Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

real kryptonite found

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Haha, that's funny! I bet the movie people just picked that string of chemicals at random. Seems like kryptonite should contain krpton, though

Posted at

okay, that would be confusing with Krypton alread in the periodic tables

Krypton (IPA: /ˈkrɪptən/ or /ˈkrɪptan/) is a chemical element with the symbol Kr and atomic number 36. A colorless, odorless, tasteless noble gas, krypton occurs in trace amounts in the atmosphere, is isolated by fractionally distilling liquified air, and is often used with other rare gases in fluorescent lamps. Krypton is inert for most practical purposes but it is known to form compounds with fluorine. Krypton can also form clathrates with water when atoms of it are trapped in a lattice of the water molecules.

From 1960 to 1983, the length of the meter was defined in terms of the orange-red spectral line of krypton-86, an isotope of krypton. It as well as all other noble gases can be used in lighting and photography. Krypton has an important role in production and usage of the krypton fluoride laser.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

okay, that would be confusing with Krypton alread in the periodic tables
I know it's a real element, and that it's a gas, but I mean if I was making the movie the chemical equaton for cryptonite would contain krypton somehow, even if it's chemically impossible. Just because I think it would look cool and Superman movies shouldn't be that tied up in reality.

Chelano
Chelano
Posted at

oh oh….my weakness has been found….

j/k

Do you think superman was watching TV and was like "OH f***!"

Posted at

Do you think superman was watching TV and was like "OH f***!"

nah, kryptonite doesn't even bother superman that much anymore. In the new movie he picked up an island of the stuff and threw it into space. Superman's all like "whatever krypronite, yo mamma's a bitch"

Posted at

there are actually six kinds of kryptonite. Only one known outside of comics to man. It is also kinda old its actually Kr on chem lab chart I think.

Posted at

What does kryptonite do, besides make Superman wet himself?

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

In the old comics there was like Red Kryptonite that made weird stuff happen for no reason. Like in one 60's comic Superman turned into like half duck or something. True story.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

There are different kinds of kryptonite, actually. If I remember correctly there is regular kryptonite which makes him weak, red kryptonite makes him mean and erratic, gold kryptonite removed is powers perminantly, white kryptonite kills plant life, and blue kryptonite effects Bizzaro. I feel like there was one that made him apethetic, too. Most of the different types were eliminated post-crisis, though.

Posted at

lawl, poor Superman.

So what does it do scientifically? The real element I mean?

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

The only thing I know of the real element being used for is tube lighting, in place of Neon, to produce different colours.

Senretsu
Senretsu
Posted at

:D SHINIES?!
SHINIES PRECIOUSS??
So much for big green Crystals. Ok, New rule, If it comes from space it's green.

Posted at

I read about that…What a coincidence, huh…Jadarite is what they're callin' it…(Seems like it should be green) instead of white and powdery…

Will
Will
Posted at

heh, there probably only naming it kryptonite for media attention :D

looks interesing though, is it edible?

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

looks interesing though, is it edible?

Anything is edible if you bite hard enough.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.