Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I was about to log in when a Circuit City Advertisement comes flying out of freaking nowhere write over the log in box. I quickly moved my cursor out of the way to avoid clicking on it but it seems advertisements now open even if you don't even click on them. It brought me to the website and I quickly exited out and tried to log in again. It happened again like 3 more times. This is really getting annoying and is even occurring on comic pages and other parts of the website. Why can't advertisements just stay inside there little box in the corner?

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

I don't think this gose here

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

We had that trouble before…. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
I'll report it now.Too bad it's the weekend right now though.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

1.Download and install Mozilla Firefox web browser
2. Go to 'add-ons' section
3. Find 'ad block plus' and 'flashblock'

Never see annoying ads again.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Fool me once, shame on you Circuit City. Fool me seven times, damn, I'm just not fast enough.

Apparently there's an auto-redirecting Spike ad, too.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

funfact: telling people to fix the problem themselves by downloading extra add-ons =/= fixing the problem.

However, people should use that method ANYWAY just because some sites that aren't DD are not nearly as good about removing trouble causing ads like DD. I'm sure the admins will take care of it, they're pretty good about fixing ad issues.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

ummm…check please….

i think it's time to leave.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

We had this trouble with exactly these same ads before. It's the advertiser who's screwing us here, they KNOW they're not allowed to put that shit into rotation and yet they still do it anyway…

————–

–TD Drama removed to save embarrassment to those involved and to deprive sordid entertainment from the rest of us.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

We had this trouble with exactly these same ads before. It's the advertiser who's screwing us here, they KNOW they're not allowed to put that shit into rotation and yet they still do it anyway…

————–

–TD Drama removed to save embarrassment to those involved and to deprive sordid entertainment from the rest of us.

I still like my Luke post, I dont care what you haters say

Also is the ad gone because it looks like it's vanished for me.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

No, it's not gone.

json
json
Posted at

yep, it's still there. funny thing is, i was trying to log into the forums, and i saw that circuit city ad billowing out of its designated little box like some bloated roadkill corpse and it just spilled out onto my screen. i though, "jebus, this ad is annoying….one more reason to NOT shop at circuit city."

then i get to the forums and the first post i see is about the very same, stupid ad. there are several other advertising anooyances that do the same thing on other web sites. that crap is just annoying and i fail to see how it will get me excited about their product.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Weird, I don't think I've gotten that ad at all.

Posted at

Yeah, this just happened to me right now.
Darn Circuit City! STOP TRYING TO KEEP ME OUT OF BEST BUY.
I MEAN COMICS.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

the past few days i've been seeing it almost everytime i come to the site! [and i come to the site a lot.]they have a few different kinds of them it looks like. it seems lately advertisers on AND off the net are finding more ways to be obnoxious.

there's these calls i keep getting. sometimes they'll even wake me up in the morning. they appear as unknown and the message will say things like "this is your final notice, you're car insurance is about to expire press one to talk to an operator."
now…there are a few things funny about this…i've been getting these messages for 2 years now…also i dont have a car, nor have i EVER had a car. or insurance for one. and when i speak to the operator to try and have my name taken off, they hang up on me. i called a cop becuase i thought it was a scam. he said it was probably just an advertising sceme and if they continue to call after a month after you've taken yourself off their mailing list, you can sue em. but it's like you're just being offensive now. there's a few other calls i've been getting like that now too. i dont feel like "oh, it's just some telemarketer" anymore, now i feel more like i'm being harassed and i'm sure as HELL not going to buy yer products if you harass me and it's STUPID of you to think that i would!!

sorry, had to let off a little steam.

json
json
Posted at

the past few days i've been seeing it almost everytime i come to the site! [and i come to the site a lot.]they have a few different kinds of them it looks like. it seems lately advertisers on AND off the net are finding more ways to be obnoxious.

there's these calls i keep getting. sometimes they'll even wake me up in the morning. they appear as unknown and the message will say things like "this is your final notice, you're car insurance is about to expire press one to talk to an operator."
now…there are a few things funny about this…i've been getting these messages for 2 years now…also i dont have a car, nor have i EVER had a car. or insurance for one. and when i speak to the operator to try and have my name taken off, they hang up on me. i called a cop becuase i thought it was a scam. he said it was probably just an advertising sceme and if they continue to call after a month after you've taken yourself off their mailing list, you can sue em. but it's like you're just being offensive now. there's a few other calls i've been getting like that now too. i dont feel like "oh, it's just some telemarketer" anymore, now i feel more like i'm being harassed and i'm sure as HELL not going to buy yer products if you harass me and it's STUPID of you to think that i would!!

sorry, had to let off a little steam.

dude, that is the "warranty services" telemarketing company. they say your warranty on you car is about to expire, and you can get an extension through them…but if you ask them "what car is this for?" they will hang up on you. funny thing is, i don't even own a vehicle, and they keep calling me. this is a total scam!!
it is my understanding that they are based out of baja california, mexico where they can legally call people's cell phones. they use an illegal phone number "ghosting" so you cannot trace them.

whatever you do….do NOT press #2 to be removed from their call list. it will add a $90-$100 charge to your phone bill! this has not happened to me, personally. but i get these calls once every couple weeks, each time from a different number, and if i look up the phone numbers, they are all linked to the SAME shitty company.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

man, this is fuckin lame!!!just a bunch of stupid assholes praying on people in hard times. fuck i wish i knew where this place was that they worked out of. there's no reason why something shouldnt be done about it.i mean, we didnt fall for it ourselves, now it's an inconveneince. but there's people out there that fall for this. people that hear this stuff and freak out and may loose money becuase of it. someone needs to be incarcerated for this.

json
json
Posted at

i totally agree with you. not only is it unlawful, but it is un ethical as well. there should be something done about it, but unfortunately since the main company is in mexico, there is nothing anyone can do about it. at least for now.
the are f.ing predators that are preying on the ignorant, and i would like to laugh and say that is what they get, but this sort or evil is unfair. it is preying on the ignorant. like those people who don't know what a firewall is.

json
json
Posted at

OMG! is there anyway we can get rid of these circuit city ads? please?

half of the time now there's this f***ing Wii remote flying around my entire screen and i can't click anywhere without being redirected to their stupid site.

the other half the time it is some f***tards with digital cameras walking across the top half of my screen or some kung fu, karate ninja wanna be crap where they come kicking out of the box and flying around my screen.

these ads have gone past annoying now. makes me want to physically drive to the graphic designer who threw these flash monstrosities together and pummle him with his keyboard! and i am not a viloent man by any means.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Yeah, I have to put up with this shit 9 out of 10 times I log onto Drunk Duck. If this is a terms of service violation, I say to tell the moderators to have their ads pulled. Yeah, it's less money, but it's severely crippling DD and pissing a LOT of people off, and a few extra bucks just isn't worth losing thousands of visitors over.

EDIT: So, just as I posted this, and even as I was typing this edit, a bunch of Circuit City books just flopped onto the screen. DEFINITELY has to stop.

KDog
KDog
Posted at

Yes, please kill these banner ads! They have a way of sneaking under your mouse cursor when you least expect it. If I have another tab for Circuit City open when I try to do something with my comic, I'm gonna scream. Some companies just don't know the line between tolerable advertising and in-your-face, extremely annoying advertising! Good job pissing off the consumers!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You mean this is STILL a problem?
I reported this a while ago…

KDog
KDog
Posted at

Yeah, it's been pretty constant for the last couple of weeks and has been really bad over the last few days. Maybe not everybody sees it since only ISPs in certain regions are targeted? I'm not sure how that works, but I do live in an area (New Jersey, USA) where Circuit City has locations. I see the ads on almost every page I visit on DD. It's become a bit challenging to edit my comic since I'm continously being assaulted by these ads.

Starbraces
Starbraces
Posted at

I've been surfing DD all day and I haven't gotten a single ad… Maybe because I use Firefox? Who knows. Maybe I'm just awesome and a natural advertisement reflectant

Dan
Dan
Posted at

For now, let's just count the amount of times we clicked on the ad.

I got 11.

Posted at

These advertisements won't stop popping up,seriously If I see one more Wii mote,karate kick,book,or anything freaking fly out at me I'm going to go to Circuit City and punch someone.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.