Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Man eaten by alligator

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Today, on fathers day, a young man was eaten by an alligator in the pearl river here in my lovely state of Mississipi, about 20-30 minutes from where i live.

As soon as the news story gets on the website i'll link it, but I am completely at a loss for how something like this could happen. I have not ever heard of anything like this happening in…well a really really really long time.

Any thoughts? Similar situations? This is just awful!

Posted at

Honestly I haven't heard of a kid being eaten by anything in while. I remember a guy getting crushed by a trained bear or the attack on Roy (of Siegfried & Roy) by one of their white tigers a few years ago.

But in this case I can't help but wonder where the parents where when all of this happened. There are just some "accidents" that aren't always accidental.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

In Australia here people are taken by big salt-water crocodiles… they really are very dangerous. I imagine Alligators are much the same. Best to stay well away from places or bodies of water where you know them to be.

da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

I remember on the news a while back there was a story of a toddler getting mauled to death by a dog.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

In Australia here people are taken by big salt-water crocodiles… they really are very dangerous. I imagine Alligators are much the same. Best to stay well away from places or bodies of water where you know them to be.

Good advice. I stay away from large bodies of water and rivers as well. There was a shark attack in the mainland U.S. a while back. What people thought was a great white attacking people in a river could've been a bull or tiger shark; I know one of those shark types have the ability to swim in both fresh and salt water and they eat ANYTHING!

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

People should be eaten by animals more often… god knows we eat an extraordinary ammount of them. It's time for mother nature to even the score a little!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

People should be eaten by animals more often…
Ugh, bestiality!

That's what Marmite brings you too. :(

Posted at

Damn Marmite!!!!

Posted at

Man sorry that his family has to deal with that. You know for a fact he did not die in peace. How did it happen did? Well that last time I saw an gator attack was on tv when he pit off a guys arm and kept rolling and rolling tell it came off. OMG. again what a sad story

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My sister had her hand bitten by a crocodile just a couple of weeks ago. They couldn't get it to let go and it was jammed in there for ages…
I can't remember how she said they got it out in the end, but I think they released the croc afterwards.

-It was a fairly young croc she and some friends had caught at a waterhole. I'd say it served her right that she was bitten. Crocs are protected here, unless they start stalking humans.

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Talking about Australia, when I was their our guide told us the most people get killed by sharks in Australia than anywhere else in the world. I refused to go to the beach after…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Talking about Australia, when I was their our guide told us the most people get killed by sharks in Australia than anywhere else in the world. I refused to go to the beach after…
I don't actually know if that's true though, you know? I hear there are actually more attacks amd deaths in the U.S. than anywhere else, and South Africa has it's share. I mean, it makes sense in that in the U.S. there are over 300 million people and only 20 million here…

Maybe there are more attacks or deaths in Australia when you look at the ratios of attacks to population numbers though? That again would make sense in that a greater proportion of the population here live on the coast, there's more coast and the waters are less fished. :)

fire1337
fire1337
Posted at

Oh, whoa. And on Father's day? That must really suck!
Was he doing something with his dad?

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

One thing I DO know about wildlife in australia is that alot of Babies get stolen by DINGOS!!!

Here in New Zealand I think we have the most peaceful wildlife in the world… in fact our most dnagerous critters are fucking possums and stoats… not very frightening really.

herio
herio
Posted at

Ugh, bestiality!

That's what Marmite brings you too. :(
i think you mean vore

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ugh, bestiality! That's what Marmite brings you too. :(
i think you mean vore
…There are different definitions for "eat" ;)

Posted at

This thread just took a very disturbing turn.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

This thread just took a very disturbing turn.
As minister of Sleaze, I approve this turn.

Posted at

I think the worse part of living in Australia are the drop bear attacks. My friend was eaten by a drop bear. So was his friend. It was actually by the same dropbear, too. At the same time.

Poor dropbear must've been stuffed.

Posted at

Maybe it would've been smart to stay AWAY from the crocodile infested river?

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Haha, an alligator ate him.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Look on the bright side… at least he wasn't eaten by a Giant South American Catfish… :)

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

On the bright side, it's not hungry anymore.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.