Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Music question....

Polkster
Polkster
Posted at

What's the term for the part of a musical composition where you have a relatively calm melody (doodoodooodododoooodooo…) and then suddenly it breaks into a really fast, frantic, energetic rhythm, (…DANDANANANANANADANDAN…). It's not a crescendo because you build up to a crescendo.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

izzami modio

Polkster
Polkster
Posted at

A Google search yielded nothing about that term. I'm sure if it were correct it would be on Wikipedia.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

A Google search yielded nothing about that term. I'm sure if it were correct it would be on Wikipedia.

I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Wikipedia doesn't have all the answers.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Not this time.

Posted at

Have you tried looking up a list of musical terms and looking through them til you find the one you want? Just checking. :]

Anyway, I had a look on wikipedia and what you want will probably be something like this:

"diminuendo poi subito fortissimo, for example: getting softer then suddenly very loud" - although there are a number of terms for fast, faster and louder, etc and I'm not a musical person so I can't advise there. I'm guessing what you want would be something like the translation of 'slow then suddenly fast'

Posted at

Well, I'm not a musical person, I dunno. :] There might just be one word for it, like there is for crescendo. Best bet would be to look over the wikipedia list of musical terms and see if there's one you think fits. I only looked over the list a litte and saw that one as an example similar to what you were describing.

Many musical terms are just Italian translations though, so the more you're trying to describe, the more words it will involve.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.