Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Newflash: Mysterious Samuari aids police!

Posted at

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-1246969,00.html

Strange But True
Stranger used samurai sword Sword-Wielding Do-Gooder
Updated: 15:11, Thursday January 11, 2007

Police are trying to trace a mysterious samurai sword-wielding vigilante who came to the rescue of two officers when they were being attacked by an armed gang.

The officers had been set upon after they tried to disrupt a burglary at a flat in Laygate, South Shields.

A group of men had knocked on the door pretending to be policemen before forcing their way in to ransack the place.

The passing plain-clothes officers were alerted when a woman inside started screaming, and went to help.

However, they were outnumbered, and the criminals were armed with a hammer, knives and a metal chain.

One of them lunged at a policeman with his knife - but just as he did so, a mysterious do-gooder appeared from nowhere and attacked him with a samurai sword.

One of the burglars ran off, but was stopped by the stranger, who hit him on the arm with the sword.

He was arrested, along with another man from the flat, but in true superhero fashion the samurai man disappeared before police could speak to him.

A third man was arrested later. Two men are still being hunted.

Police are particularly keen to trace the man with the sword who came to the aid of their officers, and appealed for anyone with information to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

herio
herio
Posted at

fasnateing there still out here

Posted at

Ah, that's so awesome. It would be so cool to be saved in a superhero fasion. Ah…

Posted at

Ah, that's so awesome. It would be so cool to be saved in a superhero fasion. Ah…

I know. I also had fantasties of myself as an samuari fighting when I read that news article. lol

I though everyone here would be intersted in that news article like I was.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I know. I also had fantasties of myself as an samuari fighting when I read that news article. lol
Would you be comfortable stabbing a stranger through the guts or hacking of their arm? :)
Swords are… tricky weapons to attack with. They're safer than guns, but…If you ever do use any sort of sword to protect yourself with, you should know how to use it not to harm, to harm slightly, as well as being prepared to harm seriously with it if that's what it takes.

Posted at

Would you be comfortable stabbing a stranger through the guts or hacking of their arm? :)
Swords are… tricky weapons to attack with. They're safer than guns, but…If you ever do use any sort of sword to protect yourself with, you should know how to use it not to harm, to harm slightly, as well as being prepared to harm seriously with it if that's what it takes.

well, you know, I wasn't really that serious about my fanasties… I was just imagining what it might be like to be that mysterious samurai.

I actually have loads of experience in Judo and Karate, along with some small knowledge on how to do other certain Martial Art styles…inducing a style crudely known as "Chinese street fighting"…although the street fighting style is the one I'm less familiar with out of all the styles.

However… I have no experience in kendo, much less on how to handle an samurai sword.

still it was fun to imagine.

Posted at

This is what makes swords the perfect weapons to fight zombies with. ermm…anyway…it sounds almost as if you're being gravely serious about swords, did you have a bad experience?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

did you have a bad experience?
Not at all! :)
I have swords in my house that I've used for self defence for a long time… and anyway, those were some of the considerations I thought it was best to think on ;)
You should really think about that with any weapon that you have the intention of using against another human being. It is serious.

The samurai guy sounded fun though. He could also face charges as well (for carying a weapon in public).

Posted at

hmmm…that's a scotland phone #. maybe they have diff laws when it comes to katanas

draxenn
draxenn
Posted at

yeah, depending on where you live, the laws are different.
Like around here you can carry a sword around as long as it's not sharp.
Mind you, you cannot have a double edged blade of any type on your person.

I just wonder if he was delivering a pizza and heard the cry for help.
And..maybe,..just maybe he was feline…

(for those who have never seen Samurai Pizza cats, I apologize for the pun)
(for that matter, i apologize even more to those who saw the cartoon.)

Mark
Mark
Posted at

every once in a while a story comes a long that makes real life seem unbelievable and unpredictable, this would be one of those stories

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I am totally drawing a Samurai Superhero now.

Posted at

That story made me so happy. Real-life samurai-vigilante. :squees:
I'mma share it with all my friends tomorrow. :D

Ch'yeah, me too.

Posted at

lol, I already do B)

lothar
lothar
Posted at

hahahhahaha ! fake cops atacking ladies with chains and hammers sounds like a nintendo game !1!!1!!

isukun
isukun
Posted at

a guy with a samurai sword almost sounds plausible when you consider the criminals were straight out of Double Dragon. Who walks around with a hammer or a chain these days?

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

a guy with a samurai sword almost sounds plausible when you consider the criminals were straight out of Double Dragon. Who walks around with a hammer or a chain these days?

Poor thugs I would suppose. A chain sounds a lot more effective than a knife actually. But apparently not good enough to beat a HIGHLY TRAINED SAMURAI SUPERHERO.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.