Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Since my (Awsum) game is now over its time to pass on the sacred title of GM to another. So get to work both potential GM's and voters.

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

And If I don't like a concept you will be required to alter it to my wishes!

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

"Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm."

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.

same
same
Posted at

May not run since im a bad GM but would anyone play a megaman mafia?
4 robot masters and a mad doctor vs megapeeps.
Roles would look like this:

Townie:

Doctor Light: Mayor
Roll: Pardoner
Megaman: Vig
Protoman: Vig
Various mans: Townies
Eddie: Paramedic
Duo: Vet
Mettaur(Now you know where his username came from): Paranoid

Anti Townie:
Dr Wily: Godfather
Bombman: Mad hatter
Other robot masters(let them choose which or even just make up their own. Hardly gonna matter): Hitmen

Serial Killers:
Bass and Treble.

Narration would sound like this.

Megaman warped into Kroatzman's facility. The terrain was a lava filled factory built at the side of a volcano. Various obstacles stood in his way. He Jumped over molten lava, blasted enemies and climbed various ladders. Making his way to the boss room he charged his buster. The doors open with a screech. He made his way into the room readying a charged shot. Kroatzman appeared and his life bar filled as he stood in a dramatic pose. Dootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdootdoot. His lifebar was full. Megaman released his charged shot hitting kroatzman in the face.

"HEY! No fair! You shouldn't have a charged shot ready as soon as you enter the boss room!" Kroatzman said as he jumped up to the ceiling.
Megaman readied another "Ill do what i want. I am the mother fuckin' megaman!"
Kroatzman blasted a kroatz shot at megaman knocking him back. "HA!"
Megaman stopped moving for a second. Kroatzman was also unable to move.
"UNPAUSE!!" Kroatzman shouted as he looked at his watch.
Megaman changed color. He began blasting cakes at Kroatzman.
"Where did you get that!?" He said as he dodged the projectile cake.
"I beat Rokuwoman first!"
He blasted a cake that struck Kroatzman right in the torso. His lifebar was finished. He exploded into lots of little circles. His last words were "Only a kid uses strategy guides!"

I am the mother fucking megaman = You can guess who i assigned to megaman.
Kroatzman was just what i chose to call kroatz since this was just a sample narration.

This was for entertainment purposes only.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

..awesome

But I'm still going to run. Later, maybe. But If I wouldn't run, I would vote for that awesome game of awesome.

..awesome.

Posted at

No I wouldn't really want to do a Megaman styled thing.
Or a certain comic/cartoon/video game/whatever styled game at all.

I can't run until I go to college.
So a couple years.

I hate that I busy myself that much.

I want to be the veteran again this game.

Posted at

No I wouldn't really want to do a Megaman styled thing.
Or a certain comic/cartoon/video game/whatever styled game at all.

I agree. It's better when people don't make games only fans of the subject will get.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Hrmph, I need a new idea then. How about Townston after a disaster? The buildings are rubble, the Mafia and convicts have escaped from the prison, natural disasters and stuff. hows that?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Yep.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

You guys killed Mafia.
Especially Same.

same
same
Posted at

Shut your dutch face.

Well im not playing anymore anyway so i dont really care. Im working on a comic and trying not to half ass it. Also it was just a suggestion. Another idea i had was generic video game mafia. No actual use of "You need to know this about this to play." But since it seems like a faggy enough idea i think ill just leave it in the back of my mind where it'll eventually float off back into space with my knowledge of algebra and chemistry.

Posted at

You guys killed Mafia.
Especially Same.
Define "you guys"… cause I'm gunna just run with only a minor change to the basics…

Mafia XXXV: Babes, Booze, and bullets!
Basic Game, 1920's flavor.
New roles:
Townie Flapper Girl: Can cancel the powers of one individual a night by… er, distracting them with her shocking disregard for 1920's social restrictions Bare ankles? THAT HARLOT!.

Townie Detective: In addition to previous powers he can now do his job and shoot the gangsters… by which I mean if he doesn't investigate during the night, he can kill.

Mafia Bootlegger: Beyond the goon powers he can recruit one other player to the mafia team. Requires me to invite said player, and the invited player WILL know who did the inviting. if accepted, the invited player becomes a goon in ADDITION to their existing role (kill powers DON'T stack so no double kills)

Serial Murderer Town Drunk: A econd serial murderer that has a second night life that recharges after two days (ie loses it night 1, comes back night 3).

Role count (if you voting, I assume you are WELL aware how the roles not mention above work by now):
1 mayor
1 pardoner

1 detective
1 flapper
1 paranoid
1 vigilante
1 veteran
2 medics

1 don
2-3 goons
1 mad bomber
1 bootlegger

1 serial murderer
1 town drunk

Narration:
The night was young and swingin' as the detective took to the streets. While Townston cut up the rug with crazy things like the Charleston and the newest craze of jazz, HE had a job to do. He banged on the door to Ninja's place. He got the usual panel slide.
"Passwoyd?"
"The dumb-Dora Double-Crossed the Drug-Store Cowboy"
"K, daddy-o yer cool. But don't go takin' wooden nickles in here, eh?"
The detective nodded and walked in. He didn't plan to do anything stupid, although he couldn't speak for the hood he'd be meeting. He sauntered over to the table of Ninja's main supplier; Same.
"Got a warrant fer your arrest. You're coming with me one way or another pal" the detective spat.
"Beat it gumshoe. I got some serious pull with th' big cheese now, so unless you gotta pretty little broad for me, I ain't goin' nowhere!" Same proudly proclaimed.
"Fine, if you really don't wanna come with me, I'll send ya care o' Satan." Same barely had time to decipher the detective's threat before he hit the ground.
[spoiler]Same the Bootlegger DIDN'T shoot first… or at all[/spoiler]
As Kroatz walked up to his victim he saw a shadow fly at him,
"NOT THE BOOZE!" his attacker roared. Kroatz tried to point his gun for a shot but the attacker was already on top of him. The two hit the ground with a bang and the gun flew from Kroatz's hand. The attacker through a swing at Kroatz who easily countered it.
"Listen, I don't wanna fill out the paper work for two, so just back off ya crazy Palooka!"
"I got a game fer ya, Dick. I call it… ROOSHAMBO!" The man cried and his foot flew into Kroatz's groin. Kroatz collapsed into a heap as he assailant approached for the finisher.
"My only regret, is not killing Mettaur…" Kroatz spat his last words as the attacker pointed Kroatz's own gun at him.
[spoiler]Kroatz the detective was bumped off[/spoiler]

Clues:
"saw a shadow fly at him": its my goddammed name
"NOT THE BOOZE!" I'm the town drunk
"I got a game" My comic Canadian Gamers

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Woah…this is such a awesome design, and more mobster type with the proper time setting. NINJA! He has my vote!

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

Yes. I will. Everyone else should do so as well.

Posted at

I'm voting for Jay!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Well.
Ehm…
I'm gonna wait with the election until there are at least two good ideas.

Posted at

I would also like to declare my intention to vote for jninjashadow.

Posted at

So… um… really? NO ONE else wants to run?

same
same
Posted at

Or will I?

Im running. Heres my games rules.

Mafia XXXV: What the hells going on with this game.
Roles:
In a game of 19 players the roles would look like this.
Townie:
Townie x 1

Anti Townie:
Godfather x 1
Hitman x 15
Madhatter x 1

Serial killer x 1

Once it reaches day 2 everyone dies of radiation poisoning.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Um, I can put up something later, but lets face that it's so awesome, I'll probably not even have my own vote. I even got a mobster avi ready.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.