1 Veteran
7 Townie

Criminals:
Mafia:
1 Godfather
1 Mad Hatter
2 Hitman

1 Serial Killer
(1 hitman, 1 townee, and 1 paramedic were removed from the game)

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
First act!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player as soon as he's elected. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. (be forewarned if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.)
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets one vote for each lynch going on.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Pro Town:
To win, you must kill/lynch all Mafia, and the serial killer. Good luck.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

Vigilante
You are the self proclaimed hero of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits in one night must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many criminals voted in it. This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townee!
Work Hard so your Vigilante and detective doesn't have to! You get to vote for lynches, and solve clues left in narrations.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and the serial killer. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Horseheaded: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed, but he can not solve clues either, as he's out of town. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad hatter loses that bomb. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to shoot somebody in the eye. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLER
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to cause as much chaos as possible. To win, everyone must DIE
——

Clues will be from the profile of players, Avatars, First 5 pages of their comics, and comic thumbnails. (not from author notes). And very little based on their in thread actions.

Actions/Votes must be sent in by 2300 GMT/1700 CST with narrations being approximately 1800 CST/0001 GMT

When it comes to 2 party killing actions (Player A wants to kill Player B and B wants to kill A) The first person to get their action in, wins.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Opening Narration

Salsa was happy. He had legally and legitimately won a position for the first time in his life. Even better, it was the place of President. Here he could direct every movement, and monitor every crime from any city, including his mafia controlled home town of Townston.

Recently a vital witness had been found dead in his very own hospital bed, and shortly thereafter, the mayor had been murdered.
[spoiler]
TOWNSTON HAS BEGUN NEW MAYORIAL ELECTIONS!![/spoiler]

“Time to call in some favors” Salsa whispered as he stretched out. “But first, what is the whirring sound?”
Suddenly all of Salsa's 72 computers and monitors crashed! He looked around…”All…all my favors and known suspects were on those computers! I can't be president if I can't control anyone! I….I QUIT!”

[spoiler] Salsa gave up the most prestigious position in the world, and moved back to Townston, in time for the elections[/spoiler]

1. shirkersama the townee killed in his sleep night 3
2. Red Slayer
3. TheFlyingGreenMonkey has too many damn titles The paranoid, lynched day 3
4. Anthony Mercer the Emotional Lurker the townee the body guard, killed in a car accident night 3
5. ayesinback the medic pushed off a building night 2
6. harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and the Furry Pusher
7. Niccea the great Deceiver and the Keeper of Records Townee, Instalynched
8. D_Dude
9.Asmun The Townee serially killed night 2
10.rokulily the Minister of Cuteness
11.I Am The 1337 Master the Goddamn Batman and the Anti-Roku, or something like that.
12.Product Placement the Game Master The Townee, killed night 1
13.Randomdudeperson the Confusing the townee the body guard, shot night 2
14.gullas the Impaler and the Terrible Gambler the townee, painted to death night 3
15.Mettaur the madhatter, the inactive lynched day 3
16.Salsa The luckless The Detective hung by the Godfather night 1
17.KomradeDave The hitman picked the wrong person to kill night 2

MAYORAL VOTE COUNT.

Harkovast 7
gullas
D_Dude
Harkovast
Poster bonus (+1)
shirkersama
ayesinback
ProductPlacement

The eared one (niccea) 4
Niccea
KomradeDave
Poster bonus (+1)
Anthony Mercer

Salsa 2
Salsa
Randomdudeperson

ayesinback 0
Poster bonus (-1)
I Am The 1337 Master

Day 1

Night 1

Day 2 Double Lynch Votes

Harkovast 5
TheFlyinggreenmonkey
Asmun
Gullas
I AM the 1337 Master
Komrade Dave

I AM the 1337 Master 4
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyinggreenmonkey
Asmun
Gullas

Randomdudeperson 4
I AM the 1337 Master
ayesinback
Anthony Mercer
Komrade Dave

D_Dude 2
Anthony Mercer
ayesinback

Day 2
Night 2

Day 3 Double Lynch Votes

The Flying Green Monkey 4
I Am The 1337 Master
Harkovast
Seal of the Mayor +1
D_Dude

Mettaur 4
I Am The 1337 Master
Harkovast
Seal of the mayor +1
anthony mercer

Harkovast 3
The flying Green Monkey
D_Dude
Anthony mercer

I Am The 1337 Master 2
The Flying Green Monkey
Shirkersama

D_Dude 1
Shirkersama

Day 3
Night 3

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Finally!

Okay – I'll start things off.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'd also like to run for mayor. Bonus?

I can make sure the pardoner isn't going to stab us in the back.

GO TOWNIES.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

True, but I'm also the detective.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I am also the detective.
Only I am better at it than Salsa.
His detectiving is crappy.
He is like the murder she wrote to my sherlock homes.
I am the Columbo of DD!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Oh I see where this is going. Hark claims his the detective after I claimed it and one of us gets lynched! Well, I'm on to you Mister Stribley. And while you sleep in your home across the ocean…

I'll be waiting,

watching,

monitoring your every move.

Then one day…

you'll log on and find that what you hold most dear about your existence in this small corner of the web has been utterly,

irrevocably,

RUINED!

So go ahead and say you're the Detective, We both know that's a lie, and when the day comes, it'll come from nowhere, like a bolt of lightning.

And.

You.

Will.

Be.

Crushed.

CRUSHED!

like a pathetic little kitten in the way of a tank tread and the ground!

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Well, guess it's time to open up my meatshop once again.
Today's special, Mayoral lynch-roast : 50lb of pure lynched townie for 5,99 TD!

Also I fully support Harkovast, not as the detective but as a good friend who's always ready for some harking and fingerpointing. God bless him, for he's a true Townstonian-patriot!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well. Would anyone be considering voting the eared one for mayor? I promise we will get them mean ol' mafia.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I bet it'll end up being you Salsa with the obvious rate we kill hark at.
:)

Yep and you guys are out of a detective.

In hind sight this was probably a stupid idea.

I can't be on constantly to ensure my unsure victory.

Oh well, maybe the medics will believe me.

Posted at

Regardless of who is who, I vote for Salsa, due to the fact that he has the balls to verbally attack Hark in such a manner. As long as he keeps it up, I'll be happy.

Oh, dont just pick on Hark, verbally rape everyone :)

Posted at

Niccea

Posted at

As the secret patron dinosaur saint of mafia, I shan't forsake those who don't make election posters! (Although if it's unfair to the people who did make posters it's cool if they don't count, since they'll still count SYMBOLICALLY. -high five-)

(Gullas isn't even running, I think! It's just nice to see him playing again.)

(He looks so dapper.)

(Alternative title: I WAS A TEENAGE THALIDOMIDE BABY)

Oh, dont just pick on Hark, verbally rape everyone :)
And Ran gets the secret masochist award/hat.

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

In these dark times, we need someone who knows how the criminal mind works.
We need someone who isn't afraid of pointing fingers at random people in a fit of paranoia.

We need…

HARKOVAST!

gullas
gullas
Posted at

purrty picture

aaaw, thank you Ochi. But I'm fairly sure that I'll be dead in a round or two :P

Posted at

-Looks at Gullas and Harkovast-

…Are you guys doing the sign thing again?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

(Although if it's unfair to the people who did make posters it's cool if they don't count, since they'll still count SYMBOLICALLY. -high five-)
Well, I made a poster and it did count, in the negative. I was wondering how that would be scored.

Request for clarification: is saying you're the detective the same as saying "I'm running for mayor"? This Harkovast phenom all rolled into a body of government is intriguing to me, let alone a "sign thing" between a Brit and an Icelander —probably not ASL. But did the cat actually say he's running?

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

But did the cat actually say he's running?

Now that you mention it, he didn't.

Oh well.

Vote Harkovast!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Thanks ochi. I'll be using that when I can switch avatars again.

@Ran (I hereby second that as Randomdudeperson's nickname): ReallY? You really want me to make the more tender hearted players cry? I mean look at Rokulily and tell me that you'd make me make her cry.

But I guess we can put our differences aside, for science, and a townie victory…

you monster…

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Okay, its time to give the people what they want!

I am throwing in my hat for the mayoral race.
Vote fast and vote vast.

Why should you vote for me?
Well I was going to post a rude song about penises from youtube, but the embed function isn't working.
So in the mean time, remember that I alone in all of DD mafia have never been lynched and have never lied to you all.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.