Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

It's time to find out who will receive the honor of running the next game.

As the game has progressed we've developed few rules for the applicants to follow.

Veteran players only. The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from previous games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal. What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific hour? Make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (Niccea). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the murder. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research while at the same time not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refer from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I will post applicants narrations here for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves.

Example narrative (I am going to pretend that amelius, who writes Charby the Vampyrate is playing, so I am leaving clues for her. That way I don't use a clue I might want later, the guy getting killed can be me.)-

Early in the morning, Harkovast the sinister ninja monkey twin awoke!
His cold heart was still in his wicked primate chest, an icey orb of pure hate!

But as he strode outside of his monkey hideout, his ninja stars ready to do their evil work, a lone figure confronted him!

"Oh no!" said Harkovast, the blood draining from his face "Its the dragon of awesome!"

"You know it, evil monkey!" replied the Dragon of Awesome, brandishing his seriously sweet electric guitar "prepare to face the power of pure rock and roll!"

"No way!" said the monkey ninja, "Your killing skills are no match for mine!"

"Bad news, monkey dude!" replied the Dragon "Turns out I'm number one!"

This said, the dragon wailed on its guitar with amazing force, the delivering a wave of rock so freakin sweet that the monkey ninjas lungs exploded in his chest.

"Whoa…" replied the monkey with the last gasp from his shattered lungs "I think I'm experiencing the most….awesome….death….ever!"

With that the dragon delivered a second volley of power chords, blowing the evil ape to bits in a blast of musical mastery.

Harkovast the heartless ninja monkey twin is dead.

(clues were draining life, ie vampires, and I'm number one, reffering to her comic ranking. But you all got those, right?)

Posted at

i think I am going to do a sci fi mafia game. i'll post something tonight. But if I run a game it would have a sci fi theme.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Well two games ago, the townies were invaded by the mafia.
Last game, the mafia were invaded by the agents.
Someone should make a game where the agents are invaded by traitors!

Not me, I refuse to ever run a Mafia game. D:

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Well two games ago, the townies were invaded by the mafia.
Last game, the mafia were invaded by the agents.
Someone should make a game where the agents are invaded by traitors!

Not me, I refuse to ever run a Mafia game. D:

Come on man, it's fun!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Eh, too paranoid I'll mess something up, make the clues too easy…

Plus, I'd be just aching to post about the clues, or stop a dirty mafia from lying to the townies.

Although I dunno…Perhaps one day…

waff
waff
Posted at

I hope to do a 'sequel' of game five(? you know the one with the last stand) and do a reverse mafia on 'niccea 'the great deciever''s private island with a somewhat msg/james bond feel to the narratives…although I'm really sure I should run.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Okay, here's how I'll moderate the game:

- If I become GM, the next game will have virtually the same rules and roles as the first mafia game (no screwball or hidden roles).

- Each day/night shall end at 4pm PST (12am GMT). A narrative will be posted approximately one hour after the beginning of each day/night.

- Here's my sample narrative:

In the early morning, a lone chimney-sweep was cleaning a chimney (because that's what they're paid to do). Suddenly, a stranger appeared out of the thick fog rolling in the night. The stranger pulled out a dagger and chucked it towards the chimney-sweep. It grazed his head. The chimney-sweep made a mad dash to the nearest fire escape, only making a quick glance towards his killer. Though only a peek, he recognized one trait that seemed familiar to him: the eyes. He recognized that cold blank stare before, but from where? It was than the chimney-sweep realized that he had accidentally walked off the entire building in an ironically cartoon-ish sort of way.

*THWAAK*

As the chimney-sweep lied in agony on the cold hard floor, he could see a sign with some lettering scrolling down vertically. He was able to make out a "b"… or was that a "p"? Maybe a "d". I guess it doesn't matter, seeing how he's dead and all.

Niccea the townie has been killed.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Okay, time to cut the crap, and bring on the VAST!

I am going to run a mafia game just to stop Humorman running one!

Kapow!

This time though, the battle will be emotional as well as physical! A psychological duel of good against evil!

The plot-

Hark (that's me!) was enjoying living in the happy land of Townston! Yeah sure, all the population killed each other in a frenzy of lynching and murder every so often, but other then that, its a great place to be!
But one day, Hark was over come by a strange tropical mongoose fevour that attacked his liver and central disco system.
In his delirious state Hark has strange dreams….
He dreamt of a fantastic, magical version of Townston, inhabited by colourful personifications of his own confused personality, known as his Super-Ego.
Unfortunately, the sinister, self destructive side of his personality (the Id) was also made manifest, and set about destroying the peaceful Super-Ego!

Will the kindly figures of Hark's super ego triumph? or will his psyche be destroyed by his own personal demons?

With fantastic new roles, such as Heartless ninja monkey twins, badger with a scar, wolverine (the x-man, not the animal), the dragon of awesomness (and his lethal metal riffs), robot gorilla brain in a jar, one bad mother clucker, and lots and lots of armoured kitties, this could be the greatest (or at least the most surreal) battle Townston has ever witnessed….

Mafia 8- The battle for Hark's SOUL!
Let the mind games begin!

(the time frame will be 24 hour days and nights, ending on day light savings time. The narrative will be completely insane, the rules will be standard.)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Holy shit that is amazing.

You have to post a sample narrative, but god damn, I don't care about you narratives. You just won a vote.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Example narrative (I am going to pretend that amelius, who writes Charby the Vampyrate is playing, so I am leaving clues for her. That way I don't use a clue I might want later, the guy getting killed can be me.)-

Early in the morning, Harkovast the sinister ninja monkey twin awoke!
His cold heart was still in his wicked primate chest, an icey orb of pure hate!

But as he strode outside of his monkey hideout, his ninja stars ready to do their evil work, a lone figure confronted him!

"Oh no!" said Harkovast, the blood draining from his face "Its the dragon of awesome!"

"You know it, evil monkey!" replied the Dragon of Awesome, brandishing his seriously sweet electric guitar "prepare to face the power of pure rock and roll!"

"No way!" said the monkey ninja, "Your killing skills are no match for mine!"

"Bad news, monkey dude!" replied the Dragon "Turns out I'm number one!"

This said, the dragon wailed on its guitar with amazing force, the delivering a wave of rock so freakin sweet that the monkey ninjas lungs exploded in his chest.

"Whoa…" replied the monkey with the last gasp from his shattered lungs "I think I'm experiencing the most….awesome….death….ever!"

With that the dragon delivered a second volley of power chords, blowing the evil ape to bits in a blast of musical mastery.

Harkovast the heartless ninja monkey twin is dead.

(clues were draining life, ie vampires, and I'm number one, reffering to her comic ranking. But you all got those, right?)

Posted at

I don't know hark yours sounds a little to surreal for me. I mean is the dragon suppose to be the vig role and the monkey the mafia(id) role?

Posted at

It's surreal alright. Yoko Ono would be proud of this peace. Hark assures me though that there will be little to no deviation from the original setup. Essentially it will be mafia except with funkadelic titles and setting.

I might play it.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

FLying green, this is just an example, there will be a list of all the roles at the start, and what the represent.
And yes, heartless monkey ninja twins are mafia and dragon of awesome is the vigilante.

Other roles-
super ego-
Armoured kitty= townie
wolverine from x-men= paranoid
badger with a scar= veteran
Unicorn of world peace= medic
The all knowing pancake (that talks)= detective
dragon of awesome= vigilante

elected-
Flawless Elvis impersonator= mayor
Ultimate space wizard= pardoner

Id roles-
Heartless monkey ninja twins= mafioso
evil robot gorilla brain in a jar= godfather
the sinister doctor gibbon= mad bomber.

See? it all makes perfect sense! You just have to try and think like me while you read it….

crocty
crocty
Posted at

…Good god, we can just skip the elections and give him the next game, can't we?

o,o

Try to make the narratives a wee bit shorter though, it's a pain to have to read through them all looking for clues, but other than that, POIFECT.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

At TFGM's suggestion I changed "the all knowing pancake (that talks)" to "the all knowing giant nose (that talks)"

If anyone else has a character idea, I am open to making changes before we start.

Thanks for your support crotcy, I will work on keeping my prose to a minimum!

Posted at

Hark keep the narrations long. Like PP's make them beatiful works of art XD.
Also I demand to be paronder again! His title for it is just too awesome not to get XD

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

You have to vote for it TFGM (though of course, in this case that represents Harks own subconcious desire to make one of the facets of his personality dominant while also dressing them up as Elvis.)

Man I hope we can get people to play in this swirling tornado of my own insanity!

Posted at

I know I'll have to win it far and square hark. But considering that I'm the incumbent. I have the advantage XD

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Wait wait wait wait wait…

Is all this going on in your head?!

waff
waff
Posted at

FLying green, this is just an example, there will be a list of all the roles at the start, and what the represent.
And yes, heartless monkey ninja twins are mafia and dragon of awesome is the vigilante.

Other roles-
super ego-
Armoured kitty= townie
wolverine from x-men= paranoid
badger with a scar= veteran
Unicorn of world peace= medic
The all knowing pancake (that talks)= detective
dragon of awesome= vigilante

elected-
Flawless Elvis impersonator= mayor
Ultimate space wizard= pardoner

Id roles-
Heartless monkey ninja twins= mafioso
evil robot gorilla brain in a jar= godfather
the sinister doctor gibbon= mad bomber.

See? it all makes perfect sense! You just have to try and think like me while you read it….
if you get GM I am praying for 'the sinister doctor gibbon'.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Yes Hak, this all represents the eternal conflict that wages in my head everyday.

Another role-

Bad Mother Cluckers (bodyguards). They get big bad ass chicken suits and are willing to get kentucy fried in a bargain bucket of pain to protect the Flawless Elvis Impersonator and the Ultimate Space Wizard…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Although Humorman has a better narration, I want to play a theme-based mafia so not unless somebody new comes, Harkovast has my vote :)

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Humorman just copy pasted his sample from the last time. That is not mark of originality.

Also sign ups end tommorrow at midnight GMT.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

His narration is better????
Oooooh gullas, just for that I am going to make you a new role and make sure YOU get it!

The crap weasel!
The crap weasel is crap, and everyone laughs at him and he has no friends and he cant vote becuase hes crap.

Haha! What a brilliant victory! truely I am the master of tactical cunning! My skills are matched only by my maturity!

(my narration had a guitar that makes you explode….what more do you want!)

gullas
gullas
Posted at

His narration is better????
Oooooh gullas, just for that I am going to make you a new role and make sure YOU get it!

The crap weasel!
The crap weasel is crap, and everyone laughs at him and he has no friends and he cant vote becuase hes crap.

Haha! What a brilliant victory! truely I am the master of tactical cunning! My skills are matched only by my maturity!

(my narration had a guitar that makes you explode….what more do you want!)

hey I only said his was better cause I figured his clues faster, but yours is certainly more creative :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.