Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
same
same
Posted at

Well now that thats over its time to vote for the next game.

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:Gertrude veribles.

"Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm."

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.

same
same
Posted at

Sample narrations

Jninjashadow:

Sample Narration:
Same walked the foggy streets with confidence. He was done being a GM, and damn proud of it. As he strutted his way to the bar he couldn't help feeling like he was being shadowed. He turned around and saw nothing.
"Ok, let me guess, I'm going to turn around AGAIN and now there is something behind me."
He was right. Same turned and found himself face-to-skull to a Cartoonish Skeliton.
"you aren't that scary" Same laughed.
The skeleton proceeded to pull out a record player and play "Friday" by Rebecca Black.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You offensive monster!" Same ran home leaving a trail of shame and urine.
[spoiler]Same the townie was scared stupid[/spoiler]

Clues:
Being shadowed: JninjaSHADOW

Offensive monster: My signature

Posted at

I got an idea, will post after I'm done this project, so… like four hours from now

Posted at

An extreme make over of rules of mafia.

Mafia XLII: Number Wars!

There is no good or bad side! It is everyone vs. everyone. Build your own alliances. Betray your own alliances! It's all good.

The game will be broken up into night and day cycles. Lynch and Actions. But in this game everyone has the ability to kill!

Everyone will be given a random number. The possible numbers go from 1-(How many players). After each cycle the numbers will change with each number getting +1. The highest number will change to the lowest. At night you can target a player to kill. If you have a higher number you kill the person. If you have a lower nothing happens. A special rule: the lowest number can kill the Highest number. Clues will be given to both the identity of the potential killer and victim.

You can form alliances by each member of the alliance pqing me telling me each player in the alliance. If I do not get a pq from each player of the alliance the alliance is invalid. The max members in one alliance is 3. You can be in any amount of alliances.

I will give each number a "power". This "power" will not be made public by me. These "powers" will not be know to the public.

Example powers: Extra life, Medic, Uncovering a players number, etc. Many of these powers will be from roles of previous games.

Game ends when:
Only one player is left standing
An alliance makes it to the end and agrees to have a joint victory

There is no elected roles. This game would start on the night cycle.

Narrative to come later.

Posted at

Mafia 42… or 44 GM election thread.
This is funny because we're technically deciding on the 43rd game.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Use 44, save 42 for when someone starts up that hitchhikers guide game.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'm too lazy. Just make it 44. There is no 42, there is no Answer, and there is no Ms. Zarves.

;_;

why?
why is there no answer?

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'll finish those books someday. Someday…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Wasn't Salsa or someone gonna run that one last time? At least iirc PP made the rules for that one… right?!?

I'll finish those books someday. Someday…

*grumblemubmle*me too *mumblegrumble*

Posted at

So its been about a year since that Zombie game I ran, so I feel like doing it again
MAFIA 42 or maybe 44 I think: THE RE-ZOMBIEING!!
This time with a more references

Rules: Infection style. Starts with a low number of Zombies, but like in any movie, that number will increase.

Roles:
Mayor: The leader during this crisis
Cause I said so!: Vote counts as two in a lynch
Meatsheilds: No harm comes to him while he has his body guards
Your TOO clamy!: within one hour of his inauguration, he may instalynch one player

Pardoner: Check and balance of the mayor
I think NOT: Pardoner can cancel two lynches per game
Meatsheilds: See mayor.

Townies:
Bodyguards: The last line of defence
Meatsheilds: While the bodyguards live, the mayor and pardoner cannot be targeted by night kills
Duty first: A bodyguard will kill themselves before becoming a zombie. Infection counts as a kill.

Paranormal Expert: You know that crazy guy who NEEDS thick framed glasses and has acne the size of small villages? Him.
I know what I saw, MAN: Once per night phase he can investigate fellow player and learn if they are a pro or anti townie
EEEEEEEEEVIL!: You can ask a yes or no question about a murder (ie was it Mr. X who did it?) once per night phase, and once per game you may check the results of an election and see which side voted for who. Can't be used the same night as "I know what I saw, MAN"

Paranoid: Crazier that a sack of peanut butter… at half as hygienic to be near.
@*%&$^@!!: The first person to target the Paranoid a night, is instead killed, including friendlies. The paranoid is not away they are tin-foil-pants on head insane however.

Medic: You know, a doctor
Healing Touch: You can protect another player at night. That player is safe from the first hostile attacking him. This stacks with the other medic.
That's… not right: If you protect a special zombie, you'll know. The Player will be revealed, and you will cease protecting him (but do to the shock, you cannot protect another player that night).

Bruce Campbell: If zombie killing was an Olympic sport, this man would kill the judges too.
Groovy: You may kill another player once a night phase. If you kill a zombie, you get to target two players the next night phase.
The Directer's cut: If there is only one other zombie active, you may kill the Holder of the Necronomnomnomicon.

Vigilante: I AM NOT THE GODDAMMED BATMAN!
JUSTICE!: You may target another player to kill once per night.

Damsel in Distress: Man she's fast in heels.
RUN AWAY!: You have two night lives, as your unnatural heel running surprises even the dead.

Zombies:
Holder of the Necronomnomnomicon: The jack ass who started this mess
RISE: Once every other turn, you may revive a player as a Zombie. If the player had a role, they become a special zombie.
PROMOTIONS: Once every other night, if a zombie infected someone, they can be upgraded to a special zombie of your choice (ie if Zombie A bites player B, zombie A is upgraded) this cannot be done if RISE was done the night before, or the same night. Vise Versa for RISE.
EERIE POWERS!: So long as at least ONE zombie is alive, the Holder of the Necronomnomnomicon cannot be killed.
HOT POTATO!: You may give the Necronomnomnomicon to another Zombie. You become a Regular Zombie, and they become the new Holder.
Girly Necromancer Fists: You are NOT a kill role. Or an infect role.

Zombie: BRAINS
Bite: Once per night you can bite a player. They become a zombie.

SPECIAL ZOMBIES: (Only makable by the Holder)
All have the Bite ability
The Witch: Don't startle her.
Startled: If the witch is targeted, she kills her predator as well. Note, if it was a kill, SHE DIES TOO.

The Tank: A fat sack of Zombieitous
It's bullet proof: This zombie has two night lives.

The Licker: Not as sexy as it sounds
Tongue play: It can by pass one guard for it's bite action. EX a player has one medic on them, that player is still bitten. NOTE: Bodyguards count as two each for this power

Cartoonish Skeleton: OGA BOOGA BOOGA
Dem Bones: Instead of biting, the Cartoonish Skeleton can opt to scare a player, leaving them inactive for the next vote/ night action. This ability DOES bypass any/ all protection EXCLUDING react kills.

The Serial Murderer:
Serial Murderer: Only wimps let Zombies stop a good stabbing
STAB: Once per night, you may kill one other player.
STAY DEAD: You may react kill the first zombie that targets you.

Role count:
2 bodyguards
1 paranormal
1 paranoid
2 medics
1 Bruce Campbell
1 vigilante
x townies

1 holder
x(starting with 1-2) zombies

1 serial meurderer

Sample Narration:
Same walked the foggy streets with confidence. He was done being a GM, and damn proud of it. As he strutted his way to the bar he couldn't help feeling like he was being shadowed. He turned around and saw nothing.
"Ok, let me guess, I'm going to turn around AGAIN and now there is something behind me."
He was right. Same turned and found himself face-to-skull to a Cartoonish Skeliton.
"you aren't that scary" Same laughed.
The skeleton proceeded to pull out a record player and play "Friday" by Rebecca Black.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You offensive monster!" Same ran home leaving a trail of shame and urine.
[spoiler]Same the townie was scared stupid[/spoiler]

Clues:
Being shadowed: JninjaSHADOW

Offensive monster: My signature

Plan narrations for 2am GMT.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I might run. if this computer agrees with me for more than a day.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I won. Invisible mafia it is.

I won again.

Posted at

I won. Invisible mafia it is.

I won again.

And there was much rejoicing

Posted at

Time to vote.
Have I lost/won yet?

You've got a vote but so far not many have voted.
Winner will be revealed in 23 hours.
Really? And it isn't the one considered from myself? Woot! I'm already doing 10 times better than I thought I would…yep ten times better :D

same
same
Posted at

Time to vote.
Have I lost/won yet?

You've got a vote but so far not many have voted.
Winner will be revealed in 23 hours.
Really? And it isn't the one considered from myself? Woot! I'm already doing 10 times better than I thought I would…yep ten times better :D

I did not know the previous GM could vote.
Even if I can im not gonna anyway.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.