Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*

New comic

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

Hey guys and girls, I had an idea spring into my head a couple of years ago for a comic, and I wanted to make it. There is only one problem though. I can't Draw! i need help to find an illustrator to help me draw my comic. If anybody would like to help me, a 13 year old with an idea, then heres what you could do for me please. You post down pictures of what you think the charcter would look like. I will review these pictures and pick which one is best. now for the charcter description. His name is Clint Sean Leorricone ( yes i am a james bond freak and the good the bad and the ugly freak). he was an ordinary kids that one day came across a strange metal object. it looked like a metallic spine with four pointed edges down it. he picked it up but it slide up his arm up to his back. it the spiked into his spine, but the weirdness doesn't stop there. it allows him to conjure up any type of gun he wants, sort of like a hammerspace in real life, becuase the spine molds on his back shapes to what he thinks. the spine is retractable. he then finds out that there is more object like his that can turn into any weapons and tries to find the owners to help get the metal spine off. he also uses it to fight villians, not over the top villians like Doc ock but western themed sometimes, the magic holders, and crooks. when he is fighting these evil doers. he switches into http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/ClintEastwood.JPGsomething like this ( once a again TGTBATU) freak). his weapons of choice is http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/image_composition_and a 357 magnum, which he usually draws two. he has blonde hair, blue eyes, tall for a grade 9, sort of big feet, medium ears, skinny, medium nose, and large hands. by the way, I would be pleased if you drew this comic in a comedy styled way but it would have serious moments, sort of like el goonish shive, but you can draw however you want. Also i tried doing an idea on another website and was asked to pay them, so i don't want to pay anyone for help, so sorry. so if you posy your pictures of how he should be drawn in hero and civilian attire, please and thank you.

Sincerely,
Kevin Campanella

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hi, Kevin - welcome to the magic of the Duck -
I'm not really able to assist you as my drawing "talent" doesn't exactly extend in the direction you're hoping for -
BUT the good folks in the Networking and Community forum would be extremely likely to help you out.
Alternatively, try TomGeeks.com - it's not a comic hosting place, but the forums are decently active (plus, girl artists!)
Good luck - sounds interesting.

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

aw thanks, but you make a pretty good comic too.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Thanks for the compliment! =)
I think my style is probably too "cute" for what you had in mind, though.
Happy hunting!

Posted at

Isotopes.

I mean, HI!

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

hey

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

ok so i am also open for mdofications to the charcter, just please, not too far. Also, if you could please, if you post a picture, could you please think of a name for the metallic spine on Clint? I tried and all I could come up with is Pispimetalo(sounds like a european clothing line).now What else? Um, well if we do start a comic, iI would write the script, you could edit the text to fit the bubbles or to any way you think is befitting.

Posted at

I'm thinking the reason you aren't getting any replies is because you chose the wrong category thread to post in. You want the Networking one. This here's a place to introduce yourself mainly. Your post… is mainly about getting an artist, and not just that, but to get one to help you design the characters for your comic idea. I'm sorry, but… yeah, you're way off target in here.

But otherwise, hi, welcome, don't drink the lukewarm beverages, and hope you found the information useful! Your idea is certainly… interesting, and it's rare to find a thirteen year-old that's interested in gunslinger stories. Sadly, gunslinger stories are not my forté as an artist, nor my main interest. That, and I'm having a slightly difficult time pinpointing a single mental image from your complicated description. You might want to clear it up a bit and put it up on Networking, and perhaps read the rules and tips that are stickied on that thread to see what might help you 'sell your comic to an artist'.

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

dont worry i already put up another post in the networking forum and the reason I like gunslingers is becuase i was introduced to clint eastwoiod at a young age.

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

ok dont worry so im just a thirteen year old boy, ive always wanted to do a webcome ever since i started reading el goonish shive. i've also liked spaghetti westerns for years due to my italian heritage. im new here, so ya. i like alot of the comics here and hope to one day make it to the top five. the idea struck me when i was ten, i would have started it earlier but hey, who does stuff at ten? so anyways, i would always like to meet someone new to help me woth my comic. oh and ive always wanted to go to italy 8D. so thats about it for now, so ya there ya go.

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

I now have Co-Writers! Mike, my friend, shall handle dramatic scenes, James shall handle comedy and i shall handle story! it;s the perfect combonation!

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

I now have more characters, and most of them have the weapons that country excels at, so please don't be offended.
We now Clint has guns for North America, so now we go to South America, the only girl of them, Cala Curtana, she has a metal spine of infinite swords. she has caught the attention of clint and clint has a crush on her, but she doesn't return the feelings, she would rather be with our next character, The man form down under, and the only one not having a weapon depicting his country, Lewie Orange, the chivalrist. he can spray out any Chemical agent known to man, which is iroic that he is a Gentleman, because, in other terms, he can pass "gas". (get you laughs out now). We then Have the Russian twins, Yuri and Anya Stalnenko. this twins our inseperable and thats what got them their own weapon. they were holding hands at a young age, when the found the metal object. they both touched it at the same time, causing it to split, giving them each a main part of the weapon. Yuri Got the bow part, while Anya got the Arrows. for Africa, our own little guys, Belay Arohá. now here where people might think im stereotyping here. he can uses spears. he can pull out any pole he wants, be it an Arbir, a Ji or a Vel. now for our last character, our own comic relief from europe, our italian stallion! Cal Ringo Granata! he explodes onto the scene with… you guessed it, EXPLOSIVES! he can pull out any explosive known to man, which even lets him self destruct without harm. he can probably even pull out a SLAM, but the only problme is, He is a complete IDIOT! kay think about this, pinky with a nuke, then times that by ten! I'm sorry to say but Europe is screwed. so that is it for now. now read this and try to say its not interesting!

snakevin
snakevin
Posted at

my artist has quit on me so i now need another artist so reply if you can do it

Posted at

hello! id figure i would reply to the forum as well, ill link you to my manga revolution account, thats my typical style for the comic i do with Roxy my friend (havent started it yet) how ever for your comic i would definetly change the head to body ratio from 4:1 to about 6:1 for ther main character, also exactly what ages we going for, and make it less cutesy.
http://www.mangarevolution.com/image.php?imgid=15321
Also i was thinkin for the name of the spine thing, you could call something along the lines of cerebral/vertabral …something or other, i think it needs to be a two word name. cerebral, lock? some kind of cerebral parasite? ok i dont really know where im going with this but its all i can think of right now
you could have it so that some these spines have been absorbed by villains, so that the characters are fighting against characters that are on their physical level. And also, maybe the charaters are waiting for the beings that put these items here, however they cannot return to earth because they are on the run from another alien race that wishes to steal their technology. or maybe the aliens left the spines here because they knew earth was in jeopardy and needed a way of protecting it, maybe because they are compassionate or because they ve hidden something on earth. Well theyre just some random ideas, obviously its your comic and youll want to take your way, but anyway im quite interested in this project, ill have ago at some art, however it would be good to have more than one artist because im a student and have alot of committments, but id love to be in on this!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.