Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

New status report from duck with rip Computer. ( new computer is on the way.)

sandy
sandy
Posted at

It's official, the technition looked at my old machine and he found no viruses but he did say that for what I use it for, it's high time to get myself a more powerful system, and I did just that. The only thing that was wrong with the old one is that it was obsolete to begin with and number two, the graphics card was shot. But I donated it to the tech who is going to donate it to a local church. And fear not I did NOT leave anything on my HD, I have all my info on my external at home. Anyway, I am now going to be the proud owner of a Dell XPS 410 within a matter of weeks, with a twenty inch wide flat screen monitor, and a quad core processor instead of a duo core processor. This means more storage space, and definitely much more speed. So it's only a matter of weeks now until I'm set up with my new toy. I'll keep everyone posted.

Posted at

Well, I think that's great…any new computer will be an improvement. I'm lookin' to buy computers this Christmas…man…it overwhelms me! I'm excited as a new bike with a basket for you!

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would you like a Cold Hot Cola for your return?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Computer problems.

Can be fixed. Welcome back.

Posted at

Welcome back to the D.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Thanks for the welcome. I'm here in the forums for now until my new computer comes. I'm sure that with careful attention to it's technological needs, I'll be able to keep it stable. If not I have two years of free in house service to fall back on. Hopefully I won't need it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's been a while Sandy. We've missed you around the place!

Posted at

Welcome back. Here's hoping your computer stays fixed. :D

Posted at

hello again?

sandy
sandy
Posted at

It's been a while Sandy. We've missed you around the place!

Thanks Ozone. Actually I haven't got the computer yet, but it just got shipped yesterday. Hmmm, I may be getting it sometime next week, god willing. That means I'll be up and runing again with the pages, but first I have a lot of installing to do. Well, just a few programs I managed to save anyway. Thank God it's coming with antivirus software already installed. And as far as my art tools, I kept them so there's an extra seven hundred I'm saving. I saved a world of money this time, because when I bought the old computer, I was starting from scratch, and that ran me over three thousand dollars. This time, I decided that there were things I didn't need, like a sub woofer and stereo system. Only because I'm doing more illustration than animation so I don't really need a high depth sound system. I need the graphics card more than anything else, and that's where I conscentrated on. This new system is only seventeen hundred dollars, less than half of what I paid the first time. And of course it'll take up less room, because I'm getting that new flat screen monitor instead of the old boxy kind. I'll keep you guys updated as to the progress of my technological change. For now, still broadcasting from my mom's computer. Well, by Fur now.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.