Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hey! Did you know that the Drunk Duck Awards are gearing up for 2008? Well, it's true - and we need your help!

I'm hoping to line up some of you wonderful wonderful people to act as presenters. Basically, you would be committing to one page in August - you or a character from your comic would be announcing the nominees and then the winner of a specific category. (Note: at this time, the categories will not be set in stone until the end of this month, so I won't be assigning them just yet. I just want to gauge interest in presenting.) You can definitely volunteer for more than one page.

If you have more questions, surf over to the DD Awards forum. If you don't see the answer you want, feel free to post in the active thread or PQ me directly.

Appreciate your interest, support, help, etc.

If you don't want to be a presenter, you can still help out by spreading the word! Initial voting begins August 1! We'll have a final vote around mid-August.

EDIT! If you are curious what a presentation page would entail, check out the winners and presentations from 2007.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I'd love to help out as much as I can. :) If you haven't already gotten everyone you need, I'd be more than willing to make a page. ^^

Wait… if we make a page for presenting the awards, are we not eligible for nomination? Seems kind of like a silly question, but I just want to make sure. :)

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Nah, it's a good question. Absolutely you are eligible! If you get nominated for a particular category, I won't assign you that one, though ^.^

Welcome aboard, everyone! We have LOTS of categories this year, so the more presenters, the merrier. As it stands currently, I might be asking people to do two presentations so I don't end up doing 10 or something by myself ^.^

Rori
Rori
Posted at

I'll do a page! I love presenting.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I would, but I'm going to be too busy.
Sorry!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Awesome! I'm glad to have you all! (Except Bocaj - I'd have been glad to have him, too - but he escaped!)

legacyhero
legacyhero
Posted at

The Legacy Heroes would love to be presenters.
Count me in!

Posted at

I'll do one. Esp. if there's an adult category :D But I'll do any category.

Posted at

I'd like to do one, if you still need people. ^^

Posted at

adult category :D

Aww, that'd be fun. I'm not to bothered what I get but if possible I'd rather not do Sprite or Strips because I don't read them.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Great! You guys are all in (and very much appreciated). I'll make notes of category requests.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I would like to try out for this little comic shindig.

Posted at

I said it before and I say it again: It'll be a pleasure to make a presentation!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Great! I've added you guys to the list. Once the nominations are tallied (around August 11), I'll assign categories and such.

If you haven't voted yet, get to it ^.^

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.