'll play! But it'll be a cold day in hell before I run for mayor again XD

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.