Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Need Artist For A Post-Apopolyptic Webcomic

Discet
Discet
Posted at

Need a Artist for a web comic I'm planing. I have a story in mind and a developed storyline. A general background story will be below.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-General Story-
The time is 2043, the world is the same as it ever was, the war and famine are abundant. The rich live well the poor live in poverty. All this was about to change. A new flu seemed to pop up in many of the northern countries; Canada, Russia, Scandinavia, even Scotland. No one thought much of it. It slowly made it's way through Europe, Asia, America then spread like wildfire through all countries. It wasn't concerning until those who first got infected started dieing off. Only those over the age of thirty-five died others simply got better. Soon nearly every world leader was on their death bed. Some nations went into chaos others improvised. Most first and second world nations kept it together. A congressmen was made leader of the free-world. For a year the world was stalled. Many thought it was over that they were safe. This was not the case, soon people who turned thirty-five showed the same symptoms, and died the same way. The Human lifespan had been cut. Dramatically. Still for a while it looked as if there could be some kind of normalcy to life.

Then came August 9th. The day the world died. Soon asylums were taking in many more they could hold, most charged with clinical depression. They were once again looked over as a natural thing. Many lost loved one why wouldn't people get depressed. Soon these people became crazed, angry… violent. It was deemed 'a mutation' to the virus that hit the world. It soon afflicted 60% of the population. Rioting became common place. They couldn't use any advanced weaponry and usually ended up simply grabbing a blunt object and beat their victims to death. Soon entire swaths of countries became wastelands of blood lust. Soon the world powers began to crumble from within. The DC, London, Paris, Moscow, Beijing, all burned to the ground. It seemed the only countries with any luck were those with Islands. They could eradicate their infected and be safe. The worlds light dimmed but was not snuffed. Soon the mainlands belonged to the infected, civilization lived on in the islands.

Civilization: A Eulogy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Specifics-
ok so I have a few places for this comic. I don't expect one artist to be able to handle them all. Their more general ideas that I would love to develop more no matter what is chosen.

~Idea One~
One that takes place in Europe 100 years after the infection. Most modern weapons have been made obsolete by the lack of raw material for ammo. The protagonist is a young thief named Leon Canal living in the capitol of the Republic. Venice. There are 4 other characters that will be introduced soon after.

~Idea Two~
This one takes place in the pacific and the wars all around 20 APZ. The US attempts to force their strength all around the pacific their holdings only consisting of Okinawa, the Hawaiian Islands, and Guam. They soon find themselves overextended. After a brutal 18 year war within itself, the Japanese has been able to cleanse Shikoku from the infected. They realize they can't seriously attack the larger islands without dealing with the Americans. The story starts on Iwo Jima where the Americans have been pushed into their last stand on Mt. Suribachi. The story fallows two young soldiers one US Army Machine gunner, Male; then one Japanese Infantrymen, Female.

~Idea Three~ (Underdeveloped)
A story that fallows some americans as the infection is just starting. (I don't really want to do this one, since it is the cliché)

I need an Artist for this project, I simply cannot draw worth a damn. Please if your interested post here/ send me a note

Asbin
Asbin
Posted at

The back story seems awesome, however, what exactly happens in present time in the story? (since you said it's post apocalyptic) I'm sure any artist may wanna know that detail

Discet
Discet
Posted at

Um… when you say present time, do you mean like, Now, like 2010, or present like when the main story takes place?

I'd be happy to go into detail if you want

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.