Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

New to the Duck

Posted at

Hey folks!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ray-Anthony Height and I am the creator of the comic "PROTOSTAR: The Nexus Stone" here at Drunk Duck. I've been working in the comics industry professionaly for the past 5 years now and have been having a blast. I have been worked as a penciler for companies from Marvel to Mirage Studios and have really learned a lot from each experiance.

Bringing my creator-owned stuff to the public has been a long road filled with false starts and disappointments, but when I found Drunk Duck and saw all the talented people and their great comics I was instantly inspired. Everyone here is doing it because they love comics and have stories to tell without worrying if their book is going to make money or not. I love that and that is why I am here!

So, if you have a moment in between creating, come check out my book:

Hope to hear from you guys and keep rockin'!
-Ray

Posted at

Hey Matt!

Welcome to the Duck! I'm also new, and I actually joined for the very same reasons as you. The members here are incredible, and the level of talent is wonderful.

It's also great to have someone who's working in the actual industry. Im quite new to the industry as well, but have only been recognized as a colorist for Headlocked: Work of Art by VCS Comic, a fairly young but promissing publisher.

It's good to be able to publish your work without being afraid of the moneytary consequences.

Again, glad to have you aboard! Keep up the good work!

Luv,
Maria

Posted at

Oh, hello.

Um, I. . . I don't even have a comic. At all.

This is embarrassing.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Welcome to the forums, R-A - glad to have you aboard. I completely agree with you - there is some amazing talent on the Duck - and we're all here because we have stories that need to be told ^.^ Your work is very appealing (and the sparkly parts are extra-nice). Looking forward to seeing more of your story soon. Have a lovely day!

Posted at

Welcome to the forums, R-A - glad to have you aboard. I completely agree with you - there is some amazing talent on the Duck - and we're all here because we have stories that need to be told ^.^ Your work is very appealing (and the sparkly parts are extra-nice). Looking forward to seeing more of your story soon. Have a lovely day!

Thanks, Amanda! Glad you like the sparkles, to :) Yes, I think I am here to stay.

deepcheese
deepcheese
Posted at

Welcome to DrunkDuck! Us non-professionals are all humbled and inspired by your presence. I can tell from that pic that your comic is going to look awesome! The comunity here will very much appreciate you for that.

Posted at

There's talented people here?

Well there is now, at least.

Posted at

Hello, Matthew Blackthorne! Welcome to DrunkDuck, the great webcomics community for amateurs and professionals alike! :) Enjoy making comics here, and enjoy the weather! ;)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.