Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

pageviews

Posted at

how are pageviews calculated exactly? is it 1 pageview per visitor, or if one visitor looks through all 30 pages of your comic is that 30? does it count when you view your own comic? i'm just wondering how much stock to put in the daily pageview count. since i'm not on the main page except for updates, and i know i'm not too many people's fav (thanks DD Alerter! ..hrm..), i'm often surprised by how many views i seem to have. thanks to anyone who may know and answer.

coinilius
coinilius
Posted at

It's based on how many pages are viewed, not by unique visitor… say I visit your site and sit there constantly skipping between the first and lastest comic 100 time,s then it will read as 100 page views. It also only 'clicks over' every ten view - so if I did that 105 times, it would read as 100, but if I did it 112 times, it would read as 110.

Posted at

thanks for the info. coinilius, did you view the hell out of my pages to demonstrate? haha.. thanks for the help and regular comments. now when i have high views for a day i'll know it was just you… messing with me….

coinilius
coinilius
Posted at

now when i have high views for a day i'll know it was just you… messing with me….

I can't resist the oppurtunity to mess with someones mind *mwa ha ha ha!*

Also, those are some good suggestions Totallyilladvised - you should post them in the 'suggstions for the Duck forum' (if you haven't already) :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.