Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

READY FOR A FIGHT?

murphy
murphy
Posted at

Anyone remember the good ol' days when we had a big ass forum fight? Each person would draw a page where their character was fighting one or more of the previous characters in the comic? It eventually evolved into a structured comic where fighters were matched up and people voted on the victor (just a big popularity contest but still fun).

Anyway, I loved how it started, as a forum free for all. Anyone interested in doing it again?

If so, step up. Post a page and turnaround of your character.*
(Also, anyone know what happened to Jester and Kat?)

* Please keep characters a simple enough for people to draw. If you want to join but need someone to do the art, let me know.

T_K
T_K
Posted at

Jester is now known as Zwuh, and Kat don't hang here no more.. if you mean Kat-H/Kat hall.

murphy
murphy
Posted at

Heard wind someone was wondering where I was. Was this the King of Iron Duck one? I remember that XD That was almost two years ago. Ye olde days.
And long time no see, Murphy. I'm not really on here anymore so yeah.

Yeah, this is what turned into the King of the Iron Duck. I couldn't remember what the tournament was called. Anyway, you still doing a comic somewhere?

Posted at

I like the sound of this I've never done it in comic form oinly written. Murphy do you reckon you comuld just do a character design and i'll be able to draw the rest of the stuff.

murphy
murphy
Posted at

how's this work?

ways to improve it:
-give him a better name than Silence
-trade the guns for more novel weapons like spatulas or cellphones
-give him a real face, instead of the "man in the iron mask" look
-put a logo of some kind on his chest
-give him some kickass boots

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Hmm… How do I insert an image into this?

murphy
murphy
Posted at

Hmm… How do I insert an image into this?

You make an image of a fighter fighting my character (the one at the very top; Silence was drawn for someone else), you draw a turnaround of him/her (for easy reference), you go to Image Shack, upload your comic, copy the code, and post it here.

To post it on the forum, put the following code:
[code:1][/code:1]

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Well, I don't have him fighting anything yet, I figured everyone who was participating would send their characters in, and THEN we set up the matches.

Well, I couldn't find out how to get it to be just on the forum like yours, but I see that the picture is a link to the thingy.
(Ignore the handwriting if you can't read it, it isn't important.)

Laura
Laura
Posted at

Anyway, I loved how it started, as a forum free for all. Anyone interested in doing it again?

If so, step up. Post a page and turnaround of your character.*
(Also, anyone know what happened to Jester and Kat?)

Not that it matters anymore, but the games began with Jester/Zwuh organising the KOID tourney and getting a forum for that.. one of the contestants freaked out that people could reserve places on KOID when he had worked so hard on his entry.. then set up "The Underground" (hardcore, yo) which was the free-fer-all.

Thinking about KOID recently, so I thought I'd make a small contribution..

KO :lol:

murphy
murphy
Posted at

Not that it matters anymore, but the games began with Jester/Zwuh organising the KOID tourney and getting a forum for that.. one of the contestants freaked out that people could reserve places on KOID when he had worked so hard on his entry.. then set up "The Underground" (hardcore, yo) which was the free-fer-all.

Nope. It started with Tom Siddell of Gunnerkrigg Court and others (like that guy whose avatar had a ponytail and sunglasses…wish I could remember his name). We were just talking about it the other day. It really doesn't matter, but I have this problem where I've always got to have the last word. :D

Also, things to point out:
-killing characters is taboo because resurrecting them gets old quick
-any art style is acceptable as long as we can tell who's fighting who
-person1, person2, and person3 can draw pages in any order (I don't think we ever had a problem of conflicting pages)

Also, he's back:

Posted at

The guy that made the Underground freaked out that he did not get into the tournament "Fightsplosion", which Jester abandoned shortly after it started. It was all very bitter and political, and Jester just ignored what he had started, even after many people asked him what was going on. That was back before the site got revamped. It was almost a year ago that happened, I think.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

this is pretty cool, but shouldn't it be under forum games?

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Oooo i got one

I call him china bot because i got tired of all this stuff saying made in china and decided to make a joke about it.

for obvious reasons.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.