Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

It's always fun to laugh at behaviour that would classify us as a geek or some variant. Be it video games, comics, movies, anime, manga, etc. we all have done something a little 'Over the top'.

Me, it's hard to pin down anything, but the closest I can come up with is that last year, I had a choice between two types of medication. One that meant I couldn't go out into the sun, the other meant I'd have to get a lot of exercise. I chose the first so I'd have more time for my comics. (Starting to get myself off it though)

You guys?

marine
marine
Posted at

Downloading comic books. Actually sitting down and reading hundreds upon hundreds of back issues to Spider-man while my girlfriend and her best friend were at the house.

Man I feel stupid for doing that, but those books don't read themselves!

Protip: use torrents from zcult

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Downloading comic books.
And I can't thank you enough for all those Tank Girl comics man ^_^

For me… Getting the biggest post count here. I nerdified myself irredeemably in my eyes by that act.

Posted at

Hmm..
Having lengthy conversations about Terry Pratchett and World of Warcraft at work. And I mean discussing item stats and things. It's usually followed by an argument about whether or not the next Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is going to be awesome, or just good.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Beating up people who slag off Pokemon. And a frequent quoting of internet meme and 'lol'.

anystar
anystar
Posted at

I think..it would have to be..cosplaying Tifa Lockheart, and actually punching a dude during a photo-op.

But he asked me to punch him. I punched him with the camera-facing arm the first time, so he asked me to punch him again so the camera could get my face.

Ah, good times, good times.

Posted at

Hmmm… crying because a role play character died. That was something like 5 years ago, but since I needed to grieve for a fictional character, I guess that tops even my wearing the Indiana Jones hat. Hehe.

Posted at

I only listen to video game music.

Nothing else.

Posted at

well.. I guess the nerdiest thing I would had ever done was when I used to play everquest when I was in high school in a manner where I was REALLY INTO it… one time I played it for so long that when I logged off I was talking just like my role playing character. "I have to go to the great library of Bismarck! I've got to level up my chemistry knowledge as well as my mathematics skill, for the Homework Quest!"

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

I make bizarre jokes and references that most people don't get, except that ONE person in the back of the room who busts out laughing, and everyone looks at 'em like they're a freak.

I live for those moments.

That and I started getting into art to better draw my D&D characters because I was tired of relying on Morrowind screenshots, I guess that's pretty nerdy too, hahaha! :D

-Wing

Posted at

I R Nerdcore.

I was sitting here thinking of the Nerdiest things I have done.

Man…White and Nerdy by Weird Al…I swear, the dude made that song about my Life.

My Action figure Collection is Cherry.

I can read Java and some Klingon

I can recite the lines to the ENTIRE STARWARS SAGA.

I OWN 80s AD&D books.

I have been an AD&D "Dungeon Master"…AND have designed my own campaigns.

I only Buy Computer games that let me make my own Custom Scenario.

I have passed up dateing hot chicks for time on the computer.

I Have customized my PC

I was a Liscensed HAM radio Operator at 8 years old.

I Drive 55 m.p.h.

and I am an Herbalist/Iridologist/Certified Natural Health Professional…Soon to be a Naturopathic Doctor.
all of the above list and .50c can get you a can of Pepsi.

Posted at

Hmmm… crying because a role play character died. That was something like 5 years ago, but since I needed to grieve for a fictional character, I guess that tops even my wearing the Indiana Jones hat. Hehe.

The Winner!

———————–
well.. I guess the nerdiest thing I would had ever done was when I used to play everquest when I was in high school in a manner where I was REALLY INTO it… one time I played it for so long that when I logged off I was talking just like my role playing character. "I have to go to the great library of Bismarck! I've got to level up my chemistry knowledge as well as my mathematics skill, for the Homework Quest!"
I've got to level up my chemistry knowledge as well as my mathematics skill, for the Homework Quest!"
wow.

that is kick ass.

LIZARD_B1TE —
have you ever really listened to the Origional nintendo Gauntlet soundtrack.

I always thought it should be remade into a symphony.

it rawks.

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

Well I read Warhammer 40,000 fan fiction, though it isn't acctually fan fiction it's from the black library so it's official or something. I don't know. Anyway it's fun reading about the Horus Heresy.

I am going to read ALL the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett. And when I'm done, I'm gonna read them again in the correct order.

If I go to a movie made after a book I've read I complain about EVERY SINGLE THING they change. I hated Eragon and all the Harry Potter for example. Though I do like the LOTR movies.

I am a DM in DND and a player in Vampire the Requiem.

I play computer games like I'm getting paid for it. Sadly, the knowledge on how to speedrun through Half Life will not get one laid.

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

I ran a zombie apocolypse pen and paper game that I'm making into a graphic novel as I type this, does that count?

Also, avid D&D guy, right here.

Chicks dig that right?

Mashed
Mashed
Posted at

xD
Ummm..
not me, but my brother's friend went to the store (some office store) and asked them how THICK there papers were. And they're smoothness.
the guy was a little confused.. geeze. les nerds.

Mashed
Mashed
Posted at

I also cried at abandoning my neopets (when i was like 7 xD)
and i always refer to the game "Fable" or "Max Payne"

Posted at

I ran a zombie apocolypse pen and paper game that I'm making into a graphic novel as I type this, does that count?

Also, avid D&D guy, right here.

Chicks dig that right?

Dude, D&D is so fun. you earn +10 in charisma for playing.

Nerdiest thing lately…I don't really know. I've had whole conversations revolving around quoting Charlie the Unicorn. "shun the non believer! Shhhuuuunnnn." Heheh.

Posted at

i use to qoute shaun of the dead a lot

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I got another one.

I based my final english essay on 'Jump' and 'Culture Shock' (Though I wrote it as though they were novels) along with my own book, Fatum Chronicles. Before then, I have used Bad Guy High, Least I Could Do, Ultimate X, Elijah and Azzu, Questionable Content (Made a new title for that one though) and I even used The Gods of Arr-Kellaan and She Who Destroys Light in a history essay where I had to referrence modern culture to parts of history

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

I used to be able to memorize and quote John Hughes films. Especially The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, and (for some strange reason) Uncle Buck. I don't know if that qualifies for being nerdy or psychotic.

NecroMouse
NecroMouse
Posted at

I've said lol before. Hmmm, another time we were forced to run in P.E. and I felt myself pressing spacebar (AO) to run. Then, only a few days ago, I felt like a sim all day and when I would try to goto sleep or eat, I could feel my bar going up. I've also cried of loss of games, characters (mine or NPCS), or serious threats of destroying my consoles. (or getting rid of) Then..I've developed a crush or two on certain characters. Oh yeah, and for my writing assignments for school, I always write a fanfic of a game. .-.

Mark
Mark
Posted at

I always add the word -zorz to my nouns and adjectives when talking, after which I burst out laughing hysterically

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I made a replica of Shell 1 and Shell 2 out of legos.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.