Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Introducing sign-ups for MYSTERY MAFIA!

The roles are the traditional roles but there are just a few changes.

Going in blind: No one, not even the mafia will know their roles until after day one. This is to make the chance of the mayor being mafia more randomized. If a mafia becomes mayor, it is purely due to chance.

Beefed up security in town hall: The detective can only get into town hall once. He can only investigate the mayor or the pardoner but not both.

The Paranoid needs to see a psychologist: The paranoid is unaware of the fact that he has an alter ego. He will not know that he is paranoid and think he is just a townie.

Cycles will start at 6pm CST except on Wednesday where it will be an hour earlier (I have to be at work at 5).

Also, due to a request from some people wanting to play but can't because of scheduling problems. Night actions will still go in the order I receive them, but where I start in the list is randomized.

Because of the eventual site freeze,the sign ups will seem to run a little longer than usual. I do not know when they will end at this point. It really depends on how many people sign up. I would say next Saturday at 6 CST at the latest.

Signed Up:

1. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner and bringer of blood baths
2. gullas the impaler
3. Product Placement the Game Master
4. seventy2
5. I Am The 1337 Master
6. GarBonzo Bean
7. Salsa the luckless
8. Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
9. harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing and furry pusher
10. Randomdudeperson
11. rokulily the minister of cuteness
12. [url=http://user.drunkduck.com/Devastator ChanDevastator Chan
13. same
14. Theskunktrainer

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Here are the roles:

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 2, ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Once in the game, he can declare a holiday were nobody gets lynched. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. (Might delete this role and just give the Pardoner and Mayor extra lives instead)

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill up to two people of your choice during the night phase. You cannot use both at once and may wait to use them whenever you feel like. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret. If your hits ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day and you will be able to use it again. If your hit overlaps with another Vigilante I will cancel all other hits but the first one and will notify anyone whose hit didn't go through the following day and you will be able to use it again. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved, but I will let the Paramedic and the person saved know if they were targeted and saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. The paranoid due to his disorder, he thinks he is just a townie.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what role a specific person has. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

The Ripper
You get to kill two people per night. But there will always be a key word in all your kills. (Haven’t decided what is yet.)

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill who ever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Gullas, your friendly local butcher is here… and is more than ready to serve you fresh meat from yesterday's lynch or last night killing ^_^

Posted at

All right, I'm in but I better last longer then just a single turn, so no insta-lynching me.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

dibs on a place in this game.

Posted at

All right, I'm in but I better last longer then just a single turn, so no insta-lynching me.
Ah b..but with Crocty gone you were going to be my next insta-lynch target. Now who am I suppose to insta-lynch? WAIT! Can the mayor insta-lynch himself?! >XD

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'm in. Probably won't be able to do much.

Posted at

I'm in!

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

I'll play

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I'm soooo in its not even furry.

fixed

Posted at

*sigh* TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH!!! I couldn't find this page, but then Niccea sent me the address. Anyways, I'm in.

Posted at

Everyone! This is a heads up that I will be running for Pardoner. Why? Because it has been a long time since I've been Pardoner and I miss the UNTOLD POWER!

That being said I would like to give my support to Hark for Mayor! Why cause I want a raving loon in office! And I mean raving loon only in the best way possible :D

Posted at

Everyone! This is a heads up that I will be running for Pardoner. Why? Because it has been a long time since I've been Pardoner and I miss the UNTOLD POWER!

That being said I would like to give my support to Hark for Mayor! Why cause I want a raving loon in office! And I mean raving loon only in the best way possible :D

0.o Whats with all the ppl running BEFORE we get our roles? *scratches head*

0.0 Oh, yeah, forgot! lol *blushes and tries to run away, but trips over someone*

gullas
gullas
Posted at

0.0 Oh, yeah, forgot! lol *blushes and tries to run away, but trips over someone*

HEY, WATCH IT!

Posted at

Omg, i finally found a signups to one of the mafia games.

SIGN ME UP PLIZ

Posted at

HEY, WATCH IT!

You know, the funny thing was that I ALMOST specificaly said I tripped over you! FREAKY!!!

Posted at

Then in please.

Yeah, this game is as close to the normal version as we're going to get! lol

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.