Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

oh fu...

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You have to wonder what Britain was playing at by sending them in there to start with. Perhaps hoping to provoke something like this in order to cause an incident and therefore a reason for war? Wouldn't be the first time… But anyway, despite the way the press is making it sound, it isn't really that serious; Not in of itself and not at the moment. It just depends how people handle it from here and what everyone's intentions are.

Always remember this: Iran doesn't want a war, they're painfully afraid of it, they have everything to lose, literally. However; Britain and the US do not have much to lose at all in any potential war, just an escalating of their current actions and a chance to follow through with some threats that have been on the table for a long time.
-That'll make it a bit clearer when trying to understand motives here.

All indications are that they'd (US & UK) like to go in, take out strategic targets (air defence, runways etc.), destroy the nuclear research facilities and then head out again. The idea is simply to cripple them and perhaps avoid an extended war. Of course this is stupid wishful thinking, but there's no telling some people.

Ooo, Is this Debate and Discussion fodder? :)

Posted at

I HATE politics.

I have no doubt we're going in, as a "Justice mission" we've been there for awhile, actually, just that we can no make it legal….

Posted at

It happened before, with nothing happening in the end. The waterway they are talking about has no real lines of control. So the brits could have thought they were in Iraq and the Iranians might have thought they were in Iran.

I see the Brits being returned and nothing comeing from this.

Posted at

It's things like this that made me stop caring, I used to think war was a horrible, evil thing, now I couldn't care less. You see what you're doing world? You're turning me into a sociopath, that's what you're bloody doing.

It's almost as if they're doing it on purpose, just so they can use those bombs which are nearly past their sell by date.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Even if this sparked a lot of tension, the Congress needs to agree to go to war, and after Iraq no one will approve another war. If Bush sends troops into Iran they'll be a huge backlash from both parties, saying that he's undermining the troops in Iraq. With the "surge" in Iraq going on, it's not like America can spare any troops anyway to invade. Although I don't doubt that Bush would LIKE to send troops into Iran.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.