Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Jules
Jules
Posted at

I'm calling it Paint Heroes (well for now at least). I've already created a hero character and a whole cast of villains for it. Before adding in the first page of the comic, I thought it'd be cool if other users sent me their 'hero' character they drew in paint (or even paper) with an attached profile.

The profile should include (you can cut/paste this if you want):

Name:

Super Hero Alias:

Powers/Abilities:

Age(optional):

Weaknesses:

Personality:

The character you draw doesn't have to be extremely detailed since none of my characters that I draw in paint are detailed anyways. A basic stick figure with clothing will do (just see 'That Random Paint Comic' and you'll know what I'm talking about).

Anyone interested?

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Name: Bal

Super Hero Alias: Jet Pack Man!

Powers/Abilities: Has a freakin' jet pack!

Weaknesses: Lack of fuel

Personality: Self absorbed, and LOVES jet packs.

I'll make the pic later.

sobergoose
sobergoose
Posted at

Something tells me this project is suspiciously like my comic, entitled "Superheroes!" that runs off user submissions. Mine's funny, which might distinguish it from your project, but someone brought this to my attention as a eerily similar community idea. I would encourage anyone interested in this project to also take a look at my comic and judge for themselves.
J. Newman

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Name: Bal

Super Hero Alias: Jet Pack Man!

Powers/Abilities: Has a freakin' jet pack!

Weaknesses: Lack of fuel

Personality: Self absorbed, and LOVES jet packs.

I'll make the pic later.

Ok cool, thanks Bocaj. Try to spread the word about this, I need at least like three to four more people before I begin.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Something tells me this project is suspiciously like my comic, entitled "Superheroes!" that runs off user submissions. Mine's funny, which might distinguish it from your project, but someone brought this to my attention as a eerily similar community idea. I would encourage anyone interested in this project to also take a look at my comic and judge for themselves.
J. Newman

Oh, I didn't know that there was a comic with the same idea already on Drunk Duck. I'll check it out and see what I can do to make mine different in a way.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Okay, I've got it. My comic will have humor, but not in the same kind of format your 'Superheroes' comic is in. Mine will be more like an ongoing story with humor, instead of your comic-strip-like humor. Does that make any sense at all???

sobergoose
sobergoose
Posted at

Okay, I get it. That's fine, although it should be noted that I was going to create at least a comedic sense of continuity within the ridiculousness of the strips. But that's for later. For now, I have a superhero-

Name: Colonel Hutch
Superhero Alias: "The Mint Julep"
Powers/abilities: Louisiana charm, excellent aim with a buckshot
Weaknesses: emancipation of his Indian slave laborers
Personality: witty and approachable in an old-timey, horribly racist and inappropriate manner. Think Foghorn Leghorn with years of prejudice.

Or principal Colonel from the Clone High series.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Ok, both The Mint Julep and Jet-Pack Man are in. Don't forget to PQ the pics if you can.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Ima posting a really rough sketch.
http://www.mypicshare.com/ktk34ieypic.html
Remember his ONLY power is having a jet pack, and a little fuel.

Make him completely ridiculous. Always treating people as inferior. He should kick dirt in a albino baby's eyes.

Kitty Man
Kitty Man
Posted at

Name: Kitty Man

Super Hero Alias: Kitty Man (He doesn't hide his identity.)

Powers/Abilities: The abillity to use all Catnip Chips he has currently… (Earth, Water, and Fire)

Age(optional): Cat: 16, Human: About 2

Weaknesses: Cat toys, and catnip

Personality: mostly serious but at times can be funny.

I'll make pic as soon as possible…

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Nice pic Bocaj. I have room for maybe one or two more characters and the job as assistant is open.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Great pic of jetpack man!

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Thanks Bocaj, if you like it he can look like that in the comic. Don't forget, I need pics guys.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

That is what he should look like. I would like to be ass(istant), but what would I do?

Jules
Jules
Posted at

For now, Zheror is already assistant only because he PQ'd me 1st. The assistants job is pretty simple though: just make sure it updates daily if I can't be able to update and stuff like that.

Kitty Man
Kitty Man
Posted at

On his ( KM sprite) left, (Your drawn KM) right, the black-ish thing is supposed to be his other ear… Otherwise AWSOME!

Though here is the pic I made that I was hoping you could use to make a better version for your comic…

If that doesn't work here's another link thinger…

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Yeah, that is supposed to be the other ear for kitty man. I'll use your drawing for a better reference.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Seems like I've gotten pics from everyone know 'cept sobergoose. I'm about ready to post the cover.

Kitty Man
Kitty Man
Posted at

The Cover is frikkin' AWSOME!!!

I can't wait for the 1st page.

Posted at

Just to help y'all out:

Is it too late for me to dump a character on you? A VILLAN PERHAPS?

Posted at

Name: James McCyborglazerpiratesamurai (he works in a hardware store)

Super Villian Alias: Dr. Professor Cyborg-Lazer-Pirate-Samurai PhD.

Powers/Abilities: Hook that fires energy or somethin', a samurai sword, cyborg parts, a cool eyepatch & scar.

Age(optional): 34

Weaknesses: Anything that requires depth perception, Donuts, firelighters, water and risking being fired by his boss.

Personality: Evil, obssesed, Dislikes: the Paint heroes, Captain Planet, Kittens and Samuel L. Jackson. Likes: pushing puppies off cliffs/skyscrapers, dropping people's food on the floor, dropping people on the floor and Sweet, beautiful FIRE!

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Oh, thanks for posting your character and showing Kitty Man/Jet-Pack Man on the actual forum. It's good to see that your character is a Supervillain! I'll guess I should take in Supervillains now too.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Oh! A villain!
Aqua Man

He was driven evil because EVERYONE hates him.
Powers: None of importance, he is lanky, and kinda strong I guess.
Personality: Emo/evil/just sad to watch 'cause he sucks so much.
Weakness: He sucks

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.