Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Rich
Rich
Posted at

If they do make another book, they'll almost HAVE to put 'Hie Qwalitie Comcs' in it.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

What's going on with that -other- book? :P
Very good question.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I really hope they start a new book, because I want a chance to show the world "Look, I don't suck this time!"

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I want a chance to show the world "Look, I don't suck this time!"
You never did Neil.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

lol… You didn't see Dasien circa 2002-2003. There's a REASON those comics don't exist on the internet anymore.

But yeah, I see you're point. Personally, I think the mark of a good artist is when one is never satisfied with his or her work.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

But yeah, I see you're point. Personally, I think the mark of a good artist is when one is never satisfied with his or her work.

And I agree.

I do wonder what the theme of a new DD book would be. If I knew, I'd probably start planning a submission.

Posted at

lol… You didn't see Dasien circa 2002-2003. There's a REASON those comics don't exist on the internet anymore.

I did. I remember.

Posted at

you will never wipe it out of our minds!

JohanTenge
JohanTenge
Posted at

How did the book thing work again last times?

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

We asked for submissions and chose the best stuff among the submissions. Then, for various reasons, we let it sit for almost a year (so far).

I hope it becomes available soon.

I like the "Duck and Cover" name, but what would it be about?

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

A big ol' fight?

Or maybe parody. Since there are musical "covers" of other songs, we could do an entire book around parody.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I'd do some custom stuff to be exclusive to the book if you guys do another one.

Posted at

Hell, I would submit stuff too. You couldn't stop me!

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

A big ol' fight?

Or maybe parody. Since there are musical "covers" of other songs, we could do an entire book around parody.

The fight thing has already been pretty much done to death here on DD (see "Fightsplosion"] , but I kinda like the parody idea. Of course, it could get dated very easily, and I doubt that everyone here has a perfect understanding of what "parody" consists of, but it would be great if we pulled it off.

~IJ

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

The fight thing has already been pretty much done to death here on DD (see "Fightsplosion"), but I kinda like the parody idea. Of course, it could get dated very easily, and I doubt that everyone here has a perfect understanding of what "parody" consists of, but it would be great if we pulled it off.

~IJ

Then again, fightsplosion tends to be a passing success at most. This is what, the third version?

Also, consider the state of Drunk Duck now, given the platinum studios deal, submissions will likely be filtered more, so I doubt finding those who have an understanding of parody would be difficult to find.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Then again, fightsplosion tends to be a passing success at most. This is what, the third version?

I'm not sure. And passing success is too generous. To put it bluntly, Fightsplosion literally fell apart after Zwuh went MIA. Thank god we got Radec to pick up the torch and continue the tourney.

Also, consider the state of Drunk Duck now, given the platinum studios deal, submissions will likely be filtered more, so I doubt finding those who have an understanding of parody would be difficult to find.

Yeah, it may be a pinch difficult to find people who understand the concept of parody. And like you said, the extra filtering may make things difficult.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

So that 'other' book isn't coming out at all now?

Oh, no, no, no!

The third book "Drunk With Laughter" will be the next one to be printed. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

Just not yet. Hopefully soon.

After the third book comes out, I'm sure we'll start a new one. It doesn't hurt to spitball some ideas about it. ;)

And I'm not sure how much more filtering there'd be. We always print great comics in the anthologies. Buy them if you don't believe me…or if you do! :)

As far as I know, the Drunk Duck anthologies aren't going to be just an extention of Platinum Comics, but will stay a showplace for the talented Duckers.

The only thing that might change is print quality and distribution. That's the stuff I don't know about, and the stuff I believe is still being worked out.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

As for the filtering, surely you can at least tell us if cursing and violence will get filtered out. Are blood, gore, and four letter words a bit too much for a DD book?

Posted at

As for the filtering, surely you can at least tell us if cursing and violence will get filtered out. Are blood, gore, and four letter words a bit too much for a DD book?

If I recall the second book correctly (action stories), no, it's not too much. :) Although I'm sure there's a grey area there. If it's just gratuitousness for the sake of swearing and gore, that doesn't sound like a particularly strong comic to me. If it's part of a good story, then yeah it's probably fine.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.