Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I got this idea after looking at ozone's migraines thread. (Why did that sound funny to me?)

What better way to get to know each other than…TALKING ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS!?! ….if any. Or you can also talk about something you went to the hospital or doctor for that was weird or…you know….deadly. But let's try not to turn this into something too depressing, okay? XD Hopefully this topic hasn't been done already…

I was basically born with acid reflux…though have managed to treat it by drinking apple cider vinegar (in juice or something) which I heard was the best treatment on the internet. It worked way better than that damn purple pill…which just gave me unbearable headaches and nausea. I still get it sometimes, but not as bad. It used to bring me to my knees, basically. =/

I also have headaches, of course. Mostly allergy-related…I've taken everything for them. Nothing works. :mad:

(Edit: Oh yeah, nearsightededness too.)

Posted at

I have low muscle tone, which is pretty much an excuse for being weak at everything. Plus I'm flat-footed. People make fun of me for it.

Posted at

Hey, I'm flat-footed too! Small world. And since I'm too cheap to buy the proper tennis shoes, it's incredibly painful to run longer than a mile.

Let's see, I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor for this…but occassionally my hypoglycemia gets the better of me and I end up with low blood pressure, incredible cramping, and nearly black out. This usually goes on for about 4-5 hours.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well, Migraines… Obviously.
Bad sinuses make my cheeks feel like someone's punched me in the face when they're infected.
aaaand, cold knees!

Nothing else really, just that my knees get really freaking COLD!

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I'm just going to give the Cliff's Notes version….

1. I developed severe lactose intolerance in 2003 (it's hereditary - can't tolerate any dairy products whatsoever)

2. I am "semi-bionic" because I had to have my large intestine surgically removed to prevent colon cancer when I was 12 (I had lots and lots of pre-cancerous polyps). Thanks to a follow-up operation, I have what I'll call a "replacement system" inside my body that does the job of the large intestine, so I don't require a colostomy bag or anything. Plus, I only have to take a couple of over-the-counter meds to regulate metabolism. There is medical terminology to explain the procedures that were done but I've long forgotten them.

Sorry if that's TMI (too much info). :)

suzi
suzi
Posted at

Wow dueeast, that's pretty intense o.o

Ozone's cold knees remind me – I also have poor circulation to my hands and feet, nothing worth going to the doctor over, but it means I almost always have freezing hands. It's pretty fun, actually. I can freak people out by touching their necks, and they can't do the same to me when their hands happen to be cold because i'm so used to feeling cold hands on me :p

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

I get splitting headaches every so often.

Outside of that, I haven't been sick in over a year.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

my only weakness is that I'm so sexy it hurts

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Migraines, nearsightedness, bad knees, bad back (it's that "top-heavy" problem…), maybe arthritis (my joints ache way too much), occasional insomnia and sleep apnea, and I'm slightly allergic to all my pets (which doesn't stop me from keeping them ;) ).

Posted at

Well, Migraines… Obviously.
Bad sinuses make my cheeks feel like someone's punched me in the face when they're infected.
aaaand, cold knees!

Nothing else really, just that my knees get really freaking COLD!

Cold knees? Is the medical term? XP Sorry, it just made me giggle a bit.

Let's see…I've been pretty fortunate in my health. My eyes are a bit bad, and I lost my glasses, so that makes driving a challenge… and I'm missing a tooth. It didn't get knocked out or anything, but one of my baby teeth was a two-in-one deal, and when it fell out only one grew back in. I don't have a gap or anything where a tooth should be, it just means that my lower was a bit smaller then my upper jaw, and hence a large overbite till I got braces. They even wanted to break my jaw and give me a fake tooth. O_o;; But I really didn't need it. I guess that's not really a health thing though…I'm just a freak.

bryan
bryan
Posted at

I'm alergic to amoxocilan (not the deadly form of alergic, thankfully), and I injured my drawing wrist in a Taekwondo incident a while back and 3 years later it's getting better.

Huh… my list sucks compaired to ya'lls… :/

marine
marine
Posted at

I'm not going to tell you people my fucking weaknesses, because they're none.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

and I'm missing a tooth. It didn't get knocked out or anything, but one of my baby teeth was a two-in-one deal, and when it fell out only one grew back in. I don't have a gap or anything where a tooth should be, it just means that my lower was a bit smaller then my upper jaw, and hence a large overbite till I got braces. They even wanted to break my jaw and give me a fake tooth. O_o;; But I really didn't need it. I guess that's not really a health thing though…I'm just a freak.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen, except it left a horrible gap in his front upper left teeth, so he has a fake tooth set in his retainer. It's hard to notice, so sometimes he freaks people out by pulling it out and exposing the toothlessness XD

Whirlwynd
Whirlwynd
Posted at

I'd say I'm lucky that my biggest medical problem now is that my sense of smell is a little crazy. I think it started when I was seven or eight - I slipped on a skateboard and landed on my face. My nose was pretty messed up. Now I either can't smell things at all or they're not what they should be. Skunks smell like potato chips, car exhaust smells like cinnamon rolls. It's nice sometimes because when there is a nasty smell around, it's not as bad for me unless it's really strong. Other cases, though, I have to be careful. I don't detect gas or spoiled food very well, so I don't take chances with expiration dates and if there's something unfamiliar I ask about it.

Posted at

hmmm. when I was younger, I used to have bad asthma problems… couldn't even work out in gym without starting to wheeze. Don't have that anymore now… but I still keep my inhalers just in case.

I have a slight allgery to pets, but I still love my dog. =3 it's just the dirt and dander in the fur… I'm actually more allegeric to cats than dogs.

and I almost lost one of my big toes once… mirror without frames fell right on my foot, breaking my foot and nearly slicing it in half. well, mostly nearly slicing one of my big toe off more than my whole foot in half. But you know what I mean. It was one of the most painful things I've gone though, honestly.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

I'm alergic to amoxocilan (not the deadly form of alergic, thankfully), and I injured my drawing wrist in a Taekwondo incident a while back and 3 years later it's getting better.

Huh… my list sucks compaired to ya'lls… :/

My wife is very allergic to amoxocilan, so I understand that one very well.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Asthma, eczema, hay fever and an unhealthy addiction to Pringles. And one time i thought I was obsessive compulsive.

Posted at

I have a cold at the moment :\

Posted at

Bad Knees
Bad back
I torn my ACL playing hockey and it always still bugs me
shin splints

THANK YOU ARMY!

LMAO…. i think i have it worse……

bad knees
bad back
no rotor cuff left to speak of…… (shoulders)
HORRIBLE feet….. (damn combat boots)
SEVERE temper…….
Idontgiveashit-atitus…..
and Alcoholism……
so…. yeah….. im definately "Army Strong"

Posted at

OMG!!!! I suffer from that too……. what a small world….

Posted at

OMG!!!! I suffer from that too……. what a small world….
(O_o)

HAM
HAM
Posted at

Mostly allergies; if I get too hot I start sneezing like mad. I went to the hospital once, because they believed I had a virus (which I didn't). They took about 10 blood samples, and they found nothing.

I also randomly get terrible hives (most people I know get it in one or two spots, and it goes away the next day), they spread all over me, and last for quite a while; preventing me from sleep.

Otherwise, nothing serious.

Posted at

I'm lactose intolerant.
And I have asthma.
And I have that wierd thing whose name escapes me, but it's basically the chest caving inward.
Oh, yeah, and I died last night.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.