Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2009/06/25/open-thread-michael-jackson-cardiac-arrest/

Earlier today Michael Jackson was send to the hospital for a cardiac arrest. Severl sources are declaring the 50 year-old singer dead, while others (notably CNN) has his condition as being in a coma.

I for one dont care how many kids he possibly diddled, this guy is one of the greatest artists to ever live. His work is both imaginative, powerful, and inspirational. It would be sad to see him go, as with Michael's passing, a part of music will forever die too.

Here's hoping he pulls through.

EDIT:

Michael Jackson is offically dead.

skoolmunkee edit: any replies along the lines of child molesting pedo hur hur will be deleted without mercy. I'm sure there will be enough of that elsewhere, we don't need it here.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

He was only 50. It doesnt matter who you are, when 25 is your midlife, that's just damn sad.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Seriously? Holy crap.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

he has just passed.if he was in a coma, he probably went peacefully. god take him well and condolenses and comfort to those who loved him.

Posted at

I hated (most of) his music before all the controversy started. But still, it sucks that he died so young.

Posted at

It is crazy he died, but he was freaking weird as hell. A generation of children are safe from his wandering hands. Is it really that shocking that he died? He has looked dead for years.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

It is crazy he died, but he was freaking weird as hell. A generation of children are safe from his wandering hands. Is it really that shocking that he died? He has looked dead for years.

It's not too shocking he died, there were reports of complications for a while now. Just as well, the constant surgery and poor diet, as well as the constant hounding from fans and people out for a quick buck with a bag of lies probably raised his stress levels to where his frail body just couldnt take it anymore.

The sad thing about this is that stress is the most likely factor in his death, coming from people who - as you put it - just cant keep their hands to themselves.

EDIT: Correction, I guess his heart condition was not apparent. I'm probably thinking of another celebrity. I tend to avoid the news, so some of my posts are going to be very inaccurate, my apologies.

Posted at

Every time a celebrity dies I can't help but wonder if they faked their death. How brilliant would it have been if he did. Can you imagine how well his music and merchandise is going to sell now. But with MJ I really think he died.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Every time a celebrity dies I can't help but wonder if they faked their death. How brilliant would it have been if he did. Can you imagine how well his music and merchandise is going to sell now. But with MJ I really think he died.

I dont think he quite had the money to pull something like this off. He was getting far into debt near the end there.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Agree with SarahN, the news is going to be all over this like flies on anna nicole smith.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Well, at least his suffering is over. He's been in the public eye since he was a child. I don't think he got a lot of private moments to himself. That would stress anybody out I think…

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Agree with SarahN, the news is going to be all over this like flies on anna nicole smith.

*BADUM-TISH*

Yeah as much as I like Jackson I can see this (like Ledger and Nicole's deaths before it) eventually getting on my nerves with the sheer repetition that the media will be sure to handle it with.

At least there wont be any post-death trial. That was just the worst.

EDIT: Ok so now he's not officially dead, but still pretty much dead.

EDIT EDIT: Ok NOW it's confirmed.

Posted at

He truly was The King of Pop…

Creepy but talented…

humorman
humorman
Posted at

…or Ed McMahon?

Posted at

To be fair, she was a little before many DD users' time.

MJ had about a million people hoping to see him in concert next month. (Someone's going to have to foot the bill for those refunds.)

I can't muster much sympathy for the guy, he had really taken his life in an out of control direction and it seemed like each year he made worse decisions and did crazier things. I imagine his life reached a point where he was so sheltered or insulated from the everyday world that he was totally alienated from it, supported by enablers and various fantasies. He deserves human empathy but part of me kind of wonders (however morbidly) that maybe it's better that he died than have his life spiral out even farther into the caricatured version of ultra celebrity weirdness he already was.

I'll probably spend some time tomorrow youtubing all his music videos I can think of, though. I loved his music back in the day.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Yeah the latest over here is that Jeff Goldblum has fallen 60 metres to his death on locatiuon in New Zealand… but I think it's a hoax…

later this afternoon Spielberg plans to be squashed by a giant robot that turns into a truck!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Ugh, will you all stop with the "Lol he's a paedophile."
They found him innocent, I think that kinda proves he's innocent. Even so, it's really disrespectful.

;~; Good night, sweet prince.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

I just hope they don't go all Lady Di over Jacko… let him just be gone i say! I'm pretty sure he'd want to be left alone in death. Fat chance though huh!

Posted at

Yeah the latest over here is that Jeff Goldblum has fallen 60 metres to his death on locatiuon in New Zealand… but I think it's a hoax…

It's a hoax. Apparently the originating site is just a script that will insert a name you put in the URL into the same news story. (I almost fell for it myself!)

Posted at

They found him innocent, I think that kinda proves he's innocent. Even so, it's really disrespectful.

No they didn't, he settled it out of court with the family (i.e. he bribed them). Unless there was a second trail that I'm unaware of.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

No they didn't, he settled it out of court with the family (i.e. he bribed them). Unless there was a second trail that I'm unaware of.
Hmm? I remember seeing it on TV, they were announcing he was innocent.

Or maybe that was something else…
Even so, the family wouldn't accept a bribe, or let it drop if he was fumbling their children.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

To be fair, she was a little before many DD users' time.

Mocking your elders again young lady? Why I'll tell you a thing or two about respecting old timers like Wacko Jacko, just as soon as I get my teeth in.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.