Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

New to the Duck

Posted at

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is John Keating and I've been doing a webcomic for the past year and hosted it on Comicspace as well as my own site. Someone recently told me about DrunkDuck so I just started uploading the 32 strips here.

I'm originally from Boston (now living in Los Angeles)and was a professional standup comic for about 10 years, touring nationally. I moved to LA to concentrate more on acting. I've been a comic strip fan ever since I was little and have the complete EC Segar Popeye newspaper strips as one of my prized comic possessions. :) Bloom County, Far Side, Fox Trot, Beetle Bailey among others were all influences as well.

I don't claim to be a great artist by any stretch. It was just something I wanted to do for a long time and finally bought some bristol board and a 3H pencil and started doing for my own enjoyment. Please stop by and say hi! :) I'm excited to be here!

John

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Please stop by and say hi! :) I'm excited to be here!

John

Uhh…hi?

Glad you decided to come to DD, but now you can't leave.
Ever.

*ahem*
Anyway, have fun :D!

Orange
Orange
Posted at

WORSHIP MMMEEEEHHH!!!

No.
Don't.
Ever.

Orange
Orange
Posted at

You should be…also beware the mind maggots!
And Custard Trout telling me I'm insane.
:D

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hey, John - welcome to the excitement. Your comic is starting off very well - keep it coming!

Posted at

You were a stand up comic? That makes you automatically awesome.

You should be…also beware the mind maggots!
And Custard Trout telling me I'm insane.
:D

Nuttier than the collective Nuts at a Nut appreciation convention in Nut City on Nuts get in free day.

Posted at

It's cool that you were a stand-up comic and I hope that you enjoy yourself here dude.

Posted at

Welcome! I hope your comic takes off (unless it's in direct competition to my own, in which case you may go play with Custard Trout and his mind maggots) and that you have a lot of fun here at DD. :)

If you ever need a hand you can go to the Help! How Do I…? sub-forum, or ask one of us personally. Most of us are nice enough to give you a hand.

Posted at

Thanks guys!

Yes I was, and I guess still am, a standup comic. It's kind of like the mafia…you never really get out. I have just curtailed my touring considerably to concentrate on acting and the comic. I'm having a blast with it.

For some reason the little icon has me listed as "fantasy" but I can't see anywhere in My Controls where I can change that. I have the genre as Comedy and the subs as Real Life and Parody. No idea how to get that Fantasy icon off there. I don't want people expecting Elves and Swords and getting internet poker and poo jokes :)

Posted at

Stand up is great / hard work. Welcome to the Duck!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.