Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Manga Artist Needed

Posted at

You may possibly be looking for someone with a little bit more skill. But I figure I might as well try asking if I'm up to your standards. I found two things on my comp and made a deviant art account to be able to show you them real quick. I tried to scan more in but the scanner is on my roommate's mac and which I'm not real familiar with and couldn't figure out how to scan more things in for you right now.
This is said account http://captainkickas.deviantart.com/
I've been trying to write a webcomic for a while now, but can't write anything I like, so I'm very interested in drawing something for someone else.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

What's it about/how long is it?

SplashPage
SplashPage
Posted at

Well, I don't want to give too much of the story away, but it's a steampunk miniseries set in world somewhat similar to a futuristic version of 19th Century Russia. The basic plot is that during a large State Gala there is a kidnapping, a group of revolutionaries storm the event and capture the Governor's daughter and a young musician who was invited to play at the event. The story focuses on the musician as he tries to help save the governor's daughter and bring her back to the governor. Ultimately though, he discovers that the revolutionaries were never after the governor's daughter at all. But I don't want to spoil things, so I'll just stop there. This is a very basic breakdown of the story, so there's more to it than that, but hopefully that's enough to just give you a general idea of what the story is about.

As far as length, I've got the story mapped out to run anywhere between 96-120 pages (3 or 4 issues if it goes to print). So it's a little long in webcomic standards and would require a bit of a commitment on the artists part, but hopefully that won't deter anyone who might be interested.

Posted at

I'm still very interested if you'd let me try to see if I'm up to your standard. I know I've responded to other peoples threads who were looking for an artist too, but I've spent most my time outside work trying to draw a webcomic, and I have the dedication to work on more then one if two people respond saying they'd let me draw the comic for them. I'd also really like to get started on drawing, but need a script or storyboard to work from.
So would you like to give it a shot?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.