Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Mafia 8- The Battle for Hark's Soul! Official game thread of kick butt awesomeness!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Welcome to Mafia 8- The Battle for Hark's Soul!

Right then. The rules.

(if you don’t understand how the game works after reading this, don’t worry! The easiest way to learn to play it is just to give it a go. I started out not understanding anything, and now I’m running the freakin game!)

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players. Once aspects of Hark’s personality have been removed, they don’t exist anymore, so they need to keep quiet!

3. All PQ's that I send you should be considered private. Do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Townston has a 48 hour day cycle. Day takes 24 hours to transpire and so does the night. At the end of each night I will post a narrative that includes clues for every kill that was made. All cycles end at 6PM CDT or Midnight GMT.

5. Actions are resolved on a chronological basis, but where the list starts is random. This is to discourage people from instantly sending in hits as soon as I get out the narrative. It is also to help my friends across the pond that the cycles end late for.

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else (ie, someone else kills your target before you do) your kill will be wasted for the night. I will notify you of this.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of Flawless Elvis Impersonator I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

Super Ego Roles
The super ego wins if they remove all of the ID players from Hark’s imaginary Townston.
Easy, right?

Flawless Elvis Impersonator!
In Hark’s mind the king is not dead! In fact the king is literally KING!
Though oddly everyone votes for him…..:
Any of the players can run for the role of FEI, and the one that the other players feel has the best leadership, is least likely to be ID and most resembles the king of rock and roll will become the FEI. An election will be held at the start of the game to decide this.
This gives the lucky player some additional powers.
It’s good to be the king: Increased vote count of 2 during killings.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!: The FEI can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynchess are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Elvis has not yet left the building: Cannot be killed during the night while his bad mother clucker(s) are alive. Only the FEI will know who the bodyguards are.
Blue Suede Shoes: These have no in game effect, but you better stay off of them!

Ultimate Space Wizard!
In order to maintain balance in Hark’s brain, the power of the FEI is balanced by the Ultimate Space Wizard!
Having failed to win the election to become FEI, the second place runner up will be launched into space where loveable aliens will teach him the mystical ways of magic!
With the combined powers of an astronaut and a wizard, the ultimate space wizard can cancel two lynches during the course of the game.
The ultimate space wizard needs to notify me before voting closes, if he wishes to use this power.
The other special advantage that the Ultimate Space Wizard enjoys is that he (like the FEI) is protected by the bad mother cluckers. He cannot be killed during the night while they are alive.

Bad Mother Cluckers!
Two random players (those without interesting roles) with be converted to Bad Mother Cluckers once the flawless elvis impersonator has been chosen.
They dress in large, mascot style chicken costumes, filling them with the sort of moronic bravery that only dressing up as poultry can provide.
They will gladly hurl their bodies in the way of anyway thing that threatens the glory of a fat man dressing up as a dead rock and roll singer!
They represent Hark’s brains natural defences that protect the running of his mind.

Dragon of Awesome!
The power of a dragon, combined with the power of ROCK!
The dragon of awesome is a huge green dragon that strides through Hark’s psyche, carrying a powerful electric guitar with the amp turned up to ELEVEN!
His powerful power chords can obliterate other parts of Hark’s psyche, blasting them from existence!
Each night, the Dragon can kill one other part of Hark’s psyche, in the hopes of eliminating the ID.
If the dragon of awesome should be slain, either by a lynch or by a night time murder, he will ‘pass on the axe’ to a random armoured kitty in the town who does not already have another role (such as flawless elvis impersonator)
I will notify that player that they are now the new dragon of awesome and can now perform night time kills from that point on.
The dragon of awesomeness represents Hark’s desire to rock out and wail on a guitar all the time.

Unicorn of World Peace!
All this magical unicorn is saying, is give peace a chance!
Awww, friendly pink unicorns, what’s not to love?
With the power of friendship, love, rainbows and mushy crap in general, the Unicorns of World peace will always work to protect other parts of the Super Ego form harm during the night.
They have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two ID attack a person being watched by one Unicorn, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the Unicorn chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.
The unicorns represent Hark’s friendly caring side.

Badger with a Scar!
Face it, badgers are tough!
They are the toughest animals in all the Animal Kingdom!
How tough?
They dig tunnels and live in sets!
So we are talkin REALLY tough!
But this badger is even tougher then most.
How do we know this?
Because he has a scar!!!
The badger with a scar is so tough that he can survive one night time attempt to kill him. Effectively he has two lives.
The badger with a scar represents the part of Hark’s personality that want to live underground.

Wolverine (from x-men)!
Listen, bub! Wolverine is a bad ass! He chomps cigars, hes got metal bones and he drives motor bikes off buildings into brick walls for yucks!
During the night phase, if anyone tries to use a night action on wolverine (super-ego or ID) they will be sliced with his adamantium claws! Wolverine is a psycho so he cannot choose NOT to kill people at night.
Should two persons take action towards him, the first person will die but the second will not.
Wolverine represents the part of Hark’s personality that really wants to be an X-man.

The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk)!
No one knows what the nose knows, except for the nose!
This powerful snout can sniff out clues and is privy to all sort of amazing and wonderful knowledge! He floats mysteriously through the town, dispensing wisdom and wearing a rather fetching trilby.
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me twice per game what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many ID voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.
The Nose represents Hark’s knowledge, such as it is.

Armoured Kitty!
The most common avatar of Hark’s personality, the armoured kitties are cats in heavy, but ineffectual body armour. They spend their time shamelessly plugging their web comics to each other and sharpening coloured pencils.
They have no special skills, but can vote, solve clues, run for office and potentially inherit the Dragon of Awesome’s guitar!

ID ROLES!
The ID represents the darker, more primitive side of Hark’s personality. For this reason they are all on an ape related theme….

The ID win if at any time they out number the Super-Ego.

Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar!
The most evil thing in all of Hark’s imagination is this wicked gorilla brain!
Even completely losing his entire body except for his brain and an eyeball has done nothing to stop his desire to do evil!
In side his jar he plots sinister schemes to destroy the Super Ego and spread chaos and destruction!
Evil Mind Power: The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar is able to send sinister psychic brain waves to his targets. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle, as their mind is a whirl of “ooks” and bananas!
EVIL! PURE, UNSTOPPABLE EVIL!: The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Lives in a Jar: The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar is safely stashed away by his minions, protecting him from harm. He will appear as an armoured kitty to the The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk). Also, he can't be killed by the Dragon of Awesome as long as this power is in effect.
Giant Robot Gorilla Body!: As his ultimate evil plan, the The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar can have his minions fit him into a giant robot body to attack the super ego personally. Once he uses this power, he loses all benefits from his Lives in a jar power. If the The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar is ever the only ID left, this power is automatically activated.

Sinister Doctor Gibbon
Doctor Gibbon spends his time working out elaborate death traps with which to destroy the Super Ego.
These traps are so elaborate that they can take quite a while to put in motion…
Each night, the Sinister Doctor Gibbon can do one of the following, ensnare someone in a sinister plot, or set in motion a plot on a person who is already ensnared. If someone has a sinister plot put in motion against them, they will be killed! He can not ensnare someone and activate a plot in the same night. The Sinister Doctor Gibbon can at most keep two ensnared people in circulation but is free to ensnare more, once he's set one of his plots in motion. Every time he sets a plot in motion, a clue is given who he might be. Should the sinister doctor gibbon be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all plots will go into motion, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that plot. The beginnings of the plot are also discovered on the body, which gives the super ego a clue who he might be.

Heartless Ninja Monkey Twin
When a monkey’s heart stops beating, it can no longer feel love, only HATE!
These two cruel chimps use their murderous ninja skills to eliminate the Super Ego!
Other then their different coloured uniforms (red and blue) they are identical in all ways, especially in their capacity to be anti social and violent!
A heartless ninja monkey twin can kill one member of the super ego each night.

The game will need at least 20 people to begin. More people are free to join. Each player after the first twenty will cause serial killers to be added to the game. They are allowed one kill per night and have the objective of being the last person alive.
They will be named after celebrities that piss me off.

Elected posts
Flawless Elvis Impersonatorr:1
Ultimate Space Wizard:1

The Super Ego(16)

Bad Mother Cluckers:2
Dragon of Awesome:1
Unicorn of World Peace:2
badger with a scar:1
Wolverine (from x-men):1
The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk):1
Armoured Kitties: 8

The ID(4)
Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar:1
Sinister Doctor Gibbon:1
Heartless Ninja monkey twins:2

Please post on this thread if you want to sign up.
As soon as we get enough players we can begin the nightmare…

Signed up players-
(If you signed up and I missed you off this list, send me a pq!)

D_Dude-Heartless monkey ninja twin- Purged from Hark's mind, night 3
waff WAFFMAN! Unicorn of world peace- killed night 4
Niccea-Heartless Ninja Monkey Twin, Killed night 3
crocty- Unicorn of World Peace-killed night 2.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey Pardoner 4 life, Ultimate Space Wizard and Badger with a Scar- Survived!
Hakoshen- The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk), killed night 2
Kitty17 Armoured Kitty, killed night 5
GullasDragon of Awesome, killed night 6
InuYasha_Rules Sinister Doctor Gibbon, killed night 6]
rokulily Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar- Lynched day 6
pastelArmoured Kitty and Flawless Elvis Impersonator- Survived!
Product Placement Armorued Kitty, killed night 3.
Air Raid Robertson-Wolverine (from the X-men), lynched, day 4.
ozoneocean- Armoured Kitty killed night 1
ParkerFarkerBad Mother Clucker, Survived!
RyuthehedgewolfBad Mother Clucker, killed night 6
humorman- Armoured Kitty, killed night 1
KillerBob Armoured kitty, killed night 5
Aghammer- Armoured Kitty killed night 1
Lunaris Victoria- Armoured Kitty- Lynched Day 5
the2ndredbaron- Mel Gibson, killed night 2
theorah- M Night Shyamalan, killed night 2

Opening Narrative-

Hark was wandering home from a hard day of throwing around accusations for who and who might not be an evil mafia, pondering his lot in life.
“What a wonderful town we live in!” He thought to himself. “Yes, every night the people murder each other. Sure during the day lynch mobs run amok. And then there is the rampant corruption in the office of mayor…..Actually hang on! I hate it here! Damn it! If I wasn’t stuck here I could be out plugging my web comic shamelessly (like that!)Why don’t I move? I keep meaning too but then something always happens to….”

Just as Hark was tempting fate, an animal darted from the nearby bushes. It was a ferocious, slavering ball of fur and fangs and before Hark could react it had lept up onto him and latched its teeth onto his ear!

“Argh!” Hark screamed as he thrashed around wildly “Oh the terrible irony of it all!”

Hark was just about to state out loud why him getting bitten by a mongoose was, in fact, ironic (rather then just very silly) when the creature released its grip and fled off into the under growth.

Hark tried to stand, but a strange sensation passed over him.
For this was no ordinary ferocious mongoose attack, this was a deadly venomous Spanish mongoose, the third most poisonous of all the mongooses in the animal kingdom!
The deadly venom quickly passed into Hark’s brain, causing him to slump to the ground in a swirling stupor.

Weird hallucinations began to pass before his eyes, gradually forming into a strange, twisted, gothy-Tim-Burton version of Townston.
Weird, twisted buildings loomed over head, and the streets were a maze of poorly disguised symbolism.
Within this illusionary Townston, the different aspects of Hark’s Super-Ego began to take form, but in his confused state, Hark perceived them all as the people he played mafia with, their true natures remaining unclear.
But with his mental defences down, the dark and primitive aspects of Hark’s personality, known as the ID, were let loose from the zoo of repressed childhood traumas and self loathing, moving amongst the Super-Ego and plotting the destruction of Harks entire psyche!

Hark’s mind instinctively tried to bring order to the raging sea of chaos that made up his vision. To accomplish this, Hark did what he always does in times of trouble.
Appeals to Elvis and magic powers!

The Super-Ego must find which figments of Hark’s imagination can do the most accurate Elvis impersonation!
The one that wins this election will become the most powerful person in Hark’s mind…
THE FLAWLESS ELVIS IMPERSONATOR!!!!

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN!
(send all votes to me, you have until midnight tomorrow to cast your votes for who you want to win. An extra vote for any candidate who draws an Elvis themed campaign poster. Thank you very much!)

Election campaign-
Man, you guys are demanding! Take, take, take! What about my needs?
Anyway, here are the votes so far!
Waff 2
Poster
Waff

Pastel 8
Poster
Pastel
Niccea
Kitty 17
crocty
The 2nd redbaron
Hakoshen
Productplacement.

Lunaris Victoria 3
Poster
Lunaris Victoria
Gullas

TFGM 7
Poster
TFGM
Killerbob
Aghammer
rokulily
Inu_yasha
D_dude

Ozone 2
Poster
Ozone

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

*jumps in with an Ochi dummy on her shoulder* What is this dream?

Also I'm not running. I don't have a ready to use computer to handle the burden of leadership. I'm sure that someone here though is worthy of my vote.

I could just vote for FGM to make him worthy of his title. Or there could be someone new who is just waiting for a chance to run.

Posted at

I'm gonna try and run this time. I'm aiming for the space wizard but if I can be the Elvis impersonator, it would be even better.

Edit. Crap! It had to be Elvish theme? I can't draw Elvis for the life of me.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Not running. Noone would trust me enough at this point. X3

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Tru dat, Emily.

I'll skip on running this round…maybe next time.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Elvis theme?
Don't worry, I gotcha!

Fix'd!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I just added all the roles and rules and a nice pretty picture to the top of this thread.
Now you can't all claim you don't know whats going on like I always do in order to avoid taking responsibility for your teams utter failure!

waff
waff
Posted at

I will do my best to co-ordinate the actions of the unicorn of world peace and dragon of awesome.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'll run for mayor in whatever game is happening in three weeks (vacation time!)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

These posters are so much like the king, I'm struggling to believe he has not literally come back to life and been photographed dressed as a wizard after taking his shoes off and pointing after growing a 'tache!!
Incredible!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

ummmm.. .yeah, exactly what I was thinking man! :D

These posters are so much like the king, I'm struggling to believe he has not literally come back to life and been photographed dressed as a wizard after taking his shoes off and pointing after growing a 'tache!!
Incredible!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

ummmm.. .yeah, exactly what I was thinking man! :D

Incredible!

Yeah, those blue suede shoes sold me!

gullas
gullas
Posted at

man I guess the sandman hit you damn hard Hark?

Guess what guys? Since we are all just in Hark's mind, I'll open up a new meat-shop here :) We serve cloud meat untill something fresh comes ;)

pastel
pastel
Posted at

I want to run for Elvis too :D :D

Everyone, vote for me! :D Kthx.

Posted at

So who all is running for the Elvis Impersinator? Only two people so far…how boring. I'll wait until the last minute to give my vote, lol.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Vote for me if you guys actually want to win. I've been right for at least the past two games… so yeah.

Vote for me unless you want to lose… badly… again.

Posted at

Vote TFGM he has yet to be mayor p.p
Also look at that poster! Its Elvisness is oozing out! You want to vote TFGM! XD

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I want to run for Elvis too :D :D

Everyone, vote for me! :D Kthx.

I always wondered what it would look like if Clamp did an Elvis manga.

Posted at

I could just vote for FGM to make him worthy of his title.

Yep you could :D and if you did then I'd assume Ochi dummy would too and that would be two votes XD

Posted at

-dashes dummy to ground- You don't need that anymore, I've set up a whole new router. What a tiring evening! :)

But I was too late to get in on Mafia VIII. TT_TT I'll be watchin' y'all benevolently from the skies again, I guess. Good luck!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Darn it, all you late people trying to join after like three days of waiting for one person to join. T_T

Posted at

Darn it, all you late people trying to join after like three days of waiting for one person to join. T_T
I'm not trying to join, though! Besides, no one could possibly tell the difference between Ochi and Ochidummy, see this icon? It'd only be confusing if I was around for real. o_o -fades away-

crocty
crocty
Posted at

…Fair enough.

Posted at

So Niccea has a gaia account does anyone else here have one? I'm just wondering.

Also vote TFGM he is one heck of a guy I hear X3

pastel
pastel
Posted at

I have a gaia account. But I rarely rarely rarely visit it.

I am also one heck of a guy-ette! X3

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.