Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

The current game is finally drawing to a close after lots of ups and downs and thus it's finally time for a yet another GM election. Mafia veterans, you know the drill. Those who are new here, read this:

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

"Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm."

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.

Posted at

This post is reserved for list of applicant, their narrations and election status.

Running:
GarBonzo Bean

Poseidon hated feeling like a fish out of water, but he knew living on Mount Olympus was necessary in order to defeat the Titans. His only consolation is that once and for all Kronos might be thrown back into Tartarus. Now Poseidon was officially bored, so he began to wax his trident in his cheesy underwater themed Olympus hotel room. There was a knock at the door. “Room service? Finally! I’ve seen pearls formed faster.” Poseidon opened the door and was blinded by the brilliant light that surrounded none other than Hyperion. Poseidon reached for his trident but it slipped from his hand, Hyperion laughed, the flames danced as he loaded a bazooka. “Poseidon, have you seen what these mortals have accomplished since The Golden Age? Look at this baby!” Hyperion directed the bazooka at Poseidon. “Of course I had to add the Hyperion touch; bullets would never harm a God.” Hyperion loaded the bazooka with Greek fire. Took aim and fired. The cheesy hotel room erupted and lit up the sky with green flames.

Poseidon (Product Placement) is dead.

Clues- “hand” my profile
“danced” my avatar

Red herrings- anything else

therealtj
My narration (Clues are pulled from avatars, sigs, profiles, and comic titles):

Product felt a tad uneasy. Of course, everyone in Townston did. But Product felt more uneasy then usual. As he sat in his living room recliner, he just couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong.
Perhaps it's this chair, he thought. Yes, the more I think about it, it should be a little to the left!
However, no matter how far left he moved it, he still couldn't shake the feeling. Once he'd hit his left wall, he began to realize that it wasn't the problem. No, no, it must be something else… Why, I bet it's that painting on my wall!
He got up and straitened the flower still life by precisely 3 degrees clockwise. Still, something bugged him.
"Well I give up," he said turning around. "Do you have any ideas?" He was of course talking to the shadowy killer in the middle of his room.
"What about that?" said the shadow, pointing to a chipped vase.
"Yes, that's it! At least, I think so." Product concurred. As he turned his back to work on the vase, the killer took this opportunity to drive a katana in he back.
Damn, thought Product, as the killer removed the blade, I just figured out what was wrong. As his blood quickly gushed out the new hole, he fell on the ground and said with his last breath, "That table was wobbly…"

Product Placement the Book Hunter is dead!

Clues:
[spoiler]Katana: I have a comic called "the Purple Ninja" and ninjas use katanas.
Product says "At least, I think so," like in my profile I say "Coolest person ever? I think so.[/spoiler]

Rokulily
It was late. Product Placement was hurrying back home as quickly as he could, avoiding long shadows and dark places. He didn’t understand how he could’ve let himself lose time like that. Sure, blowing up things over by the deserted mafia lands was a kick, but the present danger of those fiendish monsters roaming the streets killing and converting the good people of Townston… Well that should’ve been a more pressing concern, he thought to himself.

Suddenly a figure darted in front of him knocking him off balance.

“WHAAAA-!!” shrieked Product Placement scrambling to get back up.

“Whoa, sorry fella’ didn’t see you there… Well, here, I’ma jus’ help you up and there ya go!”

“O-my-gosh-I’m-dead-so-dead!!”

“Now calm down fella’ I’m jus’ a normal guy jus’ like you. An’t nothing murderous about me.”

“That’s what they all say and then you die! So what are you? Vampire? Werewolf? Ug- Zombie?”

“Me? I’m just an insurance-“

Suddenly Product knew that he was face to face with a fate worse than anything a mere monster could accomplish. If he didn’t think fast he knew that he would be shoulder up in papers claiming to protect him from earthquakes, floods, termites… Everything really, except monsters.

“Oh no! I left my very important document signing super duper black ink pen at my office! I better go get it right now while you wait right here!” said Product Placement acting as distressed as he could. “I’ll be right back!”

He got outta there so fast that a comical dust cloud formed in place where he had stood to the amazement of the insurance salesman. A few blocks over completely out of breath with his heart beating a million miles an hour Product Placement sat down on a conveniently placed park bench.

“My, that was a close one”

“It…Gasp… was…” huffed Product completely winded and not paying much heed to his surroundings.

“Your heart looks like its pounding right out of your chest. You should just rest.”

“Ye..(huff) yeah..”

“Yes, you rest right there and I’ll suck out all that delicious blood”

“Wha-!” Product Placement turned to look at this stranger too late, it gripped his shoulders bent his head and sank its fangs ferociously into his neck lapping his blood greedly- Product’s heart pumping the valuable meal right into the vampire’s mouth.

“Ah. Thank you for the meal. Now you just rest right here, alright?” The creature laughing faded into the shadows as quickly and quietly as it had come…

PRODUCT PLACEMENT the TOWNIE is DEAD!!

Clues:
[spoiler] Acting- I said I enjoying acting on my profile
quietly- i say on my profile i am a quiet person
Completely out of breath- I help out a comic called running on empty (also possible red herring) [/spoiler]

Election status: Poll open.

GarBonzo Bean (3)
GarBonzo Bean
rokulily
Aghammer

therealtj (3)
therealtj
ParkerFarker
gullas

rokulily (9)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
KillerBob
waff
Salsa
harkovast
Anthony Mercer
D_Dude
Randomdudeperson

Posted at

I’ve decided to follow this ‘no townies’ trend. My game is Greek Mythology themed!
Have you ever wanted to feel….
Godlike?
Here is your chance!
In my game I will have no townies, epic narrations, new roles, and a never before seen storyline! I don’t see a reason NOT to vote for this game!

Mafia- Battle of the Olympians!

It was just a normal day on Mt. Olympus, the muses were having a concert, Ares was planning war strategies, and Athena was reading up on philosophy. But Zeus was bored; there had been no air disasters for quite some time. He decided to shake thinks up a little; a thunder storm would be interesting enough. But one of his lightning bolts hit the gates of tartarus, and freed the titans with only one thing in mind: revenge. An all out war was started, the Olympians VS. the Titans.

How to play- Every day cycle everyone votes for who they want to be lynched. Every night cycle you use your ability.

The Rules:
1. All actions will have to be PQed to me to be counted as valid.
2. If you’re dead, you’re dead. You can still post, but don’t help any players with clues or give out any information to living players.
3. If I send you a PQ, don’t quote it on the forum, you can tell other people the results, but no quoting.
4. Each day and night takes 24 hours. Each ends at 12 am, to make it easier, I’m using GMT time. (I don’t go by it but I will try my best to have narrations on time. If you want to know the time for where you’re at, go to google and type in “GMT time”)
5. All actions are first come first serve. If you send a kill for someone after they sent one for you, you’re dead. I will tell you if your kill was wasted.
6. If you are under 13 then you must post your E mail address on the actual forum so that people will be able to contact you.
7. If you are annoying other people in the game, I will give you a warning. If you don’t stop whining, then I will take you out of the game. This has only ever happened once (humorman) and I don’t want to have it happen again.
8. If you are inactive for two nights, no posts or actions at all, then I will PQ you, I need to see if you are just playing it cool or blowing us off. If you don’t respond I will take you out of the game.
9. At the end of the day and night I will include a narration. At the end of the night the narration will have clues. The clues won’t be too easy or too hard; they will be based on avatars, profiles, sigs, titles, and will only be based on the first page of the comic if it is in their signature. I will tell you if there are no clues in a narration.

There will be no campaign, but I will randomly announce during the game if there will be a double lynch.

Narration: Poseidon hated feeling like a fish out of water, but he knew living on Mount Olympus was necessary in order to defeat the Titans. His only consolation is that once and for all Kronos might be thrown back into Tartarus. Now Poseidon was officially bored, so he began to wax his trident in his cheesy underwater themed Olympus hotel room. There was a knock at the door. “Room service? Finally! I’ve seen pearls formed faster.” Poseidon opened the door and was blinded by the brilliant light that surrounded none other than Hyperion. Poseidon reached for his trident but it slipped from his hand, Hyperion laughed, the flames danced as he loaded a bazooka. “Poseidon, have you seen what these mortals have accomplished since The Golden Age? Look at this baby!” Hyperion directed the bazooka at Poseidon. “Of course I had to add the Hyperion touch; bullets would never harm a God.” Hyperion loaded the bazooka with Greek fire. Took aim and fired. The cheesy hotel room erupted and lit up the sky with green flames.

Poseidon (Product Placement) is dead.

Clues- “hand” my profile
“danced” my avatar

Red herrings- anything else

The Olympians-

Zeus- He came prepared to battle; Zeus has a stash of lightning bolts that he uses once per night to kill any suspected of being titans. (clue is left)

Poseidon- With the power of his trident, Poseidon also has the ability to kill once per night (clue is left)

Hades- Being the lord of death has its perks, Hades has two lives.

Hermes- Being the official messenger of the gods, Hermes has found out the role of another Olympian. You can completely trust this person.

Apollo- The god of prophecy knows what will happen in the future and is able to protect someone during the night stage.

Ares- The war god is well equipped with weapons and will kill the first person who dares attack him. (clue is left)

Hephaestus- *New role* after Hephaestus built Hades throne, Hades lent him his helm of invisibility. For one night of his choice Hephaestus will be completely un-killable.

Now here is the deal with the girl Olympians, the majority of mafia members are boys, so if you get a girl role then I will let you pick a hero (Hercules, Perseus, ect.) to be instead, you will still get the same abilities, but a different character to play.

Hera- *New role* Being the queen of Olympus, Hera has decided she will share the roles of the Olympians. Every night Hera will randomly be assigned an ability another player has. For example, I will PQ her saying she has the powers of Artemis that night. But I won’t tell her who that person is.

Demeter- Being related to Persephone, Hades wife, she also has two lives.

Hestia- *New role* The goddess of the hearth has a say in who gets killed, twice during the game, Hestia will be given an night action that she can vote on. For example, I will PQ Hestia saying that Zeus is planning on killing ParkerFarker or somebody. If she thinks he is a Titan, she will vote yes, if she wants to keep Parker alive, then she will vote no and she can send in a replacement kill instead of Parker. But the clues will still point to Zeus. I would notify Zeus that this has happened.

Artemis- The goddess of the hunt kills once per night. (clue is left)

Aphrodite- The goddess of love also watches over someone each night.

Athena- The goddess of wisdom can ask me if a someone was killed by a specific person, how many Titans voted to lynch a specific person, or you can ask what role a specific person has (this one’s only usable twice) you can ask one question per day and night cycle.

Titan Roles (the Titans all know the other Titans)

Kronos- Kronos has two abilities; he can disable a person’s ability for a complete day and night cycle. If he tries this on Ares, he will die. It also won’t stop Hades or Demeter from having two lives. He can also kill once a night (clue is left). But he must do one or the other in a night cycle, he can’t do both in one night.

Hyperion- The sun titan, Hyperion will plant bombs of fire on anyone he wishes. During the night stage he can either plant or activate a bomb (clue is left if activated). All bombs activate when he dies.

Prometheus- Can kill once per night. (clue is left)

Atlas- Atlas can thrust the sky on someone, which will instantly crush them, once per night. (clue is left)

Oceanus- The titan of the sea will temporarily flood Mt. Olympus during one day cycle. During that time he will have canceled the lynch (or lynches) of the day.

I have roles for 18 people, if any more join, I will add roles to the Titans to balance things out.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

I'm going to run again. My idea is a tad unusual, in that during each cycle some event will happen.

Mafia XVIII: The Book of Foreshadowing
It was an otherwise uneventful week in Townston. Well, except the mafia and whatnot, but this was pretty average for Townston. However, a strange book had come into the town. This book tells all the strange events that will soon befall Townston, and all the secrets about each townie. Unfortunately, it had been dropped, and an unsuspecting townie had picked it up, not knowing the powers it had. Now the race is on, to see who can get the book for their side first!

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, he protects the Mayor and Pardoner from being killed via mafia or vigilante hit.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him, or the book-hunter searching for the book). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

The Book Hunter
Each night you can raid anyone's personal belongings to try and find the book.

The Preventer
If you know what event the book predicts for that day, you can prevent it from happening! However, the book gods don't approve of fraud. If you ask to prevent something that wouldn't happen, you'll be struck down. So, be careful if you just want to guess!

Book Holder
A random townie will find the book and hold onto it! Unfortunately, you don't realize the power you hold, so the only one of the book's powers you get to use is "Just Take It!"

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

In addition to these, who ever holds the book (except the townie who starts with it) is given the following powers (they can be used once each cycle, day or night):
Magic Eight Bal- I mean, book: You can use the usual detective powers in the book. This includes two things:
-You can ask the roles of any two people. Note, this can only be used a total of two times. This means that if someone has the book and uses it twice, and someone else steals it, he can't use this power.
-You can ask if someone is linked to a specific murder.
What does the future hold?: Every day cycle, you'll be told what is going to happen that day. I will automatically send this out to you, and this won't affect your use of any other powers.
Just Take It!: If at night, someone tries to kill you, you will just give up the book to them, and they’ll leave you alone.

Obviously, there are mafia and serial killers, however these roles will be held from the town.

My narration (Clues are pulled from avatars, sigs, profiles, and comic titles):

Product felt a tad uneasy. Of course, everyone in Townston did. But Product felt more uneasy then usual. As he sat in his living room recliner, he just couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong.
Perhaps it's this chair, he thought. Yes, the more I think about it, it should be a little to the left!
However, no matter how far left he moved it, he still couldn't shake the feeling. Once he'd hit his left wall, he began to realize that it wasn't the problem. No, no, it must be something else… Why, I bet it's that painting on my wall!
He got up and straitened the flower still life by precisely 3 degrees clockwise. Still, something bugged him.
"Well I give up," he said turning around. "Do you have any ideas?" He was of course talking to the shadowy killer in the middle of his room.
"What about that?" said the shadow, pointing to a chipped vase.
"Yes, that's it! At least, I think so." Product concurred. As he turned his back to work on the vase, the killer took this opportunity to drive a katana in he back.
Damn, thought Product, as the killer removed the blade, I just figured out what was wrong. As his blood quickly gushed out the new hole, he fell on the ground and said with his last breath, "That table was wobbly…"

Product Placement the Book Hunter is dead!

Clues:
[spoiler]Katana: I have a comic called "the Purple Ninja" and ninjas use katanas.
Product says "At least, I think so," like in my profile I say "Coolest person ever? I think so.[/spoiler]

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

So yup. I thought in honor of it being Halloween soon and day of the dead that we could play this game again. I’ll post a sample narration in a bit.

Roles and goals.

Townies!

Their goals.
The goal of the town will be to destroy all three monster races. Since they will be fighting an uphill battle from the start, they will have two arsenals to use.

Each night (apart from the first), the mayor will organize a lynch mob and go after a specific player. If the mayor is ever killed, the town will loose their lynch ability.

Working independently or with the town, Van Helsing and his team of hunters will strike from the darkness with hopes to kill the monsters menace.

The Roles
Mayor (1)
Pardoner (1)
Bodyguards (2)
Van Helsing: (1)
Monster Hunters: (up to 2)
Scary movie fans: (2)
Townie: (the rest of the players)

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people. (The mayor must notify the GM during the night phase or early during the the day phase so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could tell you who's a monster at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be two single lynches, one double lynch, half of a double and one single or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. Pardoner shares the protection from the Bodyguards.

Bodyguard
Two random townies will receive the role of bodyguards, once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards cannot be monsters or special roles, they can only be regular townies. As long as the bodyguards are alive, they'll protect the Mayor and Pardoner from being killed. Normally the Mayor gets to know who the bodyguards are but in this game it will be kept a secret. When a bodyguard is turned by a monster, the town will be informed via narration.

Van Helsing
The famous monster hunter has arrived to this town. He will function as a mixture of the vigilante and the detective. During each day and night cycle, he's allowed to do one of the following:
I sense a taint of evil!: Van Helsing can check upon a player and determine if he's a monster or not. He can only do this 2 times. Note. This power can also identify the monster leaders.
Who dun it?:If a clue is left behind, Van Helsing can ask the GM if a specific someone was behind the attack.
Tonight we hunt: Wan Helsing can spend his night action hunting someone who he believes to be a monster and slay him. A clue is left behind after every kill. Note. Can only be used during night.
Help Wanted!: During the night, Van Helsing is allowed to recruit someone to become a monster hunter. He can only use this power twice. Can only be used at night.
Note: Only those who are not monsters can become a hunter. He can only recruit two times and if he tries to recruit a monster, the attempt is considered spent and wasted. In those situations he will kill the target instead. Also he is unable to recruit someone in an elected position.
Special: Van Helsing knows how to defend himself against monsters and will survive any attack made by an underling. He is however defenseless against an attack from one of the three monsters leader. Van Helsing is allowed to pick a defense against one of the three monster types to render himself immune to attacks from one of the leaders. If Van Helsing is successfully attacked he will die, however if the leader tries to recruit him Van Helsing will survive as long as one of his monster hunters are alive.

Monster hunters
Monster Hunters are recruited by Van Helsing. He's allowed to recruit up to two players that he trusts (can only recruit once per night). Every night, the hunters can target and kill someone who they suspect are monsters. A clue is left behind after every kill. A monster hunter can't be turned and will die if attacked. The monster hunters are not as experienced as Van Helsing and thus can't kill the monster leaders.

Scary movie fan
Night of the living dead, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, An American Werewolf in London. These guys have seen them all and many more. They know what to do if one is to encounter these types of beasts. Every night they're allowed to either protect themselves or someone else for the night. If a monster attacks someone who's protected, he will survive the attempt and a clue will be left behind, pointing at the attacker. If more than one monster attacks a person that's being protected, only the first attack is canceled.

Special
All the villagers (including all the special roles) will get to choose a defense against one of the monsters types at the beginning of the game.
These are:
A hunk of Garlic (against vampires),
A silver pendant (for werewolves) or
A insta-light torch (to scare away zombies).
Example: If a Vampire attacks a player with a hunk of garlic, the Vampire will run away and the player is not turned for the night. A clue will be left behind which can tell us who the monster is. The player is still vulnerable from attacks of the other two monster types. Once a defense has been picked, the player can't change it again.

Rule Update:
Monster defense Rule Said:
Once a player turns into a monster his defensive item is turned into a offensive weapon and is required to kill monsters of that type. Here's how the combat system will work.

Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = both die.

Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = Wolf survives, Vampire dies.

Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs Wolf (with Zombie defense) = both survive.

1 Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs 2 Wolfs (both with Zombie defense) = 1 Wolf dies, 1 Wolf + Vampire survives

1 Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs 2 Wolfs (1 with Zombie defense and 1 with Vampire defense (or both with Vampire defense)) = 1 Wolf survives, 1 Wolf + Vampire dies

1 Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs 2 Wolfs (1 with Zombie defense and 1 with Vampire defense (or both with Vampire defense)) = Vampire dies, both Wolfs survive)

1 Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs 2 Wolfs (both with Zombie defense) = All survive

Monster Leaders can't be killed using this tactic. They also don't require these items to kill other monster minions. Only opposing Monster Leaders, Van Helsing or lynches can kill Monster Leaders.

Monsters!

Their goals.
Each of the monster races are fighting for supreme control of the town. If two of the monster races are dead and the town is no longer able to defeat the third one, the remaining monster race will win. They are able to either turn or attack. If one monster tries to turn another monster they will fail, neither monster will die but the roles will be revealed to each individual monster.

The roles.
The Nosferatu = vampire leader(1)
The Alfa male = werewolf leader(1)
The Ghoul = zombie leader(1)

All three monster leaders have these powers.

I wasn't turned yesterday: The monster leaders are stronger then their minions. If a monster leader attacks another monster or is attacked by one, he will survive while the other monster will die. He will not be named in the progress but a clue, that might reveal his identity will be left behind. A monster leader can only be killed via lynch, by Van Helsing or another Monster leader who attacks him.
Welcome to our fold: The monster leader can turn mortals to one of their own. Each night they can target a victim and attempt to turn him. Once that player is turned he will stay on that side until he's killed. Minions also gain the power to turn others as well. If a minion tries to turn another monster, they will initiate a fight to the death (see monster defense rule for more details).
If the leader goes we all go!: The lives of the minions are sustained by the magics of their sires. Should the leader of any of the monster races die, all of his underlings will die with him/her.Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = both die.

Posted at

Ho ho ho. Do I spy with my little eye something that begins with M?

I do indeed! Somebody just suggested Monster Mash!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well now I know that I'm not going to win that one…I will run again soon.

Roku, do you intend to include the modifications we suggested last game? Because there were issues of people dying because they were recruited by two monsters on the same night.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Well now I know that I'm not going to win that one…I will run again soon.

Roku, do you intend to include the modifications we suggested last game? Because there were issues of people dying because they were recruited by two monsters on the same night.

yup! i made a few adjustment to the vanhelsing role, and the idea of the monster choosing to either attack or recruit.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I'll vote for anyone who can improve my mood.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

I'll vote for anyone who can improve my mood.
I suggest you read the greatest comic ever.

Posted at

Three runners should suffice. Since the current game just ended, I'm officially opening up the polls. You can now vote for your favorite candidate.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Tehrealtj, I dunno, that seemed a bit insincere!

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

got my narrative!!

It was late. Product Placement was hurrying back home as quickly as he could, avoiding long shadows and dark places. He didn’t understand how he could’ve let himself lose time like that. Sure, blowing up things over by the deserted mafia lands was a kick, but the present danger of those fiendish monsters roaming the streets killing and converting the good people of Townston… Well that should’ve been a more pressing concern, he thought to himself.

Suddenly a figure darted in front of him knocking him off balance.

“WHAAAA-!!” shrieked Product Placement scrambling to get back up.

“Whoa, sorry fella’ didn’t see you there… Well, here, I’ma jus’ help you up and there ya go!”

“O-my-gosh-I’m-dead-so-dead!!”

“Now calm down fella’ I’m jus’ a normal guy jus’ like you. An’t nothing murderous about me.”

“That’s what they all say and then you die! So what are you? Vampire? Werewolf? Ug- Zombie?”

“Me? I’m just an insurance-“

Suddenly Product knew that he was face to face with a fate worse than anything a mere monster could accomplish. If he didn’t think fast he knew that he would be shoulder up in papers claiming to protect him from earthquakes, floods, termites… Everything really, except monsters.

“Oh no! I left my very important document signing super duper black ink pen at my office! I better go get it right now while you wait right here!” said Product Placement acting as distressed as he could. “I’ll be right back!”

He got outta there so fast that a comical dust cloud formed in place where he had stood to the amazement of the insurance salesman. A few blocks over completely out of breath with his heart beating a million miles an hour Product Placement sat down on a conveniently placed park bench.

“My, that was a close one”

“It…Gasp… was…” huffed Product completely winded and not paying much heed to his surroundings.

“Your heart looks like its pounding right out of your chest. You should just rest.”

“Ye..(huff) yeah..”

“Yes, you rest right there and I’ll suck out all that delicious blood”

“Wha-!” Product Placement turned to look at this stranger too late, it gripped his shoulders bent his head and sank its fangs ferociously into his neck lapping his blood greedly- Product’s heart pumping the valuable meal right into the vampire’s mouth.

“Ah. Thank you for the meal. Now you just rest right here, alright?” The creature laughing faded into the shadows as quickly and quietly as it had come…

PRODUCT PLACEMENT the TOWNIE is DEAD!!

Clues:
[spoiler] Acting- I said I enjoying acting on my profile
quietly- i say on my profile i am a quiet person
Completely out of breath- I help out a comic called running on empty (also possible red herring) [/spoiler]

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

My workload has picked up again, so I wont be running. Hell, I might not even be playing.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

well, I know who's got my vote.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I have to back rokulily I think.
Her art in the last game (and helping me forefill my goal of lynching the only obviously innocent townie) shouldbe rewarded!

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

When will people learn?
Democracy just doesn't work!

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

When will people learn?
Democracy just doesn't work!

Agreed, comrade!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

In a communist mafia game everyoen would get the same role, and that role would be pretty crappy.
There would be no major or pardoner, but the GM would choose to have a player shot/sent to Siberia ever day phase.

The bad guys who be greedy capitalists who would exploit a worker to death and have to be stopped….
DAMN!
I need to make that game!
it soudns socialism-tastic!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

*recoils from the power of randomdudes biting political satire*

Obama is a nazi, communist, Islamic terrorist, God hating atheist, peace nik, warmongering racist who wants to destroy America….

Or the second coming of Jesus Christ, depending on who you talk too.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.