Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
json
json
Posted at

hey, the j is still kicking.

hadn't updated since weds. went to update this evening….new update/edit screen. it was a lil different than the one we've been using, but no biggie. but i've been stuck at 31% on the image upload for 30 freaking minutes!!! it's insanity!

is this part of the WOWIO buyout?

*edit* after 45 minutes, finally said 100% uploaded. but my new comic image is a broken image link. i'm really frustrated. i've been so busy this year with my apprenticeship and my job that, unfortunately, POWERJEFF has really suffered from the total lack of freetime i have. it makes me sad and angry to think my comic may die altogether if updating is gonna take me (as of right now) almost an hour that i don't have to maybe get a page up that is no different in size or dimesion than any of my other color pages.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yep, the new system has some bugs. It's part of an improved uploading system.
It works fine for many, but is very buggy for a few, we're currently reporting instances of the trouble so our programmer can sort them out.

If you could provide us with any detail like Browser type, version, any plugins or toolbars you might be running etc. that would be a massive help!

Currently we do have an image upload problem caused by a weird issue where all the space gets used up on our server all of a sudden. That comes around periodically and is fixed in good order. At the moment it's late in the evening/early morning where our programmer is so that will have to wait until the working day unfortunately.

Sorry for the inconvenience! :(

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

Everytime I update something, I get kicked off my account. It frustrates me to tears! (kinda miss the old one)

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Well, the birth of a new baby sometimes isn't very smooth. We'll just have to put up with these problems 'til the programmer Ozone mentioned gets them fixed.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

There's a new what in the what now?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

If you could provide us with any detail like Browser type, version, any plugins or toolbars you might be running etc. that would be a massive help!

…?

Did that request not appear in a language that anybody could understand?

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Si vous pouviez nous fournir toutes les informations comme le type de navigateur, la version, les plug-ins ou barres d'outils que vous pourriez être en cours d'exécution, etc ce serait une aide massive!

…?

Est-ce à la demande figurent pas dans une langue que tout le monde pouvait comprendre?
What?

Posted at

I'm not complaining but it just seems kind of alien to me whether it be a foreigner of our own planet or of out there in SPACE! The final frontier!

In a world…

okay so now i do have an issue.

the x bug thing.

internet explorer, …less toolbars…only the google two, and I'm thinking that when you upload a page it needs to load cause it has some type of load bar.

and it keeps logging me out whenever i put one up but the page (with the x error goes up)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

…?

Did that request not appear in a language that anybody could understand?
I am such a kind person I'll answer this, goddamn what a samaritan I am.
I uploaded a page with ease, though it became a broken image.
I use firefox, the only add-ons I have is adblock, no toolbar, firefox 3 I think it is? It should be the latest version. Oh, Windows 7 if yoou need that.

I didn't bother trying with any other browser.

MrGranger
MrGranger
Posted at

Everytime I update something, I get kicked off my account. It frustrates me to tears! (kinda miss the old one)

And I thought it was just me. It's very strange, at first I thought I was timing out or something. Glad to see that I'm not the only one DD doesn't like today.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I am such a kind person I'll answer this, goddamn what a samaritan I am.
I uploaded a page with ease, though it became a broken image.
I use firefox, the only add-ons I have is adblock, no toolbar, firefox 3 I think it is? It should be the latest version. Oh, Windows 7 if yoou need that.

I didn't bother trying with any other browser.

Thank you Crocty!

The current image bug is 100% due to the servers that DD is hosted on though, so your browser type and plugins won't affect this. That problem is caused by us running out of space all of a sudden on the hard drive that has our images and the html for custom templates uploaded to it.

If you have trouble with the file upload system specifically (not giving you a broken image, if it does that it's actually working), then please post information about these things:
1. your OS (Windows 7, Vista, XP, Linux Ubantu, Mac OSX, etc)
2. Your browser type AND version (Firefox 3.0.5, Internet Explorer 8, Safari 4 etc)
3. Any extra toolbars or plugins you are running with it (Ad-blocker. Google toolbar, Flash-blocker etc.)
4. Include screenshots- this is optional since some people have a lot of trouble with this one.

Crocty has provided you with the perfect example of the sort of thing to do.
If you don't provide that info, then please don't post about your issue because no one will be able to help you.

-Again- this is unrelated to the image bug & HTML template that should be fixed soon!

Posted at

Wasn't even aware of this new upload system until I saw this thread. Decided to take it out on a test drive and unfortunately, it stalled right on the driveway. It's not uploading at all for me.

Here's my bug report:

1. Windows 7
2. Tried 3 different browsers: Firefox 3.6.3 (won't upload), Google Chrome 5.0.375.70 (won't upload) and IE 8.0.7600.16385 - 64 bit (upload button won't appear).
3. Firefox - Icelandic user interface, Vuze search tools, English and Icelandic auto spell checkers. Google Chrome - Nothing. IE - Nothing.

Right click-view image for a bigger picture.

Hmm… despite the fact that I uploaded a full size picture of the browser windows, the uploaded pictures refuse to appear at the right size. I guess I have to break up the 3 images in order to show them larger. Let me know if you prefer that I do that.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Ok, serious face on now.

Opera 10.53
Windows Vista
Comic loading bar doesn't move and when I press "upload pages" nothing happens, not even an error message.

I'll try in some other browser now.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Hey! Now I have an excuse for not updating and disappointing fans! Thanks, DD! :D

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Ok, serious face on now.

Opera 10.53
Windows Vista
Comic loading bar doesn't move and when I press "upload pages" nothing happens, not even an error message.

I'll try in some other browser now.
It worked in firefox, then I came back to Opera to double check; it worked this time. '~'

Posted at

Windows…7?
Internet explorer 8
not running anything but i'm stupid with computers so I got 2 google toolbars, popup blocker, and that's it now…

I don't even have a "different internet" to open it with…

by the way does this mean it has to load the image?
Maybe?

it looks like a load bar and maybe once it gets full it will post it correctly

…and that means the file system still works.

Posted at

I like the new update system but since using it for Spun Off, the Previous button has gone missing on that comic. Seems to be a multi-browser problem. Related to the new system or not?

gnume
gnume
Posted at

but what i seen the load bar can just be ignored it doesn't give any real indication on page upload status

Posted at

Ok, the upload finally worked for me but the site refuses to admit that I just updated.

Hold on… It just did. Man this is odd.

Let me explain. Once I tried uploading the comic, the update date was still showing the date of my previous update and I wasn't popping up on main page in the "This just in" list. Now that I went here to report about it, the update date just changed to TODAY. I still haven't checked the front page, though…

I just checked and I still didn't pop up on the list. It's not that I waited too long and 10 other comics updated in the meantime, because the same comics that were there before I uploaded are up there. It's not something I'm going to lose sleep over but you guys should expect some complaints about that, from other comic creators.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I think this thread should be stickied… well… 'til all the bugs have been stomped flat or sprayed into oblivion… or destroyed in some other way… Maybe drowned in an Ozoneocean or brutally beaten to death by an angry Skoolmunkee? :)

Posted at

Using Windows 7, Fire Fox 3.6, upload button simply doesn't work for me. It's just a jpeg to me. Does nothing but say javascript at the bottom of my screen.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Ok, so now Opera is having the same issue again.
Firefox and Safari won't even let me log in (The log in boxes are missing for both)
Internet Explorer and Chrome give me a Flash Player error.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.