Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Orgonite

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

http://www.orgonite.info/

This is not a joke, or a game, or an advertisement. This is not a business opportunity. We don't want your money. Orgonite vendors exist only to serve those who are not able to or interested in making orgonite themselves. Orgonite does not require belief or conscious intention in order to work. This is not a religion, a cult, or a product of disinformation of any kind. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the "newage movement."

Anybody have experiences with orgone?

Is this for real or a pseudoscience?

If this is a moneymaking business, why do these same people who sell orgone post up instructions on HOW TO MAKE THEM?

Isn't that weird? If lets say you have a product that youre trying to sell. Do you think you would share your information on how to build that same product with others? Because if you do that, the competitors will be able to get your information.

It doesnt make sense.

Your thoughts on orgone? Has anybody actually tried these out?

Posted at

Is this for real or a pseudoscience?

This is a purely informational site about orgonite, a simple compound anyone can create in their backyard with fairly inexpensive, widely-available materials which balances ambient energy by turning the negative energy into positive energy, with many easily-confirmed effects. Orgonite does this continuously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without electricity.

Psuedoscience.

Simple. Easy to make. Works continuously.
Turns negative energy into positive energy.
Psuedoscience

Purifies the atmosphere, detoxifies water, ends drought.
Unbacked claim AND ridiculous psuedoscience

Helps plants grow better, repel pests & require less water.
See above

Mitigates harmful effects of EMF radiation.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Disarms and repels predatory forms of life.
Psudeoscience that DESTROYS THE ENVIRONMENT.

Inspires a pleasant demeanor and balanced, happier moods.
Sure, if you believe this shit.

Frequently remedies insomnia and chronic nightmares.
Placebo effect.

Helps awaken your innate psychic senses.
There are not enough words in the world to express how stupid this is.

EDIT: I did a bit of digging on the site and found that this Orgone nonsense was started by one Wilhelm Reich. Seems our buddy Wil was once a respected psychiatrist. In fact, some of his work is recommended reading in some college/university programs.

Until he lost his mind and the ability to think skeptically, that is.

See, Reich suffered a mental breakdown in his later years and started to think up all this wacky shit. He even stated that his "Ogone Collectors" could generate heat from nothing and even dragged Einstein into the mix. Einstein did the scientific equivalent of a bitchslap and sent him running along on his merry way.

Kyupol, you too would well to develop a more skeptical approach.

Posted at

When Albert Einstein says that, it is pretty much Game Over Man, Game Over.

I butter the toast of my skeptiscm with a lot of cynicism these days.

Posted at

I know very little about science - Science lessons in school bored me to tears, possibly because of our boring teachers - but I do know that this is crap.

Purifies the atmosphere, detoxifies water, ends drought.
I am amazed that someone can put so much BS into one sentence without the universe collapsing on the spot.

Reich's work was continued in earnest in the 1960's by more open-minded Russian scientists such as Dr. Nikolai Kozyrev (1908-1983), who also scientifically proved that such unseen energies indeed exist all around us
Open-minded - read; gullible.

And how, may I ask, did this Dr. Nikolai Kozyrev "scientifically prove" this bogus theory? (Fun fact: Dr. Kozyrev's own Wikipedia article makes no mention whatsoever of these supposed Orgonite experiments.)

When Albert Einstein says that, it is pretty much Game Over Man, Game Over.

I butter the toast of my skeptiscm with a lot of cynicism these days.
Agreed in full.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It had a lot of believers at one time. They even thought they could make it rain. I love Kate Bush's film clip "Cloudbusting" that she made, inspired by the story of the guy behind it. It's a great song. :)
His story is very sad though…

Wilhelm Reich was arrested, all his works burned and he died in prison. All because of his harmless work. :(

Bizarre… there were a lot more actually harmful psychologists out there doing all sorts of crazy stuff that never had similar treatment- that idiot who popularised frontal lobotomies and would shove icepicks up people's noses to mash their brains. Even with at least on death and cases or irreversible brain damage he still went on. The Electro shock guys trying to cure everything from homosexuality to emo teen girls, the ones who advocated hysterectomies for everything, even Freud did some moronic things like the time when he said this women was suffering constant nose bleeds because of childhood trauma- She went to a real doctor eventually and they removed tons of puss covered cotton wool that Freud had shoved up there ages before and forgot about. lol!

Posted at

It had a lot of believers at one time. They even thought they could make it rain. I love Kate Bush's film clip "Cloudbusting" that she made, inspired by the story of the guy behind it. It's a great song. :)
His story is very sad though…

Wilhelm Reich was arrested, all his works burned and he died in prison. All because of his harmless work. :(

Haha no. Reich had a severely communist background during the late 1940s. This, coupled with some pretty hyper-sexual theories and his nigh-cult leader like pretty much made him look pretty scary to the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Haha, that makes it worse. You're painting him with the same brush as the hyper rightwing conspiracy theorists of the time that happened to be in power. lol!

Lovely. Kyupol's bookend.

Posted at

Haha, that makes it worse. You're painting him with the same brush as the hyper rightwing conspiracy theorists of the time that happened to be in power. lol!

I'm saying it WASN'T because of his harmless work. At the time, political views such as communism in america were outright, and very publically stated to be illegal. This guy was basically what L. Ron Hubbard would be today if he had ties to Bin Laden.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No even halfway. You're bookending it all the way to Siamese-twinville lol!

He was jailed for the Orgonite machine thing. I've read up about it APC. Ya can't bamboozal me with your Wiki gossip. ;)

Ties to Bin Laden? Jebus man, take pill and calm down.

Will
Will
Posted at

This is the most epic debate ever.

Posted at

I'm saying it WASN'T because of his harmless work. At the time, political views such as communism in america were outright, and very publically stated to be illegal. This guy was basically what L. Ron Hubbard would be today if he had ties to Bin Laden.
Communism is an economical view. Call him a fascist please if you're looking for something politically threatening.

Posted at

Communism is an economical view. Call him a fascist please if you're looking for something politically threatening.

Back then it WAS considered politically threatening. Communist countries back then were largely oppresive and there was a fair bit of expansionism going on. The fear of communist spies was exceptionally high, and even being investigated as a communist and found innocent would pretty much lead to you having a spotlight on you from any major government organisation.

Posted at

I'll give you that, but the red scare was infamous for being wrong. If anything America was a tyrant at that point and all freedoms oppressed based on hearsay. This Reich character may have been crazy, and you're right to compare him to L. Ron Hubbard, but as for being a communist many people fled Germany when Hitler came to power, especially Jewish like Reich, or people who even looked Jewish or people who even looked at their oppressors funny.

Posted at

I'll give you that, but the red scare was infamous for being wrong. If anything America was a tyrant at that point and all freedoms oppressed based on hearsay. This Reich character may have been crazy, and you're right to compare him to L. Ron Hubbard, but as for being a communist many people fled Germany when Hitler came to power, especially Jewish like Reich, or people who even looked Jewish or people who even looked at their oppressors funny.

Umm…

Hitler ordered the hanging of the leaders of the German communist party. We're talking Stalin here. In fact, he rampantly accused the Jews of being in a conspiracy with the communists to take over the world.

Posted at

Ummmm… I don't understand what you're trying to say really, but help me understand by saying what you mean. You say Hitler thought Jews were trying to take over the world in response to Jews fleeing for their lives when he came to power like you're justifying the man or something.

Posted at

Ummmm… I don't understand what you're trying to say really, but help me understand by saying what you mean. You say Hitler thought Jews were trying to take over the world in response to Jews fleeing for their lives when he came to power like you're justifying the man or something.

No, I'm saying that your last comment implied that Hitler had anything at all to do with communism.

Posted at

Thank you for elaborating in speedy time.

…also even if I didn't seem like I meant it, I didn't try to imply that Hitler was a communist. I didn't know that Hitler ordered them hanged either, so thank you for that bit of information. But so far you've just been spouting out a lot of random historical facts without really saying what you actually mean yourself and I'm just interested in knowing so back your dogs down.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.