Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

So I got my Religious Education exam results in the post today. B. Not bad, could do better. Then I look closer. These are the result for 'Alex Quang'.

Damn. They've done it again.

My name is Antony Quang. My cousin is Alex Quang. Our dates of birth are three days apart. We're in the same school. And the same grade. See where this is going? This last school year in particular, there has been numerous occasions where we've been mixed up for the others. I've been called Alex more times than I remember. A lot of conversations with teachers include their apologies for mixing us up. And the most annoying thing is that we don't even look alike are are very different. He's a Mario and I'm a Luigi if you compare us in size. He enjoys listening to Red Hot Chilli Peppers while my mp3 players has a ton of JRock. It's getting on my nerves now. Really.

Argh.

Rant over.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Ha.

I also go to school with a relative, but I'm a 5'10 Russian, and he's a 6'0 Puerto Rican. And we have differant last names. So, as you can guess, we've never had mix-up problems before. But, I have had many teachers say to me, "Brandon Wargo? Is Joshua Wargo your brother?"

And then I always say the stupidest thing ever, "Yes."

And then they just have a weird look on their faces, but I can tell they're thinking, "I now hate you with ever fiber of my soul, and will do my best to make this year a living hell for you."

Story-time over.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

The school system has never been one to verify ones individuality Alex er I mean Antony

You can't tell me you didn't see that comming

mlai
mlai
Posted at

That's one of the coolest pictures I've seen recently. LOL it's even got Avatar in there! Saved!

Well, for the longest time (years), I thought Evil Emperor Nick is the guy who drew 99 Demons. They both liked my comic FIGHT; the guy who drew 99 Demons drew a guest page for FIGHT. I could swear his name is also Evil Emperor or something. Nick, even.

Somehow I got 2 fans rolled together into one superfan in my head. Like Voltron!

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Don't worry Alex, I'm sure they're intentions are pure.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

I've talked to Anto- Alex, it turns out that I got an A.

Grats. Now go rub salt in the wounds.

Posted at

Well, for the longest time (years), I thought Evil Emperor Nick is the guy who drew 99 Demons. They both liked my comic FIGHT; the guy who drew 99 Demons drew a guest page for FIGHT. I could swear his name is also Evil Emperor or something. Nick, even.

Big Evil, Matt Genier. Wonder what he's up to nowadays.

Fitz
Fitz
Posted at

Back in junior highschool there were these two chicks in my class, same first name, same last name. Then, when I was in high school, there was this case of a brutal kidnapper/killer by the same first and last name.

Posted at

I went to all the same schools as my brother only 3 years afterward. And he was a horrible student, and I look just like him!

So the teachers by proxy hated me. WONDERFUL!

joe_vee
joe_vee
Posted at

that's life as an asian for you ><. Especially if you got to a UC school, I can't take three steps without running into a look alike :P.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Hahaha I've never ever been mistaken for someone else.

…mostly because no one cares about me. D:

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Stop lying, Myxo.

marine
marine
Posted at

Stop lying, Myxo.

Shut up Dagon.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Shut up Dagon.
No you, Vin Diesel.

Posted at

A girl and I shared similar names back in high school. We're both Asian but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

There's been a few times throughout the years where we would get mixed up. Sometimes the PA system would mangle the last name and we weren't sure whose name they mangled. One time I had a teacher come up to me offering sympathies for my grandfather. Except it wasn't my grandfather that passed away so I had this confused look on my face while she did that. No big deal but yeah~

mlai
mlai
Posted at

That's what you get for having the most common first name in the USA.
Oh, but you're not USAmerican. Close enough.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Well, good thing you won't get to such situation like Paul Merton in China.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

People call me Terminal in the streets all the time.

herio
herio
Posted at

That sucks I get my last name confused all the time Andresen and Anderson get confused all the time its sen not son

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Religious Education? Man, that sounds like a barrel of laughs. Is it comparative religion or more of a "This is Jesus. He is the son of God. You will pray to him. These are the 10 Commandments. You will follow them."?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.