Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Mafia XVI: District Townston

Townston was having an unusually quiet few weeks. It seems that the mafia had left their cocaine dealings in Townston and gone to Miami. The only interesting occurrence had been the strange influx of new people… and with it a crime wave. As the day went on, gunfire could be heard in Main Street. Two rival gangs were battling it out. The Crips and The Bloods.

Days and nights alternate. Each day or night lasts 24 hours in real time. For example, day one begins at 0:00 GMT then night one begins at 0:00 GMT the nest day.
Days and nights will start at 0:00 GMT
I will not accept actions or votes after 23:00 GMT

Rules:

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to whom killed who.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Gang Member sends in a kill for the Police Officer. Police Officer later sends in a kill for Molotov Maker. Police Officer will die before he can make the kill.)

NEW RULE 6. (excluding Police Officer) If your hit is preempted by the other gang (ie, an enemy gang member kills your target before you do) A gang stand-off will result. This means that one or both gang members could die. Each member will have a 20% chance of dying.

Roles:

Townston:
In order for the good people of Tonston to win, both gangs must be completely dead.

Mayor: Elected
-Mayoral Importance: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
-Twice as Nice: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
-Secret Service: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
-Celebratory Killing: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place.

Pardoner: Elected
You can pardon two lynches. Two single lynches or one double. You are also protected by the mayor's bodyguards, but if one dies, you are defenseless.

Bodyguard:
Two Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a gang member, local, or special role, he can only be a regular immigrant. The Bodyguards protect the mayor and pardoner BUT If one bodyguard is killed, the mayor takes priority and the pardoner will become defenseless. If both bodyguards are killed, then the mayor will become defenseless.

Police Officer: (Vigilante)
You have been commissioned by the mayor (although strangely he doesn't know who you are)to take out the gangs fighting in the streets of Townston. You have the ability to kill once every night. each time you kill a clue is left pointing to you. Although during the third day, one of the gang members reveals your identity to the town, better hope those paramedics aren't inactive.

Paramedic:
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Walt Kawalsky: (He's Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. It seemed appropriate): (Veteran)
You have lived in this town since the '50s, back in the days when Townston was not corrupted by the mafia and gangs. You also fought in the Korean War so it'll take more than one hit to kill you. You have to be targetted twice to be killed.

Detective:
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Ex-Gang Member: (Paranoid)
You used to be part of the West Side Gang, but you traded that life in and became a good person. Even though no one knows this, your paranoid that the one of the gangs will find out and kill you. Anyone who targets you (be it Paramedic, Police Officer, Gang Member) you will kill.

Immigrant: (Townie)
You have immigrated into Townston.

GANGS:
in order to win, a gang must have killed the rival gang and the entire town.

There is the Blood Gang and the Crips Gang, each gang has the following:

The Boss:
Being the head of your gang, you can do a lot of things. If you choose to, you can attack a player every night. You can only be killed in a lynch or by the rival boss.
-Drive-bys: This has the same effect as the horsehead. The Boss can target a player with a drive-by, only once in the game, and said player will lose her/his special abilities for the following day and night.
-Rain on their Parade: The Boss can cancel a lynch once in the game. If it is a double lynch, Both lynches are canceled.
-Beagle Puss Glasses: The Boss will appear, to the detective, an immigrant.
-Protective Goons: The Boss cannot be killed by the Police Officer or rival Gang Members unless all of his/her gang members have been killed. If the Police Officer or rival Gang member does attack, s/he will die.

Molotov Maker:
Each night you can plant a bomb on someone or detonate an excisting bomb. You can plant only two bombs at once.

Gang Member:
You have come to Townston with your gang. Each night you can kill one player.

Playas:

1. Product Placement Police Officer, deceased, night two
2. Gullas the Impaler Gang member of the Crips deceased, night two
3. Rokulily
4. Niccea the Great Deceiver and keeper of records Paramedic, deceased, night one
5. Salsa the Luckless Gang member of the Bloods, deceased, night two
6. Waff-Man!
7. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths Immigrant, deceased, night one
8. harkovast The patron Saint of Finger-Pointing Boss of the Crips, deceased, day three
9. Kitty17
10. Anthony Mercer, The boss of the Blood, deceased, Day 5
11.Crocty the Usual Suspect immigrant, deceased, night one
12. GarBonzo Bean
13.Aghammer the Explosive detective, deceased, night three
14.Pastel The Mass Murderer Molotov Maker for the Crips, deceased, night three
15.Hakoshen The Spartan
16.Randomdudeperson A Gang Member of the Crips, deceased, night five
17. Killerbob an immigrant, deceased, night two
18.D_Dude Gang Member of the Bloods, deceased, night three
19.therealtj has been added but his role has been randomised. He is just as possible to be an enemy as you.

Posted at

Intro The mayor, ParkerFarker, sat in his office, scared to death. He couldn't handle these gangs. He didn't know what to do. He was outraged that his once peaceful town was now turning into a ghetto. These gangs must be stopped! ParkerFarker knew what he had to do; he had to crackdown on the gangs and rid Townston of these hooligans! Parker, being too scared to leave his office, sent a messenger to the police precinct. But the messenger didn’t get there. Some time had passed and Parker was getting worried… Well, more worried than he was before. Parker was hungry so he went to the phone to order some pizza. But right at that moment *BOOM* a massive explosion vapourized Parker and the entire Mayor’s Office out of existence. Later that morning the town gathered in front of the smoldering rubble of the Mayor’s Office. They called for balot boxes. Townston Election '09.

Day One has begun!

Narrations:
Election Narration
Night One
Day Two
Night Two
Day Three
Night Three
Day Four
Night Four
Day Five
Night Five

Election Status '09

Kitty17(5) Winning
Pastel
Crocty
Aghammer
Niccea
Poster Bonus

Harkovast(4) Second
harkovast
Gullas
Randomdudeperson
Poster Bonus

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (3)
TFGM
Killerbob
Poster Bonus

Aghammer (2)
GarBonzo Bean
Kitty17
Hakoshen

Day Two Lynch:

Harkovast (7)
Kitty17
Aghammer
Randomdudeperson
Waff
Anthony Mercer
Salsa
Rokulily

Rokulily (1)
Gullas

Day Three Lynch:

Harkovast (4)
Kitty17
Anthony Mercer
Therealtj
Rokulily

Randomdudeperson (3)
Kitty17
Anthony Mercer
Rokulily

Kitty17 (1)
Randomdudperson

Rokulily (1)
Randomdudeperson

Day Four Lynch:

Anthony Mercer (7)
Kitty17
Kitty17's Mayor Powers
Randomdudperson
Waff
GarBonzo Bean
Rokulily
therealtj

Randomdudperson (1)
Athony Mercer

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hmm…
No one is running yet?
Oh bother…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Hmm…
No one is running yet?
Oh bother…

I say *sips some tea*.

At least we know that 8 members of this town are mafia (Y) and either, if not both gangs surely must run to become the center of power in town *sips some more tea* I say.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hmm…
No one is running yet?
Oh bother…

I say *sips some tea*.

At least we know that 8 members of this town are mafia (Y) and either, if not both gangs surely must run to become the center of power in town *sips some more tea* I say.
Yes, qui–WHAT, 8 MEMBERS?
HOLY GODDAMN ARSE. D8
D8 D8 D8

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Hmm…
No one is running yet?
Oh bother…

I say *sips some tea*.

HOLY GODDAMN ARSE. D8
D8 D8 D8

Double trouble, double the fun like my ol' buddy Harkovast would say.
And I say, that are some mighty fine biscuits that Kitty makes *munches a biscuit*

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

OR, we all get whacked in the first night, my brothers.

And, no, I'm NOT running for mayor…hopefully someone will :)

Hmm…
No one is running yet?
Oh bother…

I say *sips some tea*.

HOLY GODDAMN ARSE. D8
D8 D8 D8

Double trouble, double the fun like my ol' buddy Harkovast would say.
And I say, that are some mighty fine biscuits that Kitty makes *munches a biscuit*

waff
waff
Posted at

Well I'm certainly not running either.

Posted at

People I am one of the but two Immigrants((I think PF hates me)). Vote for me for no real reason!

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

I changed my mind (so I can live through ONE night this time)… vote for me!! I don't wanta be mayor but maybe I can an excellent pardoner! if you vote for me you definitely move up the list of those who will be pardoned!! Also, I don't mind doing some fanart if that helps me to swing being pardoner!

Oh, and yeah, I think PF hates you… (just kidding).

If you have a valid "townie" role please run for major (so we can get the dec to check on you)…. I'm looking for a runningmate!!

People I am one of the but two Immigrants((I think PF hates me)). Vote for me for no real reason!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Alright yo yo yo word home dogs and fine ass ho's!
Its time to ch-ch-check yourself before you wreck yourself!

The west side massive is about to lay down some phat beats, word to yo momma!

(translation- I've decided to run for mayor this game. Vote for me and then read some Harkovast!)

Reeeespect!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

TFGM yo, you neeed to keep it real, home dog!
You talkin whack, you honky!
You aint fly!
You aint street!
You aint down with da West Sieede like me!

Thats just how I roll, G!

Don't hate the player, hate da game…..

And then vote for me….

And read harkovast.

Word.

Posted at

Said crazy stuff that almost makes sense.

0.o I think we better hurry up and end this game before Hark goes crazy!…er.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Of course, let's all vote TFGM, a townie, like we all did in Salsa's game.
^^ I remember how well that turned out.
While we're at it, let's vote the other townie, Killerbob in.

Anyone who actually tells me their role shall get my vote, otherwise you ain't getting shit from me. D=<

gullas
gullas
Posted at

TFGM yo, you neeed to keep it real, home dog!
You talkin whack, you honky!
You aint fly!
You aint street!
You aint down with da West Sieede like me!

Thats just how I roll, G!

Don't hate the player, hate da game…..

And then vote for me….

And read harkovast.

Word.

I say…

crocty
crocty
Posted at

one of the but two Immigrants
Wait, can Parker confirm that there are two immigrants this game? The roles don't seem to indicate such a thing…

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

That doesn't sound right.

Right now there's

Vigilante
Paramedic x2
Veteran
Detective
Paranoid

Godfatherx2
Bomberx2
Mafiax4

The rest should be townies

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I can conclude with this, that TFGM is a big dirty liar.

Thus I vote for the only man capable of running…
…DarthVade–Okay forget it, my vote goes to no one yet!

Posted at

Wait, wasn't there supposed to be townies AND immigrants?

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Hello, what about me man??? I know TFGM is a liar!! and Hark is crazy… by default that leaves me… vote for me cause I'm not TFGM OR HARK!!

Also, I'm more like Batman than Superman and we all know Batman is soooo much cooler.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hello, what about me man??? I know TFGM is a liar!! and Hark is crazy… by default that leaves me… vote for me cause I'm not TFGM OR HARK!!

Also, I'm more like Batman than Superman and we all know Batman is soooo much cooler.
Very well, you get my vote then. If the detective says you're townie and or evil, I'll stab you in the face.
Metaphorically of course, even if I was a gang member, I'd be unable to murder you…

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

HA, fair enough and thanks.

PP, Kitty, Gullas… I expect your votes as well (pretty please)!

Hark, do you have a special role or you running as an "immigrant / gang member"?

Very well, you get my vote then. If the detective says you're townie and or evil, I'll stab you in the face.
Metaphorically of course, even if I was a gang member, I'd be unable to murder you…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

PP, Kitty, Gullas… I expect your votes as well (pretty please)!

I say…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.