Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
crocty
crocty
Posted at

Welcome to Mafia IX, prepare for a huge wall of text! (Don't worry, General Discussion people, we crazy hoodlums will host the actual game in the forum games section)

This picture was made by Kitty17, she is amazing and gets many <3s for making this.

Mafia is a forum game that isn't actually disgusting for a change!
When I saw the first sign up thread, I actually begin bleeding from the ears from how confusing it is, so I didn't sign up. But when I started following the thread, I loved it, and wished I did! ):
(You can see the first game here, which you can read through if you're new, so you can get a feel of how the game works. Although some rules will change, it's the same basic idea...)

Mafia is like an RPG where a town is attacked by an evil team, and the good guys has to kill all the bad guys before they are all dead. Whenever someone is killed, a clue is left in the form of a short narrative, so the good guys can solve them and figure out the bad guys. (Like if the killer were to use a pipe wrench to murder someone, then it would point to me. But the clues won't be that simple. ^_~ )
Everyone will get one vote on who to lynch every day, and hopefully kill the bad guys before they kill them.

Normally it's just a town attacked by a mafia, but that got rather dull, so now it's themed! My theme is a nautical/explorer/freaking dinosaurs themed. You can read the plot below, but it's not important to the game, I just wanted to make it anyway. :3

Plot
While Harkovast was fighting his Spanish Mongoose Fever, Crocty the Tenacious Bounty Hunter/Scientist/All around awesome guy went out to search for a cure, researching the Spanish Mongoose. While extracting their venom, he accidentally placed some of it in a tea cup when he ran out of test tubes.

Foolishly drinking the venom, he came down with a minor case, now desperate for a cure. The next day Harkovast was awake, telling Crocty he had seen a vision of where to find a cure. Harkovast told him the cure was three types of dinosaur blood, found deep in the jungle of Really far away-ia. Crocty set off immediately, bringing along 16 explorers to help him.

(Harkovast talked of another cure was having a huge inner battle with monkeys and Elvis, but Crocty brushed off this idea as "Pretty gay" )

Unfortunately the dinosaurs saw them coming and perfected their disguises, making them look like regular explorers. Now the explorers will have to find out which team member is a dinosaur that they need to kill, and who they can trust.

In Crocty's state, he is unable to steer the boat, or lead the search, meaning the explorers will have to decide who will be the new captain.

The Rules
Some basic rules you must follow, or I'll change your role to "The Clown", whose power is to smell bad.

1. All official actions in game must be PQed to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. I will allow you to post after you are dead, but no talking about clues, game information, anything that will help a side win. This includes PQing them or IMing them as well.

3. All PQ's that I send you should be considered private. Do not post them in the actual forum. You may tell people the results of them, but please do not quote them exactly.

4. Townston has a 48 hour day cycle. Day takes 24 hours to transpire and so does the night. At the end of each night I will post a narrative that includes clues for every kill that was made. DAY/NIGHT break is at 12:00am GMT

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis.
(Example 1: Dinosaur sends in a kill for the Hunter. Hunter later sends in a kill for the Pterosaur. Hunter will die before he can make the kill.)
(Example 2: Dinsoaur sends in a kill for someone who's protected by a Doctor.
Later another Dinosaur sends in a hit for that Doctor. The Doctor will die, but the first Dinosaur's kill will be stopped by the doctor.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else (ie, someone else kills your target before you do) your kill will be wasted for the night. I will notify you of this at the end of the night cycle.

You may also contact me on AIM if you have any questions. My name is the very creative choice of Croccty. But any official night actions will have to be PQed to me to count as official.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form.

Explorer ROLES
The Explorers’s win condition is to find and kill all Dinosaurs, be it through the Hunter, or Lynches.

Captain
The Captain is elected at the beginning of the game. Anyone, Explorer or Dinosaur can be the Captain. The Captain gets an ammount of special abilites on top of his old role;
Follow the Captain!: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
No time to waste: The Captain can declare 2 double Lynches anytime during the game. When double lynches are in effect, each player gets two votes on two different people. (must notify me during night cycle or two hours on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Carry my stuff: Cannot be killed during the night while his Porters(s) are alive. Only the Captain will know who the Porters are, even though the First Mate is protected by them as well.
Straight to business: The Captain has the option of insta-Lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Captain picks, gets Lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a Dinosaur at that time.

First Mate
The First Mate is the runner-up in the Captain elections. The First Mate has the ability to cancel two Lynchs throughout the game. The First Mate can pardon one Lynch a night, so on a double Lynch, they could only save one person. The First Mate will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch, or pardon himself.

Porters
Porters can save people from Dinosaurs by caring for their luggage. Scientists would like to know how that makes any sense, but they refuse to answer.
Two random Locals will receive the role of Porter once the Captain has been elected. The Captain alone will know who these people are. The Porter cannot be a Dinosaur or special role, he can only be a regular Local. As long as atleast one porter is alive, the Captain and First Mate cannot die. A bomb sent to the Captain or First Mate will also be stopped.

Hunter
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the Dinsoaurs (or the Explorers) to interpret. Be warned, there will be no way for the Explorers to tell the difference between your kills and the dinosaurs, so you may be lynched if you act carelessly. Once the Hunter is dead, one random Local will become the new Hunter. When the replacement is dead, there will be no more replacements.

Witch Doctor
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two Dinosaurs attack a person being watched by one Doctor, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not necessarily say who the target was. It does not matter if the Doctor chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. The Doctor will intercept bombs sent to an Explorer if he's being watched during the night of implantation.

Indiana Jones
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The Indiana Jones gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. These two hits can be made on the same night. Indiana Jones can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

Jinx
While on the Explorer's side, the Jinx is an unlucky sod who has a tendancy to get people around him killed. The Jinx will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be Dinosaur or Explorer (such as a Doctor opting to protect him). The Jinx is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not. The Scientist may find out his role without an issue.

Scientist
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific killing points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you may ask me how many Dinosaurs voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting or you can ask me what role a specific person has (only usable two times). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Librarian
This Explorer loves to read books, such as diaries of other Explorers!
As soon as you are PQed your role, you will be told the name and role of another Explorer. The Explorer I PQ you will be informed his role was told to you, but not who the Librarian is. The person you are told can only be an Explorer, never a dinosaur, so you can completely trust this person.

Local
The Local, unfortunately, gets no night actions or abilities he may use. However, when the Hunter dies, one random Local will become a Hunter. Two Locals will also become Porters after the election.

DINOSAUR ROLES
The Dinosaurs’ win condition is to kill all Explorers. Unlike Explorers, all Dinosaurs know who each other are. A dinosaur cannot kill a fellow Dinosaur

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Like the Captain, the T-Rex has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Footprints: The T-Rex is able to leave footprints near an Explorer of their choosing. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have for the next day and night cycle. A Doctor and Porter. will clean up all footprints. People like the jinx and Indiana may be targetted, but it will not stop them from killing, or having two night lives. You may use this as many times as you want, but once a night, and not on the same person twice in a row.
Avoiding Extinction: The T-Rex can once per game, cancel a Lynch. If he uses that ability during a double Lynch, both Lynches are cancelled.
Fossils: The T-Rex doesn't exist! Of course he doesn't, he's just a bunch of bones, thinking he exists is wreckless and foolhardy! The T-Rex will appear as a regular Local to the Scientist. Also, he can't be killed by the Hunter as long as this power is in effect. (After all, how can you kill a pile of bones? Unless you get a Racoon suit, you're gonna have some issues)
The chase begins: The T-Rex has decided to take actions into his own stubby hands. He's polished his teeth and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but loses all benefits he received from his Fossils power. If the T-Rex is the only Dinosaur left, this power is automatically activated.

Pterosaurs
The Pterosaur is flying high. You know what else flies high? Air strikes! The Pterosaur has two night actions.
He may call one air strike a night. He cannot fire an air strike and call one in on the same night. He may also only call one a night, or fire one a night.
Every time he fires an air strike, a clue is left pointing to him. Should the person targetted be killed, he will lose the air strike. The death of that person will mention they were targetted, also giving a clue pointing toward the pterosaur.
Should the Pterosaur be killed, all unfinished air strikes will be fired instantly, killing his targets.
Air strikes will be stopped by Porters and Witch Doctors. The Pterosaur is also able to call in and fire an air strike on the Jinx without dying.

Velociraptor
The Velociraptor is a simple dinosaur. He may place one kill on an Explorer a night, nothing fancy.

OTHER ROLES:
Cannibal
The cannibal could not careless about who dies or who survives, he is going to eat anyone he sees. Of course, seeing as though he is uneducated, the dinosaurs' beagle pusses will fool the cannibal as well.
The cannibal has the ability to kill one person a night. His win condition is to kill everyone.

Elected posts
Captain:1
First Mate:1

Explorers (X)

Porter:2
Hunter:1
Witch Doctor:2
Indiana Jones:1
Jinx:1
Scientist:1
Librarian:1
Local:X (Depends on how many people sign up, but approximately 8 locals will be in the game)

Dinosaurs (4)
T-Rex:1
Pterosaur:1
Velociraptor:2

Serial KIllers (1)
Cannibal:1

List of Players: (If you signed up and I didn't put you down, it's probably because I'm a forgetful sod, so PQ me if I missed you.)
1.Kitty17X
2.Pastel
3.Niccea the Great Deciever
4.Hakoshen the Spartan
5.D_Dude
6.AQua_ng
7.Ozoneocean
8.WAFFMAN!
9.Aghammer
10.ParkerFarker
11.Harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing
12.GarBonzo_Bean
13.Bocaj
14.Gullas the Impaler
15.TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Perma-Pardoner
16.Humorman
17.Product Placement
18.therealtj
19.Gillespie
20.DarthVaderS1999
21.Gabe Puratekuta
22.Salsa
23.Killerbob
24.Inuyasha_Rules

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

I'll join of course.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Cue the surge of 15 regular mafia players signing up…

EDIT: Hah, Pastel is ditto-ing what I'm saying! What an odd woman she is.

pastel
pastel
Posted at

Ditto. =w=

*in reply to Kitty, not you Crocty. D:

Posted at

I can't sign up for anything until Sunday, which will be too late. I'll be on vacation so I won't be able to check this forum regularly until then.

It's the badassness of dinosaurs coupled with the shining promise of an entire game not spent plotting Crocty's death, and I have to miss it. God, it's a downer. I'll be sharpening my claws for Mafia X… T_T

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I can't sign up for anything until Sunday, which will be too late. I'll be on vacation so I won't be able to check this forum regularly until then.

It's the badassness of dinosaurs coupled with the shining promise of an entire game not spent plotting Crocty's death, and I have to miss it. God, it's a downer. I'll be sharpening my claws for Mafia X… T_T
Hm, I think the game will run over in to Sunday. Actually I'm sure of it. But don't worry, I'll find a way to get you killed before then. :D

Posted at

Hm, I think the game will run over in to Sunday. Actually I'm sure of it. But don't worry, I'll find a way to get you killed before then. :D
B-but I said I couldn't sign up! You're just doing it so you can kill me at last, aren't you!?

And even after I tenderly prepared this here chicken noodle soup to help you through your ailment. -_-

disclaimer: soup may contain up to 50% arsenic

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Haha, oh wow, I'm dumb. XD

Sorry, read it wrong.

To say I'm sorry, I'll let you have that soup yourself. Go ahead, take it! :D

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'm here, of course. It's how I kill time at work. (well, now that I've found the Initial D manga I have that too)

SPeaking of which, I love the action scenes, and I know I don't really have room to talk, but those are some butt ugly character designs… just goes to show that enough detail paid to other aspects as well as action scenes can make even shitty people look cool.

But yeah, sign me up.

Posted at

I really did think you were signing me up despite my wishes just for the sole purpose of killing me at last. Like, in the opening narrative, with your own hands. ._.

So as my apology for not trusting you, please do take the soup. Um, since you're not meant to be conscious or at the least not meant to be lucid, can you really refuse it? XD Anyway, since I can't play, I at least wanna be an unofficial ghost nurse. It's my only request~

I'll be sure to read everyone's escapades when I get the chance. Good luck, y'all. -fades away-

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

I'll join as well

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I really did think you were signing me up despite my wishes just for the sole purpose of killing me at last. Like, in the opening narrative, with your own hands. ._.
Hm…I like that idea…
<_<

Posted at

Hm…I like that idea…
<_<
Hmm… Didn't the two of you put together your differences when you were agents?

I Don't know if I have time myself for this game but I'll be in touch later on to confirm if I'm in or not.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hm…I like that idea…
<_<
Hmm… Didn't the two of you put together your differences when you were agents?

I Don't know if I have time myself for this game but I'll be in touch later on to confirm if I'm in or not.
We did, but it's tradition for us two to kill each other. So kill each other we shall!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I will join so I can either win the game or be killed in the first night again. That's what usually seems to happen.

waff
waff
Posted at

I shall join your little exploraaaaa*splash*(waff has tripped over the railings and fallen into the sea).

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Oops, sorry for calling you a slacker :P I'm in.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Oh, I would COMPLETELY sign her up… she can be a regular townie (or whatever) and we can accuse her of being mafia (or whatever) AND most of the players would buy it… HAHAHA… sniff, I love this game.

Lynch Ochitsukanai…she's mafia!!!

:D…just kidding.

Give me a good role this game man… you know I think you are AWESOME (I know it's a random selection, *wink*, *wink*).

So as my apology for not trusting you, please do take the soup. Um, since you're not meant to be conscious or at the least not meant to be lucid, can you really refuse it? XD Anyway, since I can't play, I at least wanna be an unofficial ghost nurse. It's my only request~

I'll be sure to read everyone's escapades when I get the chance. Good luck, y'all. -fades away-

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Oops, sorry for calling you a slacker :P I'm in.
I never slack off on things!
Any Baron or big orange cat in armour that tells you otherwise is lying!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I don't slack either. I just get apathetic in the summer. The apathy wears off slowly. I find other things to do. Right now I have 6 books on my reading list and more to find. I also want to try to finishing up my cross-stitching this summer.

Posted at

I will join so I can either win the game or be killed in the first night again. That's what usually seems to happen.
So, if you're still alive after the first night, should the rest of us be worried?

Posted at

count me… IN

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.